Sponsored

A new customer to Jeep and already disappointed! Received Xtreme Recon wheels with 10 bolts (instead of advertised 25 bolts)

Xorak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hellayella Sport, 2023 Reign Sahara
I get it - This isn't a 15k jeep like they used to make them. These Jeeps are 50k plus, basically a down payment on a mortgage. It's like if they gave you different windows, doors, kitchen granite color, or appliances than what were advertised. Whether you have the luxury to change them out or not, it is still a nuisance.

That being said, no, there is nothing the dealer or Jeep will do about it. Go have fun and get them dirty until you cant even see the bolts.

Actually, the Jeeps now are way, way better for basically the same money when adjusted for inflation.

In 1997, a Wrangler Sport would have cost you $17,140. In 2022, a 2023 Wrangler Sport starts at $31,195. That $17, 140 in 1997 is worth $32,105 today. For the same purchasing power, the 2023 is a serious value!

4-play

First Name
Sherman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR
Tell me your uncomfortable with how much you spent without telling me your uncomfortable with how much you spent. . .:)

I also, "custom" ordered my XR... .. I had it go into limp mode, and reverse not work, on the first day of our 3 week road trip, which included off road trips to Colorado, and OUR WEDDING ...

was sooo sure I was going to sell this piece of junk for a Toyota , until i was leaving St Elmo, heading towards Taylor park, and seem a 4-runner pretty much fully flexed out, with one tire in the air, going down the same trail I thought was "boring" because it wasn't challenging enough .. That whole solid axle thing ..

Like one wise man once said.. Jeeps aren't that bad once you get all the OEM junk off them and replace with aftermarket.
Jeep Wrangler JL A new customer to Jeep and already disappointed! Received Xtreme Recon wheels with 10 bolts (instead of advertised 25 bolts) E616A49B-29E8-459E-BA66-6B9E9930F314

Punkn89

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Actually, the Jeeps now are way, way better for basically the same money when adjusted for inflation.

In 1997, a Wrangler Sport would have cost you $17,140. In 2022, a 2023 Wrangler Sport starts at $31,195. That $17, 140 in 1997 is worth $32,105 today. For the same purchasing power, the 2023 is a serious value!
you totally missed the point, but sure!

Id still trade my JLU for a brand newish Rubi LJ any day.

Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Someone’s gotta do it to keep this forum worth visiting. Besides, getting waved at and getting your balls handed to you by other Jeepers is part of the initiation process. “Here’s a wave! Now step over here for your beating.” Sniff sniff… OP is all growed up now! You’re officially in, OP! Just no angry eyes and grumpers please.
Hmmmm— Not so fast, No True Flaming, many agreed , initiation process incomplete.:)

4-play

First Name
Sherman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR
I had a set of these on my JT for a while, wonder if the 12 bolt rings work on the XR wheels.
Jeep Wrangler JL A new customer to Jeep and already disappointed! Received Xtreme Recon wheels with 10 bolts (instead of advertised 25 bolts) 1E20ED23-3543-4FF3-B28C-A30D31C3341C

Xorak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hellayella Sport, 2023 Reign Sahara
you totally missed the point, but sure!

Id still trade my JLU for a brand newish Rubi LJ any day.
I would have said the same thing until I drove an LJ when we were at the dealer picking up the 2023. It reminded me how much better the new ones are. I had a couple TJs and really liked them, but I'd never go back now.

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Well, 50 on those and another 125 on the others…
IMO it’s easier to replace the beauty ring on your new XR wheels than jack up, take off, sell your wheels and tires and then try to find another set of older XR wheels and tires for the same price and reinstall.

Sponsored

4-play

First Name
Sherman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR
IMO it’s easier to replace the beauty ring on your new XR wheels than jack up, take off, sell your wheels and tires and then try to find another set of older XR wheels and tires for the same price and reinstall.
Lol, I changed wheels and tires 3 times in the last 11 months. Still haven’t found the ones to leave on there long enough to worry about a 4 or 5 tire rotation.

Punkn89

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
I would have said the same thing until I drove an LJ when we were at the dealer picking up the 2023. It reminded me how much better the new ones are. I had a couple TJs and really liked them, but I'd never go back now.
No doubt the electronic goodies, luxuries, ride quality, etc. are all much improved and better today. There was something about driving in my 97 tj that I just can’t get back in these new Jeeps. Maybe it was the wind about to knock me over, the oil leakage, cold cabin, or maybe it was not being able to go above 60mph lol.

I miss the simplicity of them. I felt more comfortable working on the old ones and getting them scratched up and dirty. Wheels were the last thing on my mind. I remember Dick Cepek wheels were all the rage and they were cheap af just waiting to get beat up. Throw some “BIG” 33 tires on there And you were good to go. That 4.0 was the most fun I’ve ever had in a Jeep. While still fun, I just don’t get the same feeling in this JLU. Plus my arms are growing weak with these auto windows! Haha jk.

MesaAZGuy

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
To the OP, I just noticed you live very close to us! Took 18 pages to figure this out, but what the heck, I'm slow! If you ever want to meet up and "play" Jeep, let me know! (We are on Ellsworth & Southern)

OP
OP

Maxvdub62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Xtreme Recon
To the OP, I just noticed you live very close to us! Took 18 pages to figure this out, but what the heck, I'm slow! If you ever want to meet up and "play" Jeep, let me know! (We are on Ellsworth & Southern)
I'm on Higley and Queen Creek. For sure!

Coltron_Actual

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ, 2006 LJ, 2021 Rubicon
HERESY!! :LOL:

My LJ is still my favorite unless I have to get on the turnpike. But the JL is finally the four door Jeep done right.
Sponsored