Sponsored

999999 Odometer

longhorns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Once it was diagnosed, it took one day, they proveded a loaner, kept the Wrangler overnight. In that time they would start and stop the jeep to make sure it was fixed. No cost to me, warranty took it all including the loaner.

What you need to do is take it in to service, get them to pay attention to the cluster unit. Jeep Cares was also involved, and they assigned a caseworker. Good luck.
How did you get it in one day? Did they program the odometer directly at the dealership?

I have been waiting on a new instrument cluster, due to a bad speedometer, for three weeks (since 6/26). They have been holding on to my Jeep because they can not have me adding miles to the odometer. The dealer had to add the odometer reading to the part request so the manufacturer (Jeep) will program the instrument cluster with the odometer. It's been three weeks and now Jeep has changed the part delivery date, again, to 8/3. I gave up on them and picked up my Jeep today extremely frustrated with Jeep. I have a caseworker but he has not been helpful. Just getting him to answer the phone or returning calls has been a challenge. I was told there is now a nationwide parts shortage by my caseworker. Not sure what to do from here.
Sponsored

OP
OP
muskynut

muskynut

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JLU SPORT-S
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I think I was the first. When I first reported this, Jeep Cares jumped right on it. I wastold to go to the dealership I purchased my jeep from they diagnossed the problem, kept it, replaced it. Being the first, I guess had it's advantageous.
You should have been provided with a loaner. Bring it back, get your loaner. Thats what I would insist on.

I'm sorry to hear of your inconvenience.

longhorns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Thanks. It's been frustrating but I don't think I can take it back. Jeep has missed three delivery dates already. I have no confidence that they are able to deliver the instrument cluster on 8/3. Come 8/4 they will quite possibly just change the date again. Leaving my brand new Rubicon on the uncovered back lot of the dealership in 104 degree heat for five, six, seven weeks with no guarantee that they will have the part does not sound right to me. It was covered in bird poop when I picked it up. Jeep owes me better warranty service than this. @JeepCares.

OP
OP
muskynut

muskynut

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Contact Julie at Jeep Cares. She was good by me. Explain to her your frustration.

jeffrey4x4

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson FLSTC
I have just started having this problem too. I am trying to decide if I want to have it fixed or not. Apparently the long wait is not unusual with this problem. Maybe I will wait to the end of the warranty for the fix so my new Jeep isn’t in the back lot for weeks.

Sponsored

Jaysjeepycreepy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sahara
This just started on mine this weekend. Called dealer-they are clueless. I’m dropping it off on Thursday. Wondering how long this process will take them...

OP
OP
muskynut

muskynut

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
For me, it was diagnosed as a faulty cluster unit. Tell them to check that out first. I was told that there were 2 other computers in the Wrangler recording and were not affected in my Wrangler .
Should be a week, depending upon availability of the part. Takes a day to put it in and test. It is warranty work. You may need to leave it with them, but you should get a loaner, at no cost. I think mine was the First one as everyone was clueless, Jeep Cares got involved and it went smoothly. Get them involved.

tbill59

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi Q7; 2018 JLU Sport; 2011 Audi S4; 2014 Nissan Maxima
I'm still getting the 999999, then pops back to normal mileage. Contacted the dealership, they want to "hook it up" i guess to see what the co.puter s says. Probably will be needing a software update. The entire display is all digital, time will tell. CAN'T BELIEVE I'M THE ONLY PERSON WHO HAS BEEN HAVING THIS ISSUE. 999999 OUT.
I've had the same issue for a couple of months.

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Just noticed mine doing this for the first time over the weekend. Will have to see how often it occurs.

OP
OP
muskynut

muskynut

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It will start to happen more frequently, but will bounce back. Mine was the instrument cluster, replaced, now good.
That is what will be needed.

Sponsored

Atomic Anvil

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.atomicanvil.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mercedes Benz CLA 250 Sport
Occupation
Technology Consultant & Professional Photographer
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has now been doing this for 4 days... My dealership is clueless as well, so I am going to need to educated them on the problem. Also, they refuse to offer a loaner, and are saying they can get me a rental which I will have to cover. Not acceptable, especially with my MaxCare warranty.

OP
OP
muskynut

muskynut

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has now been doing this for 4 days... My dealership is clueless as well, so I am going to need to educated them on the problem. Also, they refuse to offer a loaner, and are saying they can get me a rental which I will have to cover. Not acceptable, especially with my MaxCare warranty.
Get Julie from Jeep Cares involved. They will help. It is warranty and a loaner is covered. Being the first one to get them involved they jumped on it. And will straighten out the attitude of the dealership, social media about them as a prod to improve their attitude.

OP
OP
muskynut

muskynut

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Get Julie from Jeep Cares involved. They will help. It is warranty and a loaner is covered. Being the first one to get them involved they jumped on it. And will straighten out the attitude of the dealership, social media about them as a prod to improve their attitude.
Go to this thread https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/carplay-problems.8024/page-3#post-311272

find send a private message, then send them your problem, list the dealership, your vin, this may help get the ball rolling in the right direction.

OP
OP
muskynut

muskynut

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Go to this thread https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/carplay-problems.8024/page-3#post-311272
Click on to the JeepCares in black, find send private message... tell them your problem, who the dealership is and your vin number, this may help get the ball rolling

Stuweeks

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Doesn’t the Jeep Wave program give you a free loaner too?
Sponsored