Sponsored

2024+ 4 Door Confirmed Fit Overhead Molle Panels?

XJConvert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JLUW; 23 DR650; 89 TW200
Hey all!

So, it appears the curse of the 24 is there are a ton of 'JLU' products that almost fit (mostly related to soundbar and rear wheel well changes), and most vendors that list '18+', 'JLU', '18-23', or even '18-24' may not have tested fit on the 24s yet and/or have not updated their product listing to specify yes/no on the 24s (and to be clear, I understand this takes time, but would be nice if they at least put 18-XX for years they have tested...). Some products labeled '18-23' fit on the 24, but at least kudos to the vendor for not updating that listing with 18-24 until they've personally confirmed it. I'm kinda surprised how few seem to have updated products for the 24, but this is also the earliest I've ever bought a vehicle into a release cycle / post refresh, so I don't really have any previous experience to compare with. It does also seem that some vendors are not aware that some small but breaking design changes have been made.

Aaaaanyway, I'm really looking for overhead molle panels that run front to back, for both the front and back if possible, but will take either to get started.

I'm relatively certain that most rear overhead panels that were designed on the 18-23 platform won't fit on the 24+, since the soundbar 'lip' has changed. I've at least tested the molle-platform-solutions rack, and it does not fit. Through contact with the vendor, it does seem like he plans to update the design after learning of the difference, though of course I can't speak on his behalf.

I do not know if there have been significant changes to the front / above the rear view mirror area.

I'm confident in avoiding any rear overhead panels that aren't explicitly listed as supporting the 24 at this point.

For the front I'd also like to avoid buying a handful of overhead front panels just to see if any fit. I've been looking at jcr, molle platform solutions, and a few others.

This became more long-winded than it needed to be, sorry; so...

TL;DR Any 2024+ confirmed fit front or rear longitudinally mounted overhead molle panels?

Thanks!
Sponsored

puda

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Unlimited Willy, 2018 H-D Road Glide Special
Occupation
Industrial Automation
Hey all!

So, it appears the curse of the 24 is there are a ton of 'JLU' products that almost fit (mostly related to soundbar and rear wheel well changes), and most vendors that list '18+', 'JLU', '18-23', or even '18-24' may not have tested fit on the 24s yet and/or have not updated their product listing to specify yes/no on the 24s (and to be clear, I understand this takes time, but would be nice if they at least put 18-XX for years they have tested...). Some products labeled '18-23' fit on the 24, but at least kudos to the vendor for not updating that listing with 18-24 until they've personally confirmed it. I'm kinda surprised how few seem to have updated products for the 24, but this is also the earliest I've ever bought a vehicle into a release cycle / post refresh, so I don't really have any previous experience to compare with. It does also seem that some vendors are not aware that some small but breaking design changes have been made.

Aaaaanyway, I'm really looking for overhead molle panels that run front to back, for both the front and back if possible, but will take either to get started.

I'm relatively certain that most rear overhead panels that were designed on the 18-23 platform won't fit on the 24+, since the soundbar 'lip' has changed. I've at least tested the molle-platform-solutions rack, and it does not fit. Through contact with the vendor, it does seem like he plans to update the design after learning of the difference, though of course I can't speak on his behalf.

I do not know if there have been significant changes to the front / above the rear view mirror area.

I'm confident in avoiding any rear overhead panels that aren't explicitly listed as supporting the 24 at this point.

For the front I'd also like to avoid buying a handful of overhead front panels just to see if any fit. I've been looking at jcr, molle platform solutions, and a few others.

This became more long-winded than it needed to be, sorry; so...

TL;DR Any 2024+ confirmed fit front or rear longitudinally mounted overhead molle panels?

Thanks!

Any luck? I'm in the same boat learning about all the little nuances of the '24 but I'd like to get some overhead molle.

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
I'm guessing the only true fit is to deploy the air bags to check what in the path becomes a projectile, or interfere with it's intended operation.

Sponsored

puda

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Industrial Automation
Iā€™d hit up AAL and ask them if they have tested theirs in a 24. I currently have their molle shelf in the front and itā€™s a great mod. If it will work for your ā€˜24 thatā€™s what Iā€™d get, were I you.

https://americanadventurelab.com/product/jt-overhead-molle-shelf/
Thanks for the reply. I actually have the AAL platform, shelf, and fridge slide. I have been happy with AAL for the most part, but they do fall into the category of "haven't tested on 24s" so I would be hesitant to go with any of their stuff that is anywhere near the sport bar or rear end.

For example, on the 24s the shelf requires hacking up the plastic trim on the sport bar to get it to fit (carefully to avoid the wiring under the trim on the passenger side). They are also quite proud of the tolerances on the shelf mounting bracket holes, claiming it is the reason for the strength. You can throw this out the window when you have to enlarge the holes for the 24s because there is a 2 mm difference.

The AAL remote compressor bracket does not work with the 24s, period. There is now a metal bracket where the shelf is supposed to fit.

I think AAL has a decent product, but they definitely fall into the category of haven't tested all of their products on the 2024 model. Likely due to all the new products they are coming out with, but I would caution anyone to call first to get confirmation on the 2024 fitment.

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

Thanks for the reply. I actually have the AAL platform, shelf, and fridge slide. I have been happy with AAL for the most part, but they do fall into the category of "haven't tested on 24s" so I would be hesitant to go with any of their stuff that is anywhere near the sport bar or rear end.

