Sponsored

2023 Waiting/Venting Room

BaconKittens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 JLR
Yup, day 10 in storage with no projected date to ship... this is SO AWESOME!!!
My new model is going to be an old model by the time I get it
this is my fear.

I fear I'll get MY23 and then 2 months later the MY24 will start rolling out. That would suck.
Sponsored

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher
So I'm in the same state as a few others, mine is in JS and currently sitting in a lot somewhere in Belvedere, IL awaiting transport to momma.

I am a bit more lucky in that yesterday around the 8 day mark for having my jeep in JS status, that the dealership has an expected date for it to be shipped out, which is supposedly on Dec 23 (next Friday). We all know jeep and how long reliable estimated dates are around here. When my jeep had been built last week, I had originally hoped to see it by the end of the year/month, but if it isn't leaving the lot in Belvedere until next Friday, and I am all the way over in Western Canada, I highly doubt it will get here in a week or less.

Side note, I also learned that while the city where my dealership is does have a major rail yard, it does not for whatever silly reason have the capability to offload vehicles at the yard. Which means they have to go an extra distance to Vancouver, BC and then circle back via truck on what is a 4-4.5 hour drive. I got in a big debate with my boy toy last night about it. He kept on pointing at cost of infrastructure making adding that capability not worth it, and I just pushed back and said we have a major railyard here, why not cut back on all the extra distance that the trucking requires. I was thinking logistics and he was thinking money. *shrug*

The above paragraph is more than anything a giant rant for me to be upset about how because of stupid silly things, my jeep is more likely than ever to be faced with even further delays. Bah humbug.

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher
this is my fear.

I fear I'll get MY23 and then 2 months later the MY24 will start rolling out. That would suck.
I ordered mine Aug 2, about 3 weeks before the lines switched to assembling MY23.... I feel you there..... I am feeling like this is entirely possible at this point. If not that, then at the very least it is likely we will have an announcement or some practically confirmed rumours as to what MY24 will hold for us (if any changes will exist.....)

Justmefor23

First Name
Whatever
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK
I ordered mine Aug 2, about 3 weeks before the lines switched to assembling MY23.... I feel you there..... I am feeling like this is entirely possible at this point. If not that, then at the very least it is likely we will have an announcement or some practically confirmed rumours as to what MY24 will hold for us (if any changes will exist.....)
Did you see the order placed on 31 Oct? Already shipped.... 6 weeks

week 12 and not even made it to KZ...
And so many more much longer..

This is why Im in this room:facepalm:

Sponsored

Soggybottomboy

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon JLU.
Occupation
Retired from Retards
On the Jeep Tracker page, what does the "Checks" block mean? Who's checking? I have only checked this tracker about twice yet it indicates 126.

SBB

Sponsored

gatorag05

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR 3.6L, 6-Speed, Earl
Hope everyone gets some movement soon. After 139 days in C status (ordered July 29) I finally moved to D1. I am excited again.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Waiting/Venting Room 1671211571865

Bill_P

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2023 JLUWSXR
Occupation
Can't tell you..shhh
So after being given three different statuses by my dealer, I called the inventory manager. Dealer told me two months ago I was in E, then I got a code that said D to C tracking and the dealer said I was in D status, but that I was still being built, it was just an internal status change and didn't mean anything. When I called the inventory manager he said he was showing D and would call their rep to see what was holding me up and get right back to me. That was three days ago. I did get a nice email from their service department manager offering me $10 off an oil change and thanking me for being a loyal customer. That was a shock to me since I have never stepped foot in that dealership until I ordered my Jeep through them :headbang:.

I'm about to cancel this order all together. This order experience has kind of soured me on Jeep. I love my Wrangler and love off roading, but the desire to drink Drano every time I see an order that is the same as mine only ordered after me getting posted as "Hey check out my new Jeep" has kind of killed the experience.

Justmefor23

First Name
Whatever
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK
So after being given three different statuses by my dealer, I called the inventory manager. Dealer told me two months ago I was in E, then I got a code that said D to C tracking and the dealer said I was in D status, but that I was still being built, it was just an internal status change and didn't mean anything. When I called the inventory manager he said he was showing D and would call their rep to see what was holding me up and get right back to me. That was three days ago. I did get a nice email from their service department manager offering me $10 off an oil change and thanking me for being a loyal customer. That was a shock to me since I have never stepped foot in that dealership until I ordered my Jeep through them :headbang:.

I'm about to cancel this order all together. This order experience has kind of soured me on Jeep. I love my Wrangler and love off roading, but the desire to drink Drano every time I see an order that is the same as mine only ordered after me getting posted as "Hey check out my new Jeep" has kind of killed the experience.
Im with ya. This experience just sucks. The whole process is screwy. No one can give me any reason why mine is still in storage without a ship date. I can't remember any getting built and then no plan for shipping.

BaconKittens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 JLR
I see so many getting scheduled. I refuse to reach out to my dealer anymore. It only leads to disappointment.

Justmefor23

First Name
Whatever
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK
I see so many getting scheduled. I refuse to reach out to my dealer anymore. It only leads to disappointment.
I think my excitement over all this has gone. My Dealer just contacted me and said mine has an estimated ship date of 12/24. (Insert eye roll here).
Im not even remotely excited. It had a ship date of 12/8 so I'll believe it when I see it. And why would it take 6 weeks to deliver?
Built on 12/1 and won't be delivered until 1/20?
You still may get yours ahead of mine..
Sponsored