Justmefor23

First Name
Whatever
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK
Soooo
Does anyone know if they push updates over the weekend or do I have to drink to a blackout status until Monday?
😜
Sponsored

392OVRLND

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392XR AEV JL370
Build Thread
Link
If we're being honest you could say the same about Jeep...
Sure, but they have also vastly improved / modernized the product line with every iteration. The TJ is more capable, stock for stock than the YJ. The JK is more capable, stock for stock, than the TJ. The JL is more capable, stock for stock, than the JK. Every new model has improved on ride quality and handling. Interiors have massively improve. Safety has improved. Technology has massively improved.

Look at the 2005 TJ Rubicon compared to a 2022 JL Rubicon.

Then, look at a 2005 Tacoma TRD Off-road compared to a 2022 Tacoma TRD Off-road. The 2022 Tacoma is essentially a reskinned 2005 Tacoma with a *slightly* better interior and CarPlay.

Victory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 - 2 Door Base Sport MT w/ half doors
Every mid-size truck on the market currently does truck things better and more efficiently than the Tacoma, with better interiors and technology.
That might be true now - I guess I don’t really know, I haven’t gone truck shopping, but it wasn’t true when I bought it in 2016, and it still does everything I need it to, and except for the inside of the bed looks brand new since it fits in the garage.

Sponsored

392OVRLND

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392XR AEV JL370
Build Thread
Link
That might be true now - I guess I don’t really know, I haven’t gone truck shopping, but it wasn’t true when I bought it in 2016, and it still does everything I need it to.
To be clear, I pick on the Tacoma and Tundra due to my frustration with Toyota and their complacency, not because I hate either truck. I used to want a first-Gen Tacoma more than anything when I was in college. I was a huge fan of Ivan “Ironman” Stewart and the TRD team in their Baja glory days.

Toyota, as of late, is content to ignore innovation, ignore the competition, enter the market in 4th or 5th place behind all the other competition with lightly refreshed products that they advertise as “newly redesigned,” all while letting their once legendary truck brands die a slow death.

So, F*** Toyota (the company) and their executive leadership.

WheretheJLs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Hydro Blue Rubicon XR
The problem is not the competition. The problem is Toyota’s complacency which is influencing their attitude toward innovation.

They know thousands of blindly brand loyal buyers that hold antiquated views and do no research will continue buying their trucks.
Toyota def plays it way too safe

Current powertrain is underwhelming hence the tune, they should offer an optional supercharger and an optional Prerunner package above Pro with upgraded suspension and 35s from the factory.

But my truck has been good to me and does what I need it to do in the 40k miles and 5.5 years of ownership. 4runner is another one that has been stagnant for a while. But its record setting sales year after year so they are in no rush to change things.

SinisterKid

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR
Back to the end of the line I go, reordered so I could get my favorite color blue instead of orange
Boo! I was waiting to see if your 3.6 Punkn got built on or before my 2.0 since we had the same order date.

WheretheJLs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Hydro Blue Rubicon XR
Boo! I was waiting to see if your 3.6 Punkn got built on or before my 2.0 since we had the same order date.
Jeep Tracker shows there are 23 punk'n order, no one is on D yet, ik some ordered 1st week of November. Weird how there are no new orders in the last 7 days.

Sponsored

Jared1956

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 1964 CJ3B 1967 CJ5
Jeep Tracker shows there are 23 punk'n order, no one is on D yet, ik some ordered 1st week of November. Weird how there are no new orders in the last 7 days.
Yep, ordered 11/4 still in C/D waiting to move to D1. I expect once D1 is reached, it will be about a month in D1. So earliest any of us will see a Punk’n is end of January at the earliest.

Bill_P

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2023 JLUWSXR
Occupation
Can't tell you..shhh
Is the common denominator the selection of an optional safety group by chance?
No because I got the same code and ordered a Willys sport with no safety group. It does come with upgraded brakes so you might be close though.
Sponsored