Jreycnc

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 3.6/AT JLUR, 21 392
Vehicle Showcase
Just want to add- Diode Dynamics has new replacement headlights at SEMA that are now on their site for preorder. ~$800 and a ton of features. Might check em out before you make a purchase.

Want to add: I have the Oculus Bi-LED heated lenses. They're great, bright, solid cutoff and zero issues.
Sponsored

manapiko

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Dang, those diode dynamics look great!

(edit: from an oculus owner)

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Just want to add- Diode Dynamics has new replacement headlights at SEMA that are now on their site for preorder. ~$800 and a ton of features. Might check em out before you make a purchase.

Want to add: I have the Oculus Bi-LED heated lenses. They're great, bright, solid cutoff and zero issues.
Thanks for the heads up on those. They look pretty cool. The fluff features also look interesting.

I'd gladly buy a pair, but sadly, they are exactly 2X what I would be willing to pay.

But for those willing to fork over the dineros, they look great and also built in the USA. 🇺🇲

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I must admit that I do not understand this obsession with having EVERY single light on the Jeep be LEDs. The headlights, yes, because those are your primary source of road illumination.

But aside from the reverse lights when used at night, all the others are just signaling lights, not illumination, so does it really matter if your running lights or turn signal lights or brake lights are LED or halogen? It certainly doesn't to me.
Cguy,
I was an early adopter of LED vehicle lighting, and have observed its evolution since the late 90s. The importance of light temperature and color, which LED lighting can excel at, was my first takeaway when I was commuting to and from work on a motorcycle. That wasn't an insignificant lesson, and it has informed my choices ever since.

It matters to me and to anyone else, on two wheels or four, who want every legal advantage possible to avoid getting hit by inattentive drivers, and to see where we're going at night and/or in inclement weather. And so I willingly went in on the pre-sale promotion for these tail lights (which have been superlative), and I recently upgraded from incandescent to LED headlights. That was just in time, too, since the corn has been harvested and the deer are starting to run at dusk and daybreak.

It's instructive to consider the near-wholesale transition from halogen to LED lighting, in part or in whole, on almost all new vehicles being sold today, irrespective of their price tier or trim level. That's not accidental.

Anybody with LED lights have a problem with snow accumulating on them in winter? Is that a thing?
It absolutely is a thing, as recurring forum threads on the subject make plain. Thus the availability of aftermarket heated LED headlights from at least one brand. One member had to make a claim recently, though, because the heating element began to melt the plastic(!) lens on one of his headlights. So, caveat emptor.

Tosucowboy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 wrangler sahara
I have to counter and say that this is not the case if someone purchases a quality set of aftermarket LED headlights specifically designed to replaced the factory halogens. Oracle and other manufacturers make LED headlights that are nearly plug and play, aside from having to wire the halos. No flash is required for these to work. I have the Oracles and the entire install took no more than 15 minutes. I paid less than $600 for the pair at the time. I'd say that's a fairly decent savings.

I was looking at those. Was wondering if you have to run the fender daytime with the halos. Just not a fan of the fender daytime.

Sponsored

Tosucowboy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 wrangler sahara
Looking at doing the headlights, and while I agree that it looks odd if the others don't match. I did put LED fog lights on my Ram and the bright white seemed to make driving in fog worse. And yes I checked the aiming

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I did put LED fog lights on my Ram and the bright white seemed to make driving in fog worse.
Amber lighting is recommended for improved visibility in foggy driving conditions.

The brighter the white light, the worse the reflective effect in fog.

Rishsd

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
@ORACLElights i too need help with my new switchbacks. I have a JT sport with halogen lights. I have hooked up the switchbacks and used the JScan to turn on the Halo. I am getting orange LED while driving for the halos, how do I correct this turning on the white halos?

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@ORACLElights i too need help with my new switchbacks. I have a JT sport with halogen lights. I have hooked up the switchbacks and used the JScan to turn on the Halo. I am getting orange LED while driving for the halos, how do I correct this turning on the white halos?
I am assuming you're trying to get white halo as DRL. I don't think this is possible through programming, since the only option you get for "Change DRL Location" is Turn Signal, Low or Hi Beam, and Fog Lights I believe. This is why the halo is lighting up amber, because DRL location is likely set to turn signal.
Sponsored