David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone have the MPS Overhead Molle Panel? If so, can you measure the dimensions? Width and Length from back side of the windshield to the front side of the roll bar?

https://www.molle-platform-solution...-wrangler-front-overhead-molle-panel-hard-top

I'm considering switch panel / wiring solutions ahead of taking delivery of my JLUR 3.0. One option I'm considering and leaning to at the moment is an overhead switch panel with Carling SPST and DPDT rocker switches. I had these in a previous overland vehicle and had the DPDT switches configured so the accessory would be on in one position or remote triggered in the other. Driving lights triggered by high beans, reverse lights triggered with reverse, rock lights triggered with doors opening. You get the idea. Trying to decide if I have the enough area overhead to make this work.
Sponsored

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
Does anyone have the MPS Overhead Molle Panel? If so, can you measure the dimensions? Width and Length from back side of the windshield to the front side of the roll bar?

https://www.molle-platform-solution...-wrangler-front-overhead-molle-panel-hard-top

I'm considering switch panel / wiring solutions ahead of taking delivery of my JLUR 3.0. One option I'm considering and leaning to at the moment is an overhead switch panel with Carling SPST and DPDT rocker switches. I had these in a previous overland vehicle and had the DPDT switches configured so the accessory would be on in one position or remote triggered in the other. Driving lights triggered by high beans, reverse lights triggered with reverse, rock lights triggered with doors opening. You get the idea. Trying to decide if I have the enough area overhead to make this work.
Did you end up buying one? Curious how difficult the install was with drilling some mounting holes.

OP
OP

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Did you end up buying one? Curious how difficult the install was with drilling some mounting holes.
I did. I ditched the self tap screws and installed some rivnuts.

20210710_151455.jpg

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
I did. I ditched the self tap screws and installed some rivnuts.

Jeep Wrangler JL Dims of MPS Overhead Molle Panel 20210710_151455
Both front/back need hardware, right? I presume there’s nothing from an OEM standpoint you use.

OP
OP

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
I only did the front.

Sponsored

AMT

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T

I just installed one this weekend. Did the same thing for hardware: 4 rivnuts. Also put in some rubber washer under the rear flange; had about a 3/4" gap above the sound bar where it was supposed to mount. Not sure if this is similar to what you are wanting, but this dude did a nice job with the aux switches and the panel together:

proptied

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLR Snazz
I just installed one this weekend. Did the same thing for hardware: 4 rivnuts. Also put in some rubber washer under the rear flange; had about a 3/4" gap above the sound bar where it was supposed to mount. Not sure if this is similar to what you are wanting, but this dude did a nice job with the aux switches and the panel together:
I had the same problem with a gap like this: front and rear. I found if you either pre-bend it or, like I did, give a little downwards tug on it while it's up there it'll flatten out. Not sure if it was intentionally bent like that or not, but it feels more solid now that it's flush.
Sponsored