Status
Not open for further replies.

WatchTimes

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LX470 but getting another Jeep VERY SOON!
Are they really ending the XtremeRecon?
I read this the other day in another forum and a few members said their dealers are unable to order them.
Anyone know why?
Sponsored

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
From some folks at Jeep's posts in the 392 FB groups, they've sold as many 22s with XR as they are going to. If it's available on the 23 is TBD.

OP
OP

WatchTimes

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LX470 but getting another Jeep VERY SOON!
Thank you, not what I hoped for!
I had an 08 JK Wrangler Rubicon UL with a 2.5 in OME lift AEV Pintlers in argent, sliders and front and rear bumpers.
Sold it in 2013 as someone at a gas station made me an amazing offer so I bought a 08 LX470 and took over a M3 lease.
Sold the LX to buy my dream car in 2018 a 18 G63 (before they changed it)
I can sell the G for a little more than I paid for it, feel its too nice for some of the stuff I do and have debated the Defender 110 V8 (too many electrical gremlins) the Durango Hellcat (sold out) and the 392 Xtreme. Yeah I know I can duplicate it aftermarket but liked it was all factory and under warranty. I guess Ill just wait and see what happens with the 2023
Thanks guys!

stumblinhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
@WatchTimes you just have to decide what you want the XR for…. If it is just 35s then buy a 392 and install 35s. No difference in lift between the 2, 35s fit fine and the 392 will have more articulation then the 392XR, since they added more bump stop to the XR. 4.56 is a perfect ratio for 37s-39s…. 3.73 is perfect for 33s-35s. IMHO the rest of the stuff is a wash or can be added later. And if you are going 37s+ you are gonna have to lift it anyway…

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
@WatchTimes you just have to decide what you want the XR for…. If it is just 35s then buy a 392 and install 35s. No difference in lift between the 2, 35s fit fine and the 392 will have more articulation then the 392XR, since they added more bump stop to the XR. 4.56 is a perfect ratio for 37s-39s…. 3.73 is perfect for 33s-35s. IMHO the rest of the stuff is a wash or can be added later. And if you are going 37s+ you are gonna have to lift it anyway…
Agreed, For the price of the package you are better off getting your own wheels and tires that you want.

Sponsored

Rosco P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless at the moment.
I've had both the regular 392 and now the XR. The regular with the 3.73s was great with the 33's but with 35s on it was somewhat sluggish even with the pro cal. It would lug around and drive like a Ram 1500. On the interstate it would frequently drop into 7th while cruising. I do not agree that 3.73s were great with 35s. It wasn't terrible but definitely not ideal. The 4.56s are just right with 35s. It behaves less like a Ram 1500 anyway, doesn't drop down to 7th on the interstate, and always seems to be in the right gear. It's all subjective but it drives like I wanted the 392 to drive like in the first place. Definitely the only reason I got the package.

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
4.56 Gears are a bigger deal then you think. Bottom line is they are doing away with the Xtreme Recon package for the 392 because Stellantis is doing away with the 392 as well. All Auto makers are moving away from V8s and concentrating on Fuel efficient turbo engines and electric engines. V8s will be a thing of the past. Especially in this new environment we are in where gas is $5.00 a gallon.

All the XR packages for the most part are going to the new Willys XR and High tide edition right now.

stumblinhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
I guess it is what you are used to. My jkur with 4.10s and 34s was a dog. Even at my altitude 392 on 35s works just great. I don’t drag race, we only have 1 stop light here anyway. I have no problem staying in 8th. And slam to the limiter in 15 seconds or so.

Last edited:

MerlinsGarage

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21RUB392, 97Vipr,14Porsc 911,06Ford GT,64Vette etc
JViking, did you ever get a 392? I know you were banking on a low-option model, but not only is that not going to happen but the 392 itself is going to be eliminated shortly. Git-r-dun.

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
JViking, did you ever get a 392? I know you were banking on a low-option model, but not only is that not going to happen but the 392 itself is going to be eliminated shortly. Git-r-dun.
Nope i decided against it. I wanted something more fuel efficient in this new crazy environment we are in with gas prices being $5.00 a gallon. I had the 392 in my Scat Pack Challenger and that thing drank the fuel especially when you have a lead foot.

So just this week I ordered a 2022 Willys Extreme Recon with the 2.0T in Gobi.. The 2.0T gets great fuel economy plenty of power and gives the Jeep a nice light front end which is great for off roading. Plus simple tune gives it tons of power.

Sponsored

3924me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 XR
with the bronco raptor coming out no way fca discontinuing the 392. No way

Monster1926

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Silverado 2500HD midnight
Cafe standards dictates what they do. They’ve already announced the SC 6.2 is done. The 392 will be right behind it.

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Yep they are!! Along with all the other V8s. Basically the Government is imposing strict rules and regulations on the Auto makers( like sanctions). It's becoming impossible for the V8s to even pass the emissions laws not to mention the fines Auto makers get for every V8 which gets passed onto the consumer as the gas guzzler tax.

Very soon V8s will be a thing of the past and looked at like dinosaurs. On the bright side these new Turbo engines make pretty good power especially with a Tune. And make the front end a whole hell of alot lighter. And the better fuel economy is icing on the cake. If you're a die hard V8 fan you'll just have to rewire your brain and look at the bright side of the things ahead or you'll go nuts. Lol..

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
<<snip>>
All Auto makers are moving away from V8s and concentrating on Fuel efficient turbo engines and electric engines. V8s will be a thing of the past. Especially in this new environment we are in where gas is $5.00 a gallon.
<<snip>>
The demise of the gas guzzling V8s has been predicted several times since the 1970s gas crisis, most recently in 2008/9 when gas prices soared the last time, but Americans love their horsepower AND the roar of the V8.

In early 2009, RV sales were dead and car dealers in our area had sandwich boards in front of dealerships that said “not accepting large SUVs in trade”. Six years later RVs, SUVs, and horsepower were selling better than ever.

Gas prices will drop if we restore American production. They’ll drop more if we open an additional pipeline and additional transfer ports, like the one attempted in Coos Bay, Oregon… Even if none of that happens, V8s will continue to sell, just as they continue to sell in Japan and Europe where tariffs, punitive taxes, fuel prices, and other disincentives severely punish people who buy them.

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
The demise of the gas guzzling V8s has been predicted several times since the 1970s gas crisis, most recently in 2008/9 when gas prices soared the last time, but Americans love their horsepower AND the roar of the V8.

In early 2009, RV sales were dead and car dealers in our area had sandwich boards in front of dealerships that said “not accepting large SUVs in trade”. Six years later RVs, SUVs, and horsepower were selling better than ever.

Gas prices will drop if we restore American production. They’ll drop more if we open an additional pipeline and additional transfer ports, like the one attempted in Coos Bay, Oregon… Even if none of that happens, V8s will continue to sell, just as they continue to sell in Japan and Europe where tariffs, punitive taxes, fuel prices, and other disincentives severely punish people who buy them.
These new laws have nothing to do with the current gas prices. They where put in place before this crisis. The Government is forcing Auto makers to move towards more clean and greener engines with reduced emissions. Turbo engines and electric. Has to do with the environment this time. And the Government is not messing around. As soon as the laws where set in place within months Stellantis abruptly announced the demise of its Hellcat platform. Trust me Dodge does not want to move away from that platform. But they have no choice. Now all of a sudden in their performance campaign they want to pretend they are moving in a different direction because of performance. 🤣 Yeah ok. Meanwhile the entire MOPAR fan base is losing their minds. Don't shoot the messenger I'm just stating the unfortunate truth.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.