6 months for delivery now?

410Jeep

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon | 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Koons is one in DC, but they have a little higher doc fees. Tricity Jeep in NC gives 7% off also. There are a few more but those 2 stick out to me.
I ordered from Koons in DC/VA on 04/21/2020. FCA originally was slated to reopen production on 05/04/2020 with customer orders prioritized but it has been pushed to 05/18/2020 at the moment.

I considered waiting to order however prices have already gone up at least once if not twice in the last two months. I was looking for a very particular build and was able to get 7.5% below invoice so I opted to order and see how long it takes. I am hoping for delivery by end of June or beginning of July but am not in a rush, just excited for a new Jeep. I contacted FCA customer service on a few occasions in the last week, I have received my VIN and have been informed that inventory is ready for my build at Toledo, just awaiting production restart. Hope this helps, I know a lot is still unknown at the moment and things are changing rapidly.
Sponsored

410Jeep

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon | 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
I am searching everywhere but finding a Sarge Green Willys or Rubicon 2 dr with what I want isn’t going well.
I wanted an almost fully loaded 4 Door Rubicon in Ocean Blue with a Manual trans, nearly impossible to find sitting at a dealer, at least here on the east coast.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
It’s worth it to order: you’ll get exactly the one that you want and it’s nice to have your name on the sticker. Also, don’t believe the dealer that says you’ll wait six months. There are a handful of dealers that you can find thru this forum. Make sure you contact the individual rep this forum or reference that you found them thru here. They won’t BS with you.

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I couldn't wait. I ordered 3-23 and after a month and finding almost exactly what I ordered on a lot, I took it home.
Didn't get a deal, but I got the diesel and Sarge Green!
I'm so jealous. That's exactly what I wanted. I didn't want to wait, wasn't sure if the diesel would ever even come out... had no idea sarge green would come out. I'm really thinking of trading mine in because towing with it sucks. I guess I just need to grab a set of roadtrip wheels and not run my 38s all the time. I get about 9mpg towing on the highway, so I'm getting gas every 2-3 cities.

Oh, not telling anyone to wait on price, I don't have any input in that, but if you're waiting on a spec keep waiting on it. I think? I dont know, I'm glad I have a Jeep but 2-3 years later it's a big kick in the nuts.

LawrenceR

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Sport
I'm mostly in agreement with what is said here, it is difficult to find deals. I live in California, found the Jeep I wanted in Tampa Florida. I'm willing to do the purchase, fly out and drive home - dealer won't budge on the price. When the dealer is asking more than what I can find when I do the "Jeep Build and Price" I can't see myself paying a higher price and having to drive the +/- 2500 miles back home.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'm mostly in agreement with what is said here, it is difficult to find deals. I live in California, found the Jeep I wanted in Tampa Florida. I'm willing to do the purchase, fly out and drive home - dealer won't budge on the price. When the dealer is asking more than what I can find when I do the "Jeep Build and Price" I can't see myself paying a higher price and having to drive the +/- 2500 miles back home.
The manual recommends not to exceed 55 mph for the first 300 miles. So around Tallahassee you can kick it up. Just leave your right turn signal on until Tallahassee and everyone will think you are a senior citizen.

JeepJohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
I ordered from Koons in DC/VA on 04/21/2020. FCA originally was slated to reopen production on 05/04/2020 with customer orders prioritized but it has been pushed to 05/18/2020 at the moment.

I considered waiting to order however prices have already gone up at least once if not twice in the last two months. I was looking for a very particular build and was able to get 7.5% below invoice so I opted to order and see how long it takes. I am hoping for delivery by end of June or beginning of July but am not in a rush, just excited for a new Jeep. I contacted FCA customer service on a few occasions in the last week, I have received my VIN and have been informed that inventory is ready for my build at Toledo, just awaiting production restart. Hope this helps, I know a lot is still unknown at the moment and things are changing rapidly.
I’m at the same point as you except I have yet to receive a VIN. What date did you make your order? Thanks

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
I was told by a dealer that if I were to order now it would be about 6 months until I get the Jeep, that seems way too long. Has anyone else heard a time frame for orders now? I am thinking they want to see in stock and discourage those that want to order.
I don't believe 6 months at all ! Once everyone gets back to work Jeep will be running the Plant 24/7 filling sold orders and Dealer inventory . The 2020 run period will soon end more then likely in 4-5 weeks Jeep now has competition with Ford the new Bronco and Ford always seem to have great quality and liability .Don't get me wrong I love my jeep but FCA needs to tighten up their quality by that I mean finding better suppliers so there isn't constant recalls and service bulletins then the inconvenience of numerous trips to the Dealership and possibly your Jeep sitting for long periods From day one mine set for about 5 months but that another story and I'm not going there..

JeepJohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
I don't believe 6 months at all ! Once everyone gets back to work Jeep will be running the Plant 24/7 filling sold orders and Dealer inventory . The 2020 run period will soon end more then likely in 4-5 weeks Jeep now has competition with Ford the new Bronco and Ford always seem to have great quality and liability .Don't get me wrong I love my jeep but FCA needs to tighten up their quality by that I mean finding better suppliers so there isn't constant recalls and service bulletins then the inconvenience of numerous trips to the Dealership and possibly your Jeep sitting for long periods From day one mine set for about 5 months but that another story and I'm not going there..
I ordered mine on 4/28. Is it possible I’ll end up with a 2021 if it’s not complete by the end of the 2020 run period?

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
UAW says plants will be going slow until they are sure their workers are safe. And their contract doesn't call for 24/7 operation.

Does anyone know the acronym for Fix Or Repair Daily?

Sponsored

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
I ordered mine on 4/28. Is it possible I’ll end up with a 2021 if it’s not complete by the end of the 2020 run period?
I would say Jeep will fulfil the 2020 sold orders 1st then go into the 2021 instead of building inventory of the previous model . Working for GM I know their in talks with the suppliers so they can get up and running asap and I'm sure FCA and Ford are too !

Rubbin

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I was told by a dealer that if I were to order now it would be about 6 months until I get the Jeep, that seems way too long. Has anyone else heard a time frame for orders now? I am thinking they want to see in stock and discourage those that want to order.
I originally ordered my EcoDiesel back in December 2019 (Gilroy, CA), but the dam dealer filed bankruptcy in March. I wasted a few months waiting for my order, and found no other deals in California. All the available EcoDiesel dealerships had on the lot did not have the options I wanted. They were also marked up above sticker or selling for no less than MSRP. I also searched nation wide for one on the lot and spoken to over a dozen. Most dealerships told me orders were 6 months out and tried to sell me a different color they had on the lot.

I finally found a dealer in Utah that gave me 7% off invoice and got my Vin# 3 days after I placed my order (March 20th). Arrival date for delivery was April 22nd.
Of coarse due to the manufacturing closing my date is still pending and I will get a confirmation when the new delivery date will be. At this point of time i would expect late June for delivery and I’m no longer in a rush. At least I’ll get all the options I’m looking for. In my opinion it’s best to order what your looking for unless your ok with settling with anything, and paying $3kto $5k more that you could of put towards aftermarket parts.

I highly recommend contacting Kent from Pearson Dodge/ Chrysler who has great service and price. Mention my name Vince (Sting Gray EcoDiesel) and he’ll take good care of you. (208) 741-1289

LawrenceR

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Sport
I'm in the same boat with you. I ordered 02/17/2020 and have the Vin#, VON# and Build Code. I was told yesterday from the dealer that the factory confirmed my order and I should have it by the end of June. When I do the search I'm told the same thing "not found".
I was told that the "not found" is because they haven't started building it yet.
Sponsored