Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
Don’t worry, there’s still time to regress back to D 😉 Kidding of course, hoping no more waiting for you!
You're not wrong. I've seen a number of folks regress lately so it's always possible. It's just good seeing the VIN appear on the pizza tracker to know that it's more "official" for Jeep now. Still no build date listed, though. I imagine sometime in November.
Sponsored

Vulcaris

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, '23 Wrangler Willys(maybe)
Welcome, Vulcaris. Yeah. I saw that 3 day post too, and even though I just got bumped to D1 myself today I thought, shit... I waited 70 damn days for that to happen and you're getting upped in less than a week... :)

Hang in there. I had said that if I hit 90 days with no movement, I would have to re-evaluate whether I wanted to keep going. Then today, out of the blue, D1 happened.
As much as I hate to admit, the dealerships have all the power right now. And they know it. Unless you're lucky n find a similar build for sale, it's the waiting game and they've no incentive to reward your patience.
I'm in it no matter what. But I hate buying a vehicle on my heels.

Savagechump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX5 & Subaru
As much as I hate to admit, the dealerships have all the power right now. And they know it. Unless you're lucky n find a similar build for sale, it's the waiting game and they've no incentive to reward your patience.
I understand completely. I've been waiting 2 and a half months and still only have a vin. It completely sucks to wait this long for a vehicle that is in production.

OP
OP
Opus

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I started looking at local options a little while back. Found 1 decent choice about 200 miles away. All 2022s, of course, and none with all of the options I was looking for.

My fear now (because I always have to fear something) is that by the time the Jeep is built, interest rates will be high enough that I won't be able to afford it anymore. We went over numbers with the dealer (trade-in value and monthly payments/loan term) when we placed the order in July, but none of that was signed and it's not part of the POC so I assume it's not locked in. On the plus side, we have more equity in our trade-in the longer this takes, so that will help, but it won't balance it out.

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
Even more strange is that our builds are completely different, yet have nearly the same progressions (or lack thereof lol)

Thanks for the clarification on the regression info. All of this is slowly going to drive me mad 🤪
I think D1 to D might show up on JeepTracker.com. I went from C to D1 on 8/23. The current and previous status changed at that point. Current = D1 and previous shows as C. Thus the first under Changes. Then on 9/9 a second change. You can see it under Changes and the 9/9 date. You see the previous status is listed as D1. But the current status did not update to anything. Normally when you leave D1 it is to go to E Production. I think the change on 9/9 was a regress to D from D1. I talked to my dealer and he said my "ship" date changed from 9/29 to 10/3. So I think jeeptracker.com shows a regress from D1 to D. It doesn't explicitly state that but it is the only thing that makes sense. Maybe the jeeptracker.com software doesn't know how to handle the regress.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Waiting/Venting Room 1664138299346

Sponsored

MayThe4x4BWU

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR
Occupation
IT Small Business Owner
I think D1 to D might show up on JeepTracker.com. I went from C to D1 on 8/23. The current and previous status changed at that point. Current = D1 and previous shows as C. Thus the first under Changes. Then on 9/9 a second change. You can see it under Changes and the 9/9 date. You see the previous status is listed as D1. But the current status did not update to anything. Normally when you leave D1 it is to go to E Production. I think the change on 9/9 was a regress to D from D1. I talked to my dealer and he said my "ship" date changed from 9/29 to 10/3. So I think jeeptracker.com shows a regress from D1 to D. It doesn't explicitly state that but it is the only thing that makes sense. Maybe the jeeptracker.com software doesn't know how to handle the regress.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Waiting/Venting Room 1664138299346
That makes sense.

I added mine to Jeeptracker a few days ago, so mine has no info populated for "changes" or "previous status", probably because whatever happened to my order already made the database changes on the backend, so I guess I'm out of luck for now other than my dealer saying "early October" in his last message to me this past week 😑

Jeepalady17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wragler Sport S
I started looking at local options a little while back. Found 1 decent choice about 200 miles away. All 2022s, of course, and none with all of the options I was looking for.

My fear now (because I always have to fear something) is that by the time the Jeep is built, interest rates will be high enough that I won't be able to afford it anymore. We went over numbers with the dealer (trade-in value and monthly payments/loan term) when we placed the order in July, but none of that was signed and it's not part of the POC so I assume it's not locked in. On the plus side, we have more equity in our trade-in the longer this takes, so that will help, but it won't balance it out.
That is EXACTLY what I posted in another thread... I think I'm going to be priced out of it when (if) it finally arrives with interest going up and even tho my trade is paid off now it seems that the used vehicles are dropping in price too..Oh well, At least I can drive over and see it when it arrives and comment on what I COULD have had LOL

OP
OP
Opus

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
That is EXACTLY what I posted in another thread... I think I'm going to be priced out of it when (if) it finally arrives with interest going up and even tho my trade is paid off now it seems that the used vehicles are dropping in price too..Oh well, At least I can drive over and see it when it arrives and comment on what I COULD have had LOL
Don't despair. I think they will work with you. Tell them they have to make it work... your name is on the window sticker... :)

Jeepalady17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wragler Sport S
Don't despair. I think they will work with you. Tell them they have to make it work... your name is on the window sticker... :)
LOL Maybe it says "wishful Thinking" as my name on the sticker but I thank you for your good thoughts and I HOPE you get yours very soon Opus...:like:

Sponsored

MayThe4x4BWU

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR
Occupation
IT Small Business Owner

Yours finally made it to the next step, hang in there! Now you can enjoy bouncing around D1 to D to D1 to R2D2 with the rest of us who have been stuck in this stage of limbo 😝

Mind you, I've started looking around at nearby inventory to see what's popped into dealer lots as well. With my build, I highly doubt I'll see anything close to it on any dealer lot. Or not "market adjusted"...that shit is starting to piss me off as well lol

OP
OP
Opus

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Yours finally made it to the next step, hang in there! Now you can enjoy bouncing around D1 to D to D1 to R2D2 with the rest of us who have been stuck in this stage of limbo 😝

Mind you, I've started looking around at nearby inventory to see what's popped into dealer lots as well. With my build, I highly doubt I'll see anything close to it on any dealer lot. Or not "market adjusted"...that shit is starting to piss me off as well lol
Oh, now that I'm in D1, I'm in it for the long haul. What I was waiting for was some sign from Jeep that my order was actually a thing and not some construct given to me by my dealer (D status). Now that I have that, I'm content with waiting again...

MayThe4x4BWU

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR
Occupation
IT Small Business Owner
Oh, now that I'm in D1, I'm in it for the long haul. What I was waiting for was some sign from Jeep that my order was actually a thing and not some construct given to me by my dealer (D status). Now that I have that, I'm content with waiting again...
Good to see that. It's funny, this place has become a sort of support system for all of us who are in various stages of limbo with our orders. It's nice to see when people get their orders moving, especially those who've been waiting for so long.

Shasha1334

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR Hard Rock edition
Just got word from Gupton that my Jeep made it back to D1 status with a ship date of 10/8! Fingers crossed the date sticks this time
Sponsored