Sponsored

A-pillar to windshield gap? And slow driver's side window.

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
Good that makes me feel better. I guess due to my job i nitpick things. I'll try not to look anymore
Same here, although I’ve gone away from nitpicking things over the last few years. Who knows, for all we know we may have a bad batch of Jeeps. BTW Congrats on the new Jeep.
Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
...just as a baseline of measurement, suppose both front door windows are completely down and you attempt to start them both on their way up at the same time.

Where's the driver's side window positioned at the time the passenger's side window is completely closed?

Swagger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Just checked mine, i agree with texgoat, i can see light through the gap on both sides. I have a black jeep, so it was hard to see the light. My gap is even on both sides though, so still think you may be able adjust the windshield by pushing it sideways after loosening the top bolts.

OP
OP
foxess

foxess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport 2 dr
Same here, although I’ve gone away from nitpicking things over the last few years. Who knows, for all we know we may have a bad batch of Jeeps. BTW Congrats on the new Jeep.
Thank you! It is the vehicle i always wanted and now that my kids are close to grown i can finally have and enjoy a 2 dr wrangler

Swagger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
If you put your hand between the wind shield and a pillar, the reflection will change in between the gap, indicating light is coming through. I think this is normal as long as the seal is good with no wind or water coming through. BTW, found driver side upper windshield bolt loose again on mine while researching this.

Sponsored

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
Me makes note.... need to check this out tomorrow :lipssealed:

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Think mine has something similar. Will photo later and post.

Bswen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
THIS, doesnt it look like you are missing the door gasket?

Sponsored

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
Thank you! It is the vehicle i always wanted and now that my kids are close to grown i can finally have and enjoy a 2 dr wrangler
Welcome to the 2 door family! We’re apparently a small group but willing to help in any way we can! Any updates on either issue? Curious to see what you’ve found....

Bob Burd

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snwburd.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I just went out and checked and found same as you - the driver side gap with light, narrower passenger side no light. Funny, I've had it 2.5 yrs now and never noticed it. And never had the doors off, so guessing that's not related. I'm betting it's a non-issue.

Last edited:

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Hey y'all,
First, congrats on the Wrangler and welcome to the forum.

Second, it’s a Jeep thing.

Third, close your door, lower the window and position your head to where you can see the space you’re referring to. There should be a rubber grommet the length of the A pillar which should allow a small bit of light thru.

Judging by the picture you took, you have this piece so you shouldn’t have any issue with leaks, bugs or the elements passing this area.

Re your window going up slower on one side than the other... you have to be diligent when reattaching the doors. The wiring connector needs to be reattached VERY carefully.

The pins inside are easy to bend if you’re hasty and if they don’t make proper contact you’ll open the door to all kinds of problems. Pun fully intended.
Sponsored