Not open for further replies.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
@JeepViking13 I am def not disagreeing about the V8s being toast. They are toast, rye, sourdough, pumpernickel, buttered toast. I am just saying that turbo i6 land is not as happy as V8 land. Rock candy mountain V8 land. Where my 392 is not an engine in it’s 1st run. It was first introduced in 2010…. Give me a final run engine over a first run any day!
☹ Final run, as true as it is depressing! There will be no comeback as there was from 1972, final and forever. Sad indeed for this old gear head!
Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
If they don't pass the strict emissions they won't be. Won't matter the Market. I promise you Dodge does not want to get rid of the Hellcat being that the Market is pretty stout for it. But they have too. The Hurricane Turbo V6 will be replacing that and a variation of it will be replacing the 392.

I also think the new Challenger variant V6 Turbo will be electric assisted. Most likely a power Hybrid. Also these engines will be a lot lighter then the old school V8s and make more power. There will be no reason to make gas guzzling V8s. Except for sound that's it. At that point the Auto makers will basically tell people shove your sound the Government is hitting our pockets too hard.

Look at the Jeeps 2.0T right now. With just a tune it makes the power of a small V8 and gets mid 20s mpgs. 20+ years ago who would have thought a 4 cylinder would be making the power of a V8? Not many. And the lighter front end is a huge advantage in performance and handling. People forget about that part.
The 2jz was introduced in 1991, it's only taken jeep 30+ years to figure out the potential of Turbo charging a straight 6. All they had to do was Turbo the 4.0L and the JK would have been perfect.

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
The 2jz was introduced in 1991, it's only taken jeep 30+ years to figure out the potential of Turbo charging a straight 6. All they had to do was Turbo the 4.0L and the JK would have been perfect.
I guess better late then never. Hopefully it turns out to be a good reliable engine. I'll rock my new 2.0T for awhile when I get it until the new engines are out for at least 3 years plus and see how they shake out.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
I think Jeep probably just built the allocation of 392 XR, and based on commodities/supply chain, they are done for the year (for orders). They'll start orders again in October and we'll see them cranking out 2023 in December. No worries, and since CAFE standards haven't changed, they'll crank them out until they can't make it profitable.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.