Sponsored

Just Installed ACE Engineering Rock Sliders on the JLUR

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
Hope you can deal with my saying. Yuk! and to boot you are gonna blow off the rubi rails. Think long and hard on this....
Is it me or are you seeing something else? They literally look exactly the same to me just in one piece.?(instead of 2) what am I missing? DOD you the install video?
Sponsored

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Is it me or are you seeing something else? They literally look exactly the same to me just in one piece.?(instead of 2) what am I missing? DOD you the install video?
Ed, Yes, I watched the video. Actually a decent video. He talked about the body bolts and how to remove which is good.

I just can't see losing the rubi rails on your JLU. Also, I don't like what you will be replacing them with. Those rail area are lets say to squared off when I look at them. They are too industrial looking. Like somebody made them in 12 grade metal shop class. Of course, the install involves more in comparison to say the Ace slider offering. Not only body bolts but pinch seam bolts too. Not a hard install at all though.

Just losing the rubi rails alone makes me say no way.. and then the rest...and they cost more to boot .... nah not for me. But, to each his own.

I don't consider myself a fanboy of ACE but I would do the Ace Sliders way before the RockHards.

jjjj.jpg

Last edited:

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
I really like these especially now that they corrected creaking issue. But I need to ask how is the finish? I’ve read where as soon as you step on these they mark up the finish easily.
Scott, The guy in the video saying the Ace Sliders are dirty, scuffed, etc. and yada yada is a wuss.. What does he expect, if he has been off roading with them for 6 months..

The Ace Sliders like any many other powder coated offerings will scuff, etc. if you drag your boots over them, drag them over rocks, drag them against tree stumps, etc.. Regardless, they are strong, well made and durable. They are so easy to maintain if you just spray them over with Rust-Oleum Bedliner Spray and then occasionally take some of the same on a rag wet with the stuff and then wipe the sliders. My youngest Son has the Ace's and he is rough on them. I can get them looking new again in 20 mins. with the Rust-Oleum.

For the record, unless you are a more rickety old man then I am, there is no reason to be using them to get in and out of your JLU. But, if you do, no big deal as they clean up easily like I said.

Last edited:

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
Ed, Yes, I watched the video. Actually a decent video. He talked about the body bolts and how to remove which is good.

I just can't see losing the rubi rails on your JLU. Also, I don't like what you will be replacing them with. Those rail area are lets say to squared off when I look at them. They are too industrial looking. Like somebody made them in 12 grade metal shop class. Of course, the install involves more in comparison to say the Ace slider offering. Not only body bolts but pinch seam bolts too. Not a hard install at all though.

Just losing the rubi rails alone makes me say no way.. and then the rest...and they cost more to boot .... nah not for me. But, to each his own.

I don't consider myself a fanboy of ACE but I would do the Ace Sliders way before the RockHards.

jjjj.jpg
Ok, so I'm not crazy, you don't like the aesthetics. That's fine, I haven't really studied them in comparison to the ACE aesthetics, which I will. I was mostly referring to the construction of them with that one piece design. Im a novice engineer, and would tend to think that one piece vs two opposing pieces is #1 more stable #2 can withstand more weight and pressure #3 no chance of movement, or rubbing #4 the powder coat alone is also a plus vs black bedliner paint. So the look of them I'll have to look at but I did notice that because they are one piece, the angle of the tube is more outbound (providing a bit more of a step maybe). I guess with ACE the angle is pre-determined by them just clearing the existing rubi rails. The pinch seam is still hidden which is a plus and I think a few more points of contact as well. Are the Rubi rails really worth keeping if you want to get something that kills 2 mods with 1 wrench?Woukd the Ace Slides with rubi rails provide more or better protection? Your thoughts.....?(aside from the aesthetics). Lol

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Ok, so I'm not crazy, you don't like the aesthetics. That's fine, I haven't really studied them in comparison to the ACE aesthetics, which I will. I was mostly referring to the construction of them with that one piece design. Im a novice engineer, and would tend to think that one piece vs two opposing pieces is #1 more stable #2 can withstand more weight and pressure #3 no chance of movement, or rubbing #4 the powder coat alone is also a plus vs black bedliner paint. So the look of them I'll have to look at but I did notice that because they are one piece, the angle of the tube is more outbound (providing a bit more of a step maybe). I guess with ACE the angle is pre-determined by them just clearing the existing rubi rails. The pinch seam is still hidden which is a plus and I think a few more points of contact as well. Are the Rubi rails really worth keeping if you want to get something that kills 2 mods with1 wrench?Woukd the Ace Slides with rubi rails provide more or better protection? Your thoughts.....?(aside from the aesthetics). Lol
First, Ace Sliders are powder coated just like the others you are looking at. The ones you are looking at, have powder coat that wil lscuff, etc. like the Aces and other powder coated sliders out there. All the powder coated ones clean up nice using the Rust-Oleum. Another plus is the Rust=Oleum Bed Spray matches the color of the stock rubi rails too.

More durable. You will find the Aces durable enough for anything you will throw at them or drag them over.

I urge you to see Ace Sliders installed on a Wrangler with rubi rails also installed. The look just flows, they are visually appealing and not squared off, etc.. They are durable also... Again, to each his own.

Sponsored

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
First, Ace Sliders are powder coated just like the others you are looking at. The ones you are looking at, have powder coat that wil lscuff, etc. like the Aces and other powder coated sliders out there. All the powder coated ones clean up nice using the Rust-Oleum. Another plus is the Rust=Oleum Bed Spray matches the color of the stock rubi rails too.

More durable. You will find the Aces durable enough for anything you will throw at them or drag them over.

I urge you to see Ace Sliders installed on a Wrangler with rubi rails also installed. The look just flows, they are visually appealing and not squared off, etc.. They are durable also... Again, to each his own.
I had them on my JK without the rubi rails. They were nice. No complaints at all. I though for some reason they were not powder coated. Which is why I brought that point up..

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
I had them on my JK without the rubi rails. They were nice. No complaints at all.
Pinch seam showing looks like absolute chitt in my opinion. Rubi rails or something hiding the pinch seam is a must.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I'm really digging these all one piece construction and powder coated! for only a little more than ACE! I might be pulling the trigger and seller my stock Rubi Rails.....Any opions on this company? http://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-90104.htm
As a Sport owner I really like these. I thought about getting the Ace sliders but don't want the pinch seam showing as I don't have Rubi rails. Purchasing Rubi rails + sliders seems excessive so these kill two birds with one stone!

OP
OP
Dreadnought_Leviathan

Dreadnought_Leviathan

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Finance
Vehicle Showcase
I'm selling the ACE Rock Sliders if anyone is interested. I'm in the Dallas Texas area.

Sponsored

BSw

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR - 2015 Ford Mustang - 2018 Volvo S90
OP
OP
Dreadnought_Leviathan

Dreadnought_Leviathan

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Finance
Vehicle Showcase
Why are you selling them
I want a different look. I don’t want both the standard rails and the rock sliders on. The new set has been redesigned and ACE has stated that fitment issues will no longer be an issue. Right now they’re sitting on the floor of my bed room.

Cody6597

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I want a different look. I don’t want both the standard rails and the rock sliders on. The new set has been redesigned and ACE has stated that fitment issues will no longer be an issue. Right now they’re sitting on the floor of my bed room.
How much?

OP
OP
Dreadnought_Leviathan

Dreadnought_Leviathan

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation