What do you put on your overhead molle?

AndrewHW

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLUR
Just curious what everyone puts on their overhead molle? comms? First aid? I'm thinking about getting one but only to carry a couple of things. Would like to see ideas of what others are using it for?
Sponsored

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Just curious what everyone puts on their overhead molle? comms? First aid? I'm thinking about getting one but only to carry a couple of things. Would like to see ideas of what others are using it for?
I just moved up from a 2 door, to a 4 door with a full build out in the rear with drawers, fridge, shelf, etc. So I've got more space than I'm used to having. My MOLLE is pretty light at the moment as most stuff has found new homes in other places, but, here's where it sits currently.

The front seat set up is identical to what I had in the 2 door, it's worked great having a place to put optics and comms in both rigs.

The rear seat is a work in progress, mostly a catch all for random bags at the moment.

Jeep Wrangler JL What do you put on your overhead molle? IMG_2059.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL What do you put on your overhead molle? IMG_2060.JPG

Last edited:

T4STE

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oswachiart.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Vehicle Showcase
My cb radio, a pouch for sunglasses and small snacks. Also not pictured, my digital point and shoot camera.
Jeep Wrangler JL What do you put on your overhead molle? 1639039742913

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I have my GMRS radio mounted to it, a gun magnet, sunglasses case, and two small pouches. One of the pouches has cleaning stuff for camera gear and the other one has miscellaneous stuff that my wife puts in her side. Then I have a fixed blade knife mounted on top of the Molle rack that is easy to access but almost impossible to see that it is up there.

Sponsored

Cntr78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I just moved up from a 2 door, to a 4 door with a full build out in the rear with drawers, fridge, shelf, etc. So I've got more space than I'm used to having. My MOLLE is pretty light at the moment as most stuff has found new homes in other places, but, here's where it sits currently.

The front seat set up is identical to what I had in the 2 door, it's worked great having a place to put optics and comms in both rigs.

The rear seat is a work in progress, mostly a catch all for random bags at the moment.

Nice set up. Is that the JCR panel?

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

@Jeepeto

Nice camera setup. I have an A9m2 and a A1. How are they mounted to the Molle? Is it a Peak Design capture clip?
Yes, the PD capture clips work a treat! A tiny bit of rattle off road but worth the convienience

mikeq

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLUR
Yes, the PD capture clips work a treat! A tiny bit of rattle off road but worth the convienience
Installed the MPS panel. Like it a lot. I have some PD capture clips and gave them a try. You're right, they rattle. I ordered a PGYTech Beetle clip. Same concept as the PD clips but look like they have a solid non-rattle connection. They also make gopro mounts that clip into the Beetle clip.

I'll see how they work. Hate to replace all my PD clips but may have to. I'm hoping the base is somewhat compatible. We'll see.

Sponsored

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Installed the MPS panel. Like it a lot. I have some PD capture clips and gave them a try. You're right, they rattle. I ordered a PGYTech Beetle clip. Same concept as the PD clips but look like they have a solid non-rattle connection. They also make gopro mounts that clip into the Beetle clip.

I'll see how they work. Hate to replace all my PD clips but may have to. I'm hoping the base is somewhat compatible. We'll see.
I drilled holes and got the mount to sit secure, however I still get rattle from the interface of the mount and clip. If that beetle clip silences that rattle be sure to let me know.

As for the capture clip, If it gets on my nerves during long rides I’ll shove something soft like a beanie or glove between the lens and the MOLLE panel to provide just a small amount of pressure on the camera to keep it from rocking back and forth. Not perfect by any means but a livable solution to me. It’s worth it to have the camera easily accessible and secure.

mikeq

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLUR
I drilled holes and got the mount to sit secure, however I still get rattle from the interface of the mount and clip. If that beetle clip silences that rattle be sure to let me know.

As for the capture clip, If it gets on my nerves during long rides I’ll shove something soft like a beanie or glove between the lens and the MOLLE panel to provide just a small amount of pressure on the camera to keep it from rocking back and forth. Not perfect by any means but a livable solution to me. It’s worth it to have the camera easily accessible and secure.
Overall the beetle clip is really nice. It doesn't require tools to clamp to a bag or belt. It has a clamping system. I like it better than the PDs for that reason. However, it still rattles a little. Less than PD but still rattles. Main issue though is that the beetle is larger and doesn't fit through the holes on the molle panel. So in the end even if it was silent, it wouldn't work. I guess my son has a new beetle for his camera bag strap.

Last edited:

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

@Jeepeto Had my wife make a pad with velcro straps to cushion the cameras. Works well. No bouncing or vibration. Just enough pressure to keep everything tight.

Jeep Wrangler JL What do you put on your overhead molle? 20220125_125117

Jeep Wrangler JL What do you put on your overhead molle? 20220125_125117
Genious! I might have to break out my sewing machine and try this...

P.S. I see you flexing with that A9 and GM lens by the way, don't think it went un-noticed 🤣

mikeq

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLUR
Genious! I might have to break out my sewing machine and try this...

P.S. I see you flexing with that A9 and GM lens by the way, don't think it went un-noticed 🤣
I should have put the GM lens on the A1 next to it. That GM lens is my space launch lens. 12-24mm.
Sponsored

Last edited: