Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Thank you! That's encouraging. It looks like once they started building them, they were building them every week. The only slightly discouraging piece would be that production began in December and it took roughly 8 weeks to start 2 dr builds....but...that's still good news!
No, that's when I started tracking this stuff.
Sponsored

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Your POC is what you use to verify that your order is correct. The tracker won't tell you that until it's much too late to change.
Priced Order Confirmation (POC) being the build sheet from the dealer with priority 01 instead of 99? Only ever received the 99 'preview' build prior to order and the VON afterward. If I'm reading things correctly, I still need to wait a bit for the dealer to receive the VIN before he has access to the POC?

Morrepe

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 dr Sarge Green Willys, Soft Top 3.6L MT
Priced Order Confirmation (POC) being the build sheet from the dealer with priority 01 instead of 99? Only ever received the 99 'preview' build prior to order and the VON afterward. If I'm reading things correctly, I still need to wait a bit for the dealer to receive the VIN before he has access to the POC?
That's what Craig at Koons told me. Will get signed POC once they have VIN.

Reactions: AFD

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I'm not positive whether a VIN has to be assigned at that point or not.

Note that the term "build sheet" is usually reserved for the thing that becomes available to us closely following the pieces of your Jeep entering the assembly line. The POC is one of the steps that eventually leads to that.

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)

Note that the term "build sheet" is usually reserved for the thing that becomes available to us closely following the pieces of your Jeep entering the assembly line. The POC is one of the steps that eventually leads to that.
Gotcha. Configuration Preview (99) > Priced Order Confirmation (01) > ??? > Build Sheet = Profit!

Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Orders - Check in here underpants-gnomes

(Underpants Gnome meme from South Park)

Sponsored

Plumbean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon XR

I received my POC from Koons with a build priority of "01" before I had a VIN. VIN came a bit later with D1 status.

Griffinhez

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia soul
Anyone got a lead on the availability of the optional "Snorkel". I was just told yesterday it's not currently available.
Who told you that? I just put my order in last Friday and it was available.

Truck9469

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Wrangler Rubicon
I received my POC from Koons with a build priority of "01" before I had a VIN. VIN came a bit later with D1 status.
Same with me from my dealer

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Gotcha. Configuration Preview (99) > Priced Order Confirmation (01) > ??? > Build Sheet = Profit!

Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Orders - Check in here underpants-gnomes

(Underpants Gnome meme from South Park)
Absolutely, but unfortunately there's are some potential subsequent landmines: getting stuck in inspection, the dreaded JB vendor, waiting for shipping, and waiting for arrival.

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Absolutely, but unfortunately there's are some potential subsequent landmines: getting stuck in inspection, the dreaded JB vendor, waiting for shipping, and waiting for arrival.
Yeah, I nixed the all-weather floor mats and stainless sill guards for that reason, but kept the steel bumpers and hardtop headliner.

Sponsored

Morrepe

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 dr Sarge Green Willys, Soft Top 3.6L MT
Hmmm. They told me no POC until VIN and the "Configuration Preview" they gave me has a Build priority of 99. I don't think Jeep has committed to build my vehicle yet. Not good.

Storm Cloud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lawyer
Hmmm. They told me no POC until VIN and the "Configuration Preview" they gave me has a Build priority of 99. I don't think Jeep has committed to build my vehicle yet. Not good.
I've gotten my POC and build priority of 01 on two separate orders, both before I got my VIN.

Sifko36

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Wrangler, 2023 Rubicon
I have my POC and build priority of 01. No vin yet. I got my POC the day I ordered.

DurangoWino

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Santa Fe and 2023 Rubi XR 4-door
Occupation
Retired
Dropped by my dealer this morning to check on things and meet my salesman. He looked on his tracker and said that I was in D-1 with an estimated ship date of 8/20. I questioned him if that was the ship date or build date and he said ship date. Ordered a JLRUXR on June 9th. Boy that puts Ford to shame! So glad I cancelled my Bronco order.

Storm Cloud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lawyer
Dropped by my dealer this morning to check on things and meet my salesman. He looked on his tracker and said that I was in D-1 with an estimated ship date of 8/20. I questioned him if that was the ship date or build date and he said ship date. Ordered a JLRUXR on June 9th. Boy that puts Ford to shame! So glad I cancelled my Bronco order.
I'm hearing these quick ship dates a lot with 2023 orders. I was told the same thing that my build date of 8/24 is a build and ship date with delivery estimated 9/15. I take it with a grain of salt, but the more I hear other dealerships giving the same sort of information, the more optimistic I'm becoming (to my detriment.)
Sponsored