Sponsored

4xE Order Status??

dudemind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Is that posted online somewhere? And is Ally the main leasing company for these? I have been waiting to see if they were gonna pass the $7500 along and now that I know, I may end up ordering one.
It is not posted online anywhere, because a financing company isn't required to pass along the savings. In the event that you lease, the manufacturer ends up with the tax credit. Commonly, this savings is passed on directly to the lienholder (the lender you choose, as they're the ones actually fronting the cost), and then indirectly further downstream to you. It is common for the manufacturer to approve a lower sales price (i.e., directly reducing the cap cost) to account for this. This isn't specific to any given lender, as they don't actually set the sales price. Your dealer should be able to answer whether you'd get the cap cost reduction on a lease, and the lender simply pays the dealer that amount. If your dealer can't or won't answer this question, I'd seek out a different dealer. The discount should be plainly evident in the lease terms, as long as you're not just fixating on monthly price as the salesmen typically encourage you to do.

Wait is this true? I've only read that this is for next year's tax return so you pay it now and recoup it, if eligible, next year.

But now youre saying a $67,500 4xe will be $60,000 out the door if we finance through Ally bank?
"Capitalized cost" or "cap cost" is a term specific to leases, though it's basically the same thing as vehicle sales price. It is one of the three key inputs into a lease payment; the other two are APR (more commonly translated into "money factor" for leases) and residual value (often also referred to as "buyout amount" or "purchase option"). All terms are technically negotiable, but cap cost is typically where you'll have the most wiggle room. You will not get this out-the-door when financing, but should expect to see that discount if leasing.

In a round-about way, somebody who is ineligible for the $7500 due to insufficient tax liability could theoretically obtain it anyway by 1) taking a lease with the cap cost reduction, 2) paying it off early, and then 3) buying it out. As a rough estimate, figure all your payments (including interest, you don't get to prepay and skip that), plus all up-front fees, plus buyout amount, plus all licensing fees you'd normally need to pay at end-of-lease to register in your name. It won't be exact but, as long as your lease is somewhat fairly priced, it may very likely be cheaper all-in versus buying it outright without ever getting that credit. It does mean dealing with your dealer and lender twice on the same car though.
Sponsored

hisdigness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4xe Sahara
It is for leasing. Ally is one of the banks FCA uses to do leases with and I called Ally to ask. The current program is for the 4XE and the 7500 gets passed to the customer as a cap cost reduction. Meaning they put the 7500 down for you towards your lease. Which is friggin great for those of us that are leasing.

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
I can't believe I forgot to tell you guys this....NO WINDOW STICKER!!! Salesman said NONE of the four 4xes he got in had window stickers. He said he believes they are being reprinted with the new MPG info. He said he will mail it to me when it comes in.

Shasta_Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ, F150 Rubicon 4xe
I can't believe I forgot to tell you guys this....NO WINDOW STICKER!!! Salesman said NONE of the four 4xes he got in had window stickers. He said he believes they are being reprinted with the new MPG info. He said he will mail it to me when it comes in.
Did your sticker show up on Crypto? Mine still does not show a sticker. Hoping this week it shows up.

Sponsored

jdeolivares

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
I didn't have a chance to take many pics since I didn't bring it home and the service department was about to close but here is what I got. I will be happy to take special requests for pics when I get it home Monday afternoon.

20210403_134411.jpg

20210403_134358.jpg

20210403_134344.jpg

20210403_153738.jpg
Wow! The black with the blue highlights and the grey bumpers and interior just looks amazing.

jdeolivares

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
I'm getting depressed watching all these people get their 4xe's that they ordered last month and here I am who order in November 2020 and still no sign of it!
I’m in the same boat. I ordered Nov 13 from dealership in Idaho. Dealership told me it is in transit last week but no eTA.

Newbie 4xe

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
Thats odd. Mine had the sticker.

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Yup, awhile back in the thread when stickers first I appeared I had mentioned not to try to read too much into the sticker timing since my 2018 arrived at the dealer before a sticker was found.

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Shane, I ordered on 12/1, so it was four month wait for me. My dealer said he has another order from November that wasn't in yet either. So odd how mine jumped ahead of the November orders! That really sucks!

Steve, yes, my sticker showed up on Crypto. That makes it even more weird right? Did your sticker show the updated MPG of 49 instead of 50?

I can't wait to get the blue tow hooks on it. I really thought I wouldn't like it and was at first happy they were going to be black on the Sahara, but its a must have for me now after seeing the other blue accents. Plus we need to let everyone know that we are driving an electric Jeep!!!

One very noticeable thing in the 2 minute test drive I had yesterday, there is INSTANT response on the "gas" pedal when you are in electric mode. Its VERY noticeable for the first time in my life driving an electric car. It caught me off guard a bit and I was like Whoa...hold up...we are just in the parking lot! It was just instant power.

I also LOVE the black wheels. I was bitching about that at first too.

Last edited:

Sponsored

KarlN

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited 4XE
Occupation
Retired
Did your sticker show up on Crypto? Mine still does not show a sticker. Hoping this week it shows up.
Mine is a couple weeks out but I have the window sticker on Crypto

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
Mine is a couple weeks out but I have the window sticker on Crypto
Mine's in transit. I printed the windows sticker from Crypto on 11x17 paper, so I will have it even if they're not one in the Jeep.

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
I just did that too! So glad I upgraded my printer recently to print that size!