For example, on the 24s the shelf requires hacking up the plastic trim on the sport bar to get it to fit (carefully to avoid the wiring under the trim on the passenger side). They are also quite proud of the tolerances on the shelf mounting bracket holes, claiming it is the reason for the strength. You can throw this out the window when you have to enlarge the holes for the 24s because there is a 2 mm difference.

The AAL remote compressor bracket does not work with the 24s, period. There is now a metal bracket where the shelf is supposed to fit.

I think AAL has a decent product, but they definitely fall into the category of haven't tested all of their products on the 2024 model. Likely due to all the new products they are coming out with, but I would caution anyone to call first to get confirmation on the 2024 fitment.
Well that stinks. Hopefully they get a ā€˜24 in for development. I know they have been going full throttle on coming out with new stuff so itā€™s probably on radar.

puda

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Industrial Automation
Well that stinks. Hopefully they get a ā€˜24 in for development. I know they have been going full throttle on coming out with new stuff so itā€™s probably on radar.
Yeah, hopefully.

As long as we're talking AAL and overhead molle, does anyone on here have the AAL overhead molle? I'm curious what real world reviews are, it seemed to me it may be a little intrusive in front of you. I'm 6'0" so the speaker surround behind me is already a little tight, I'm curious if anyone can speak to if it is annoying?

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

Iā€™m 5ā€™11ā€ and I have zero issues with it. I love it.

IMG_7182.jpeg

IMG_7183.jpeg

puda

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Industrial Automation
Iā€™m 5ā€™11ā€ and I have zero issues with it. I love it.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2024+ 4 Door Confirmed Fit Overhead Molle Panels? IMG_7183

Jeep Wrangler JL 2024+ 4 Door Confirmed Fit Overhead Molle Panels? IMG_7183
Nice! That looks a lot more tucked up in these pictures than on their website. You mind measuring how far from the shelf to the hardtop. That looks to be the answer after seeing these pictures! Thanks for posting.

Sponsored

dstevens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLURX

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

Nice! That looks a lot more tucked up in these pictures than on their website. You mind measuring how far from the shelf to the hardtop. That looks to be the answer after seeing these pictures! Thanks for posting.
Best way I can describe it is it uses the same mounting holes as the factory grab handles do. It sits on top of the sport cage, with the bottom side being in line with the top of the cage. So if you were to lay a piece of plywood or a 2x4 across the top of the cage it would be similar to that. I can get that measurement for you, sorry I didnā€™t respond earlier yesterday I got smacked with a cold that came on out of nowhere.

PhillyVanilly

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
What do yall use those molle racks for? I see radios but having a hard time thinking of much more that really makes it worth it inside.

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

What do yall use those molle racks for? I see radios but having a hard time thinking of much more that really makes it worth it inside.
All depends on your use case. I donā€™t think itā€™s for everyone, but I personally find it very useful. I keep a sunglasses pouch on my side, will be adding one to my wifeā€™s, my switch panel mounted up nicely on it and is out of the way. I use 5.11 pouches for my Leatherman, handheld radios when we use them, my wife keeps her phone in one, I have an Element extinguisher for quick response until I can deploy the real extinguisher I also have, I stash a pair of gloves and a beanie on top between the rack and my Jtops sun shade, and also opted to use AALā€™s overhead lighting made for it as well to add red colored map lights since the rear mounted dome lights suck for illuminating the front of the cab.

I didnā€™t opt to mount my radio up there because I had a roof mounted unit in my XJ and the mic cord swinging around bugged the hell out of me, even with it being on a bungee. I donā€™t like gear moving around, I lash everything down. I also am used to having my radio handset down in front of me because of my job, so itā€™s a natural motion.

I donā€™t plan on loading up the overhead rack with a bunch of crap just for the sake of it. Iā€™m trying to keep it relegated to convenience usage for stuff I like having at hand immediately.

IMG_7198.jpeg

IMG_7196.jpeg

PhillyVanilly

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
All depends on your use case. I donā€™t think itā€™s for everyone, but I personally find it very useful. I keep a sunglasses pouch on my side, will be adding one to my wifeā€™s, my switch panel mounted up nicely on it and is out of the way. I use 5.11 pouches for my Leatherman, handheld radios when we use them, my wife keeps her phone in one, I have an Element extinguisher for quick response until I can deploy the real extinguisher I also have, I stash a pair of gloves and a beanie on top between the rack and my Jtops sun shade, and also opted to use AALā€™s overhead lighting made for it as well to add red colored map lights since the rear mounted dome lights suck for illuminating the front of the cab.

I didnā€™t opt to mount my radio up there because I had a roof mounted unit in my XJ and the mic cord swinging around bugged the hell out of me, even with it being on a bungee. I donā€™t like gear moving around, I lash everything down. I also am used to having my radio handset down in front of me because of my job, so itā€™s a natural motion.

I donā€™t plan on loading up the overhead rack with a bunch of crap just for the sake of it. Iā€™m trying to keep it relegated to convenience usage for stuff I like having at hand immediately.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2024+ 4 Door Confirmed Fit Overhead Molle Panels? IMG_7196

Jeep Wrangler JL 2024+ 4 Door Confirmed Fit Overhead Molle Panels? IMG_7196
Amazing. Love the switch getting set up there. Out of the way. Iā€™m in a 21 Willyā€™s so just have a void below my AC controls. Like it for my phone. This would allow me to keep that space instead of turning into a switch panel.
Sponsored