First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
AML Investigator
I am lifting, whenever the lift gets in stock...I'm putting 35's on...whenever the wheels and tires get in stock. This has been my hell for the last 2 months.

Anyhoos....I have a 2018 Sahara. when I put the 35's on, i figure it'll weigh...~100lbs. I know I will need a relocation bracket. Will i also need hinge reinforcement? What about the bump stops?

If i need hinge reinforcement, what one would you recommend? I see RC and Mopar have one that is also a relocation bracket, but I'm struggling at how they are reinforcement the hinges.
Sponsored

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
I am lifting, whenever the lift gets in stock...I'm putting 35's on...whenever the wheels and tires get in stock. This has been my hell for the last 2 months.

Anyhoos....I have a 2018 Sahara. when I put the 35's on, i figure it'll weigh...~100lbs. I know I will need a relocation bracket. Will i also need hinge reinforcement? What about the bump stops?

If i need hinge reinforcement, what one would you recommend? I see RC and Mopar have one that is also a relocation bracket, but I'm struggling at how they are reinforcement the hinges.
I run a black rhino Barstow and Toyo open country 35” tire. I use the RC relocation bracket and extended the spare tire bump stops so it is tight against the tire. No issues for the past 1 1/2 years running it this way. I wheel it regularly at Raush and AOAA as well as my kids hockey stuff constantly going in the cargo area. Haven’t had any issues with sagging or misalignment as of yet.

OP
OP
Pdiehm

Pdiehm

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
AML Investigator
I run a black rhino Barstow and Toyo open country 35” tire. I use the RC relocation bracket and extended the spare tire bump stops so it is tight against the tire. No issues for the past 1 1/2 years running it this way. I wheel it regularly at Raush and AOAA as well as my kids hockey stuff constantly going in the cargo area. Haven’t had any issues with sagging or misalignment as of yet.
So your tire is probably in the 110-120 range. that's what I'm figuring mine planned wheels and tires to be (probably not, but planning for worst case scenario.

did you buy extended bump stops? Or how did you extend them?

$70 is a lot easier to swallow than $500 fo sho

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Pdiehm

Pdiehm

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
AML Investigator
re-visiting this.

I know I'm going to need a spare tire relocation bracket whether it be RC or Smitty..going to need one. Question is, for tailgate reinforcement, I see there's a mopar one (it's also egregiously overpriced but I digress)...but it doesn't really support the hinges. Is that a legitimate concern?

Essentially, I am figuring my new spare will be about 110 lbs. Using the mopar tailgate reinforcment as an example, would that be sufficient enough to support the swinging or would I need something to support hinges as well?

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
re-visiting this.

I know I'm going to need a spare tire relocation bracket whether it be RC or Smitty..going to need one. Question is, for tailgate reinforcement, I see there's a mopar one (it's also egregiously overpriced but I digress)...but it doesn't really support the hinges. Is that a legitimate concern?

Essentially, I am figuring my new spare will be about 110 lbs. Using the mopar tailgate reinforcment as an example, would that be sufficient enough to support the swinging or would I need something to support hinges as well?
With a 35” tire it’s not an issue to get the reinforcement. I don’t run any kind of reinforcement just the relocation bracket and extended bump stops. Most people on these forums have done the same thing. There are a few who will say you definitely need the reinforcement but it’s not many. There is a vast majority of us on here that have been fine running no reinforcement. Look through the threads and you’ll understand. If you go above a 35” tire that is a different story. I would definitely get some type of reinforcement them.

OP
OP
Pdiehm

Pdiehm

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
AML Investigator
With a 35” tire it’s not an issue to get the reinforcement. I don’t run any kind of reinforcement just the relocation bracket and extended bump stops. Most people on these forums have done the same thing. There are a few who will say you definitely need the reinforcement but it’s not many. There is a vast majority of us on here that have been fine running no reinforcement. Look through the threads and you’ll understand. If you go above a 35” tire that is a different story. I would definitely get some type of reinforcement them.
thanks. I wasn’t sure if I also needed to support the hinges. Will read up just to out my mind at ease.

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I was also in the same boat. I got a deal on a used Mopar bracket to put my mind at ease for my future 285/75/18 tires and aftermarket wheels. I will probably be in the same 100 lb range.

Before I jumped on the mopar kit, I was really intrigued by the RR and Smitty systems. I actually just ran across this Redrock 4x4 bracket today. Not bad at less than $100.

Jeep Wrangler JL 35" tire questions Redrock 4x4 tailgate.JPG

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper

Do you think 2 months is a long wait time? my offroad trailer has currently a lead time of 15 months. Crazy. The only reason I went for it was because I just had a baby and I am not camping for about 12 months. It is kind of absurd though. Oh and I had to pay almost 50% of the total price to get a spot on the build waitlist.

OP
OP
Pdiehm

Pdiehm

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
AML Investigator
Do you think 2 months is a long wait time? my offroad trailer has currently a lead time of 15 months. Crazy. The only reason I went for it was because I just had a baby and I am not camping for about 12 months. It is kind of absurd though. Oh and I had to pay almost 50% of the total price to get a spot on the build waitlist.
i definitely didn't expect to be waiting 2 months, but i also never expected to get a vroom quote for $42870 to buy my jeep either.
Sponsored