Sponsored

4xE Order Status??

hisdigness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4xe Sahara
Dealer says new ship date is 04/02. Bummer but at least it's something.
Sponsored

KarlN

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited 4XE
Occupation
Retired
Yep, BOTH units the dealer ordered for me show shipping dates of 3/31 and 4/2. Both have the status of shipped to storage now:( I guess I joined that club!

Jeep4xe

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Y
Who knows how they will start shipping from first to last build dates or from last build dates .
Mine was build in Feb ...

hisdigness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4xe Sahara
Who knows how they will start shipping from first to last build dates or from last build dates .
Mine was build in Feb ...
Hard to say but depending on how the storage lot is setup it could very well be last in first out.

BTA

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru legacy
Hard to say but depending on how the storage lot is setup it could very well be last in first out.
from a CSAT perspective i'd hope and think they'd have the foresight to station the first builds in a place where they would be delivered first. hard to tell customers that the doofus who ordered the beginning of march (me) is getting his before everyone waiting since December.

That said I confirmed mine hasn't been built yet, but I can wait.

Sponsored

hisdigness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4xe Sahara
Yeah I have no wish to jump in front of the December folks either. Hopefully they do it correctly.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
My guess is these will be a priority and get spots on the rail that otherwise may have went to other builds. In other words, I think you will see a lot of them shipped very quickly. I'd guess they are or have been working with their rail company to get the maxed shipped. We will see.

Last edited:

hisdigness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4xe Sahara
My guess is these will be a priority and get spots on the rail that otherwise may have went to other builds. In other words, I think you will see a lot of them shipped very quickly. I'd guess they are or have been working with there rail company to get the maxed shipped. We will see.
Hopefully sooner than the current estimates but won't know till folks start getting stickers.

TDangelo1219

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4Xe
I did something shameful... Canceled my first order and placed an entirely new one. Mine was one of the first built (Jan 14), and the idea of my traction battery being stored (probably depleted by now) in a storage lot for over two months of Ohio winter just didn't sit well with me. Add to that the fact that the black hardtop became available after mine was already built, and I had to make the call that I simply didn't want the first one and needed to try again.

Won't get into a debate on optimal vs bad-but-not-a-big-deal storage conditions, just suffice to say that I'm really OCD about battery care/maintenance, and this wait time pushed well outside of my comfort zone.

Sort of banking on the truthfulness of the "end of March" timeframe here. Otherwise maybe I'm making the exact same mistake again. Did manage to get a much better deal on the second one though, so it made sense either way.
The same thing happened with my Pacifica. It sat in storage for 5 months before they launched them. It was built in early January and delivered early May in 2017. I haven’t had any issues with the battery in 4 years. They’ll be fine.
Come on....that was a good line to use to get the black top you really wanted!! Good move to get it the way you want!😉

TDangelo1219

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4Xe
The battery doesn't charge with regular driving, only when coasting and braking. While driving using the gas engine the battery doesn't charge.
Not exactly true. There is a setting to use the engine to charge the battery while driving in e save mode. It’s just not efficient to do so. My Volvo has that feature and it gets horrible mileage when I did that. I won’t use it much on the 4Xe.

Sponsored

AmarilloJLU

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon on order
Just got an update from my sales rep that my estimated ship date has been moved again from 3/28 to 3/30.

Jamie Brown

First Name
Jamie Brown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC 3500AT4, Nissan Leaf, RAM 4500
My salesman said that mine moved from inspection to storage today. It was in inspection for 1 month.

Bren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Granite Crystal Rubicon 4XE
49 is it's MPGe. MPGe is calculated with a formula, it is NOT the combined mpg. basically it accounts for typical driving habits and assumes you fully charge the battery every night. (very poor explanation, but there are a lot of sites that explain it better)
Just to add some color here, specifically, MPGe is the measure of how many miles are travelled per 33.7 kilowatt-hours (kWh), which is the amount of equivalent energy contained in a single gallon of gasoline.

It is a metric developed specifically the measure an electrified vehicle against a gas vehicle, so it IS sort of a combined MPG with a couple of big caveats. The first being that, as you say, you charge the battery not just every night, but every tank of fuel. This is measuring combined efficiency of one tank. Second, it's an average built upon an average, so it's another degree disconnected from MPG reality and less useful beyond window sticker comparisons.

gman123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo V60, Volvo S60, Ordered 4XE Sahara
I’m resubmitting my 4xe build. I’m between Red and Sting grey, and advanced safety or front camera? Any options appreciated!

bondijoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe - Sarge Green
I’m resubmitting my 4xe build. I’m between Red and Sting grey, and advanced safety or front camera? Any options appreciated!
Similar debate. Love the red (and my son still wants it) but not sure I can pull it off for work / clients. I'm leaning Sarge and both packages. I know some have had issues with Advanced Safety, but given the craziness on NJ/Philly roads I'll take all the help I can get. Front camera seems useful for everything from trails to parallel parking.
Sponsored