4xe taking forever....

Canada4xe

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
I ordered my Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe in August 2022 and just got a VIN last week after contacting Jeep multiple times. I am now in D status. Typically, how much longer until my Jeep gets built? I never expected a factory order to take this long. Even with supply constraints, it should not take nearly 6 months just to get a VIN.
Sponsored

PandaJL

First Name
Aly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 Door Wrangler
Unfortunately there’s really no consistency. Some people here are built in a month, and others like me are at 6 months or more. I went into D back in September but only went into production the other week. Even then, I’m at 10 days in production while others move to built in 1. There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason about it

Reactions: LKG
OP
OP
Canada4xe

Canada4xe

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fortunately, you are in the US and can track your order. Being in Canada, I have no ability to do this, other than contact the dealer. Very frustrating.

LKG

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUR (soon), Gen 2 Cummins, 22 Sport Alt. R.I.P
I ordered my Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe in August 2022 and just got a VIN last week after contacting Jeep multiple times. I am now in D status. Typically, how much longer until my Jeep gets built? I never expected a factory order to take this long. Even with supply constraints, it should not take nearly 6 months just to get a VIN.
Unfortunatley it's probably just bad luck/timing with your rig. There was a big wave of 4xE's produced the end of last year, in fact both of my local dealers got a truckload of 4xE's. You can peruse the 2023 build page and drive yourself nutty trying to figure out the rhyme/reason. Sorry, I feel your pain.

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
True. Shortest build I've seen around here for MY23 was just shy of one month. Others will wait 6 months or more. Availability of parts, build options, dealer allocations, the way they're batched on the assembly line all seem to be factors but there isn't a formula. Glad you got a VIN, OP.

Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Canadian orders take a massive amount of time to be built and delivered. It might simply be due to shipping logistics since they want to batch them up instead of shipping them remotely one by one.

There's also the possibility that there's something different about Canadian Jeeps. I have all of those details, but I haven't attempted to do that type of analysis.

OP
OP
Canada4xe

Canada4xe

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As per my dealer, there is extremely limited inventory coming to Canada, especially Western Canada. Not sure why. Doesn't matter though as mine is a factory order which, from what I understand, should take priority over dealerships? I look at the inventory though at dealerships in the USA and am extremely jealous.
Sponsored