Sponsored

93 Octane! I like it!

ITSTHEWIFES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Wrangler Sport. 06 Toyota Matrix xrs. 13 Chevy Sonic
Man, who knew gas could stir up all this controversy............I'm cracking up reading this thread.........still love the 93..........
Really, this has turned into comedy. I wish I could get 93 here in the western states. Both my cars require premium, so there may be a day when her jeep gets premium by accident.
Sponsored

Troutster

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Sport S
Due to reading all these posts I just thought to myself that I need to be giving my car the best of the best....

That being said I gassed her up with the most expensive iced coffee I could find. My car only has 0 miles so it’s still a little early to tell but I’ve noticed it runs much smoother and with more pep due to the increased caffeine levels that I know my 3.6 most happily utilizes. I don’t need facts to tell you it runs better all I know is that I spent more to fill it so it MUST work better! DUH! :rock:

Neanderthalman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
put what you want in it, seriously it is a $3 difference on fill ups if that., I love the way mine sounds feels with 93 in it.

I have always noticed a few more miles per tank when I use 93

87 is for your friggin lawnmower
My lawnmower explicitly calls for 93. :like:

Sponsored

allieboy

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Piss and vinegar is what I’m running right now. I can definitely see improvements in throttle response and miles per gallon. Would highly recommend; plus it’s super cheap!
A pound of sugar in the tank makes it run sweeeeeeeet!

Wyle E Coyote

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I don’t know about all that mileage stuff. Guess I wasn’t thinking about it when I got this Jeep thingy. All I know for darn sure is that with 104+ Octane boost from the auto parts store, my Warn 10S 10,000lb winch can pull AND push the rope with 20,000lbs, the headlights are so bright my garage caught fire last night and my JLUR turned into chitty-chitty bang-bang and disappeared into the night sky. Filing insurance claims in the morning. Definitely recommend 87.

Sponsored

allieboy

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
If you think it helps....put in the expensive stuff.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I don't care what others feel is right or wrong, with results from 93 octane gas. I've had some in the tank, for about 1 1/2 week. The engine definitely idles smoother, and it is a little more responsive, when getting on the gas. I like it, but not worth the extra money, 24/7.

Hydroboy35th

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I don't care what others feel is right or wrong, with results from 93 octane gas. I've had some in the tank, for about 1 1/2 week. The engine definitely idles smoother, and it is a little more responsive, when getting on the gas. I like it, but not worth the extra money, 24/7.
Mine actually idles better in the morning on a cold start with 93.

BigJimSlade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Due to reading all these posts I just thought to myself that I need to be giving my car the best of the best....

That being said I gassed her up with the most expensive iced coffee I could find. My car only has 0 miles so it’s still a little early to tell but I’ve noticed it runs much smoother and with more pep due to the increased caffeine levels that I know my 3.6 most happily utilizes. I don’t need facts to tell you it runs better all I know is that I spent more to fill it so it MUST work better! DUH! :rock:
Real ballers fill up with printer ink.

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
Network Architect & Engineer
Even though it can be a waste of money at worst, any harm to the engine or performance if you fill the 3.6L with 89 or 91? I now have two Wranglers in the household - a 2.0L (which definitely gets 91) and a 3.6L for which I am thinking 89 (Silver/Mid grade) may be the best choice?
Sponsored