3 oil changes for $99

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Also, it’s limited to 5 quarts only. That’s a good way to keep them from overfilling it. :LOL:
I bought 3 of these a few months ago (using FCA card rewards) for a Wrangler, a Cherokee and a Renegade. I asked my service advisor about the 5 quart limit and he said they will always put in the required amount of oil, regardless of what is stated in the offer.
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I bought 3 of these a few months ago (using FCA card rewards) for a Wrangler, a Cherokee and a Renegade. I asked my service advisor about the 5 quart limit and he said they will always put in the required amount of oil, regardless of what is stated in the offer.
Dang. I thought it might be overfill insurance. Or if they put in 6 you’d know because they’d ask for more money alerting you to the error. Oh well. The dealership that I’ve used so far has only put in 5.

OP
OP

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Tire rotation isn't included with the 3 for $99 offer. Your dealer might do it anyway.
Your are correct, my dealer does it for free, I am one of the few so it seems that has a good dealer and good service except for the overfill in air pressure in the tires, LOL!!!

OP
OP

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
and its Nitro air that they provide for the duration of the 3 year 36k warranty period...

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer

They must hate diesel owners. $90 engine oil filter (MSRP) + 9 quarts of synthetic oil.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Dealers buy the oil by the drum so I dont think it matters much as they get a big discount buying bulk. The tech at my dealer has two containers that they fill with oil, one is labeled JK the other JL and they fill that container that will only hold 5 quarts of oil for the JL, so greatly reduces the chance of too much oil in, unless the Tech does not know the difference looking at a JL vs JK, lOL!!!

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Dealers buy the oil by the drum so I dont think it matters much as they get a big discount buying bulk. The tech at my dealer has two containers that they fill with oil, one is labeled JK the other JL and they fill that container that will only hold 5 quarts of oil for the JL, so greatly reduces the chance of too much oil in, unless the Tech does not know the difference looking at a JL vs JK, lOL!!!
Bulk oil is typically dispensed by metered pneumatic pumps. Pumping into a 5qt container then pouring into the vehicle is only going to result in wasted time and spilled fluids.

OP
OP

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Bulk oil is typically dispensed by metered pneumatic pumps. Pumping into a 5qt container then pouring into the vehicle is only going to result in wasted time and spilled fluids.
Interesting, I didn't see that, he basically pumped a handle on a big oil tank and then used a handle with a squeeze arm to fill the container, when he released the handle the flow stopped, then he used a funnel to fill the engine with oil, I didn't see him spill a drop of oil...

coldstart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps are shit. Like their owners.
Occupation
Space Cadet
Ugh. I just pay as I go or DIY.

These deals are nothing more than to get you in the door for $200 cabin filter changes, $660 diff fluid changes or $150 air filter changes.

I'd have no problem letting the dealer do work if they charged a fair price for honest work. $33 is a bit low per oil change, but the rest are absurd.

Sponsored

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
Ugh. I just pay as I go or DIY.

These deals are nothing more than to get you in the door for $200 cabin filter changes, $660 diff fluid changes or $150 air filter changes.

I'd have no problem letting the dealer do work if they charged a fair price for honest work. $33 is a bit low per oil change, but the rest are absurd.
But you don't HAVE to accept those other services.

My wife used to take her JK in 3x per year for oil changes because it came with free lifetime oil changes from that dealer. We both knew the main reason they offered it was to get customers back so they could up-sell them on other non-free maintenance.

One time, they gave her a list of over $900 worth of recommended services. She politely declined, knowing the game they played. She still took it there for the free oil changes and I guess they learned that she wasn't going to bite on the other things so they stopped asking.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
I take my F250 in to the dealer to have the oil changed, I don't own and don't necessarily want to own an oil pan large enough to catch the oil coming out of that thing. It's not a bad deal with that amount of oil and the tire rotation, so I let it slide.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I take my F250 in to the dealer to have the oil changed, I don't own and don't necessarily want to own an oil pan large enough to catch the oil coming out of that thing. It's not a bad deal with that amount of oil and the tire rotation, so I let it slide.
Out of curiosity, how much does it usually run to get the oil changed on that? Do you use the 10w30 or 15w40?

OP
OP

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD

My wife used to take her JK in 3x per year for oil changes because it came with free lifetime oil changes from that dealer. We both knew the main reason they offered it was to get customers back so they could up-sell them on other non-free maintenance.

One time, they gave her a list of over $900 worth of recommended services. She politely declined, knowing the game they played. She still took it there for the free oil changes and I guess they learned that she wasn't going to bite on the other things so they stopped asking.
that is correct, my dealer has an oil quick change lane (2 lanes) and all they do is oil changes and tire rotations no appointment required. So I am in and out in less then 1 hour...

coldstart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps are shit. Like their owners.
Occupation
Space Cadet

Most people don't decline or even know the game being played. :( The dealer wouldn't play the game if they didn't win. I don't like dishonest people or tactics. I distrust dealers so much, I wouldn't put it past them to break something in order to get you in for a more costly repair. I won't afford "free".

My ancestors are the ones who started the whole dealership game too.. led to the first automobile dealership.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winton_Motor_Carriage_Company
Sponsored