Sponsored

JLU 2021 Headlight LED Upgrade Options (From Halogen)?

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I just got these. Installed them this afternoon. Waiting for it to get dark so I can see the pattern and make sure I put them in right. In another thread people mentioned having to lower the beams after installing these, did you have to do that too?
When I put my Beamtechs in, I pulled Jeep into the garage. I used painters tape to mark on the wall where the factory halogen lights hit top and bottom. Then when I put in the new bulbs I had a point of reference. In my case the light beams were still centered between the tape so I didn't adjust anything.

In 3 years of using them nobody ever flashed me so it had to be close I'd think.
Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
When I put my Beamtechs in, I pulled Jeep into the garage. I used painters tape to mark on the wall where the factory halogen lights hit top and bottom. Then when I put in the new bulbs I had a point of reference. In my case the light beams were still centered between the tape so I didn't adjust anything.

In 3 years of using them nobody ever flashed me so it had to be close I'd think.
The common adjustment spec is 1/4" down per foot. That is: if you measure from the ground to the center of the headlight lens, then move the jeep back 25 feet from a wall that has perfectly level ground right up to the wall, the cutoff should be 25 x 0.25"= 6.25" cutoff height lower than the height of the center of the headlight. If you load up the back end for a big trip, you should adjust your headlights accordingly.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
if you're buying off Amazon there should be a guaranteed fit verifier near the top of the page where you put your car details in and it lets you know if the part you're looking at will fit your vehicle. Before you pull the trigger use that as well to be 100% it's the right part.
@JEBIGA
Amazon's Vehicle Fitment tool is known to be buggy. More than twice have I purchased parts that the tool said weren't compatible with the vehicle in question, but from experience I knew that not to be true. Said differently, the parts that I ordered did fit correctly, in contravention of what Amazon would have me believe.

It's best to independently confirm the part number(s) elsewhere before buying on Amazon, even if the Fitment tool says that the parts will fit (meaning, said bugginess can sometimes go both ways.) A phone call to the local chain parts store, or using a lookup table on a website that specializes in the parts that you want to purchase, is usually a good hedge here.

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
@JEBIGA
Amazon's Vehicle Fitment tool is known to be buggy. More than twice have I purchased parts that the tool said weren't compatible with the vehicle in question, but from experience I knew that not to be true.
I have noticed the same thing at times. It's generally right but I have had it tell me something won't fit my Jeep when I know for sure it will. Still a nice sanity check I guess if it warns you that it might not fit/work.

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
Same here with the Beamtechs I bought from Amazon. They fit just fine and, so far, no one has flashed their brights since I did the bulb swap so I haven't needed to make any adjustments.

rfm8os

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2022 Cadillac CT-5 V

I wish I had thought to do that while installing mine. They have been on for two years now and I haven't had any issues so I think they were ok.
Sponsored