Ace Engineering Rock Sliders installed!

fzdan4256

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Billet Silver , 6 speed
Drove to the new shop today. They installed the sliders at no charge. Took about 15 min. Guys were great to talk too. I plan on going back for some more things when I have the cash.....By the way these sliders are rock solid! Look great too!! Thx Ace!

wYqZeidwTZiutQtPbc5vkw.jpg

ABTllpFCT6qfRDeXb+Bwlw.jpg

kjRFvygiSRWTJN12rGKFKA.jpg

jD96WfGiRoS1F7B0+OCyZw.jpg
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@fzdan4256 Lookin good!

For sure Ace Slider's look great on either a 2 dr. or 4 dr. Wrangler. They look great on JK's and JL's.

The powder coat on Ace Sliders is real decent.

And.... Ace Engineering in general..... They are a pleasure to deal with. Good communicator's and they stand by their products.

Wish I lived close enough to Ace Engineering, so I could have popped over and gotten a free install by Ace as you did!

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
Will the powder coat hold up if my wife uses them as a step? Or will they look scratched and jankie after while?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@He_Hate_Me_JL

I have had Ace Slider's on 3 JK's and more recently my 2 dr. JL.

Ace Engineering is a forum sponsor - Thanks for that @ACE Engineering

The powder coat on the Ace's is very good, but like any powder coated slider, the slider will scuff...if you drag, brush hard against, etc. a shoe or boot that has dirt or sand on it across their surface. Again, very good powder coat on the Ace Slider offering but... even the best can get scuffed up.

I can tell you that the Ace Slider's are easily detailed / made to look good again / made scuff free, easily with a light coat of Rust-Oleum Truck Bed Coating. (the stuff is very inexpensive) The Rust-Oleum is a real real close match to the color of the Ace slider.

The application of the Rust-Oleum Truck Bed Coating takes but a few minutes. Just spray a light coat on, wait a few minutes and then do another coat. Do not try to apply one heavy coat as you will have be faced with runs.

Anyway, do light coats... allow to dry for a few minutes between coats. Comes out looking good... real good. I have found, if I have a small scuff(s), the Rust-Oleum can be applied with a clean cloth with some Rust-Oleum on it .... you kinda blot the scuff away.

I ask my gal pal, my Son's and other passengers to do as I do, and not use the Ace Slider as a step. If they / I, inadvertently do, and a scuff occurs, the scuff is easily dealt with, thanks to the Rust-Oleum Truck Bed Coating.

Z1KA-ufo5oy.JPG

slider-install day.jpg

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
@He_Hate_Me_JL

I have had Ace Slider's on 3 JK's and more recently my 2 dr. JL.

Ace Engineering is a forum sponsor - Thanks for that @ACE Engineering

The powder coat on the Ace's is very good, but like any powder coated slider, the slider will scuff...if you drag, brush hard against, etc. a shoe or boot that has dirt or sand on it across their surface. Again, very good powder coat on the Ace Slider offering but... even the best can get scuffed up.

I can tell you that the Ace Slider's are easily detailed / made to look good again / made scuff free, easily with a light coat of Rust-Oleum Truck Bed Coating. (the stuff is very inexpensive) The Rust-Oleum is a real real close match to the color of the Ace slider.

The application of the Rust-Oleum Truck Bed Coating takes but a few minutes. Just spray a light coat on, wait a few minutes and then do another coat. Do not try to apply one heavy coat as you will have be faced with runs.

Anyway, do light coats... allow to dry for a few minutes between coats. Comes out looking good... real good. I have found, if I have a small scuff(s), the Rust-Oleum can be applied with a clean cloth with some Rust-Oleum on it .... you kinda blot the scuff away.

I ask my gal pal, my Son's and other passengers to do as I do, and not use the Ace Slider as a step. If they / I, inadvertently do, and a scuff occurs, the scuff is easily dealt with, thanks to the Rust-Oleum Truck Bed Coating.

Z1KA-ufo5oy.JPG

slider-install day.jpg
Excellent info!!! Thanks!!!

Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
I installed 3m abrasive tape on mine, so there isn't any wear on the POWDERCOAT--
SUNP0216_zpslmasnjh7.jpg

It also is "NONSLIP" for rain/mud/snow--great stuff-

JIMBO

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I bought new, waited an excruciating 6 weeks for delivery!
I got lucky. I ordered a set, then saw someone selling them locally for about 1/2 price. A ding or two on them. But nothing some of that Rustolium truck bed paint didnt fix.

Sponsored

ACE Engineering

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
ACE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU, 2009 Jeep Wrangler JK-8

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
ACE sliders look great getting ready to order , like they allow you to keep factory Rubicon rail. two questions.
How many inches away from the body do they protect ?
Do they have any logos ?
Thanks

Last edited:

ACE Engineering

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
ACE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU, 2009 Jeep Wrangler JK-8
ACE sliders look great getting ready to order , like they allow you to keep factory Rubicon rail. two questions.
How many inches away from the body do they protect ?
Do they have any logos ?
Thanks

1. They stick out about 4" from the body and do a good job of stopping dings.

2. No, they do not have any logos.

Thank you,

ACE

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
1. They stick out about 4" from the body and do a good job of stopping dings.

2. No, they do not have any logos.

Thank you,

ACE
Hi thanks for the info it’s very helpful.
What should I retorque the 4 ( I have a 2 door ) body bolts to ? All four are the same size think jeeps says around 75lbs or ? Any Anti-seize ?
Thank you

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I’d go ahead and buy new bolts from Chrysler. It’s like another $35. The new bolts have threadlocer on them already. The rears have low strength (blue) threadlocker on them and the fronts have high strength (red). Lots of threads on here about how difficult it can be to get them out and some people have snapped the bolts trying. I heated the fronts with a propane torch for 5 min and used an air impact wrench to remove them with no issues. I torqued them to 80 ft/lbs.
Sponsored