Sponsored

When my doors are off and I’m towing my boat when I put to reverse it locks up and I can’t back my boat to ramp!!

Johnny1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 jeep Willy 4xe
Can anyone help with this issue?
When my doors are off and I’m towing my boat when I put to reverse it locks up and I can’t back my boat to ramp!!
Sponsored

dbp512

First Name
don quixote
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Sting Grey Rubicon 4xE
Is your seatbelt unbuckled? Jeeps love to automatically shift to park when they detect you're doing something they don't like. I believe door open (or off) and seatbelt disengaged is a recipe for this to trigger.

If that's what's happening for you, then you should be able to shift to park then back to reverse for it move. Or get a seatbelt mimic, which I believe should prevent it from happening, but I need to test it to confirm.

OP
OP

Johnny1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 jeep Willy 4xe
Nothing to do with seatbelt I have it on.😳 I brought my jeep to dealership and they said its probably because of doors being off and not connected.

OP
OP

Johnny1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 jeep Willy 4xe
It’s makes no sense that you can’t tow with doors off!

dbp512

First Name
don quixote
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Sting Grey Rubicon 4xE
Ah darn. I was thinking for sure you got out to walk around or prepare the boat for unloading and like me moving vehicles around the driveway, I don't bother with the seatbelt for a few feet at 5mph.

If it is the door, then similar to the seatbelt it might be looking for some circuit to be completed when the door is making contact with the latch; you could try to figure out a way to duplicate that.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Johnny1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 jeep Willy 4xe
Ah darn. I was thinking for sure you got out to walk around or prepare the boat for unloading and like me moving vehicles around the driveway, I don't bother with the seatbelt for a few feet at 5mph.

If it is the door, then similar to the seatbelt it might be looking for some circuit to be completed when the door is making contact with the latch; you could try to figure out a way to duplicate that.
That’s what I was thinking, an adapter to plug in to door connector.

OP
OP

Johnny1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 jeep Willy 4xe

That’s what I was thinking, an adapter to plug in to door connector.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Can anyone help with this issue?
You mean it's "AutoParking" right?

Jeep Wrangler JL When my doors are off and I’m towing my boat when I put to reverse it locks up and I can’t back my boat to ramp!! 1711544071497-is

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Well, maybe I'm just confusing it with my wife's Nissan! My 2018 JLU had that package, but my '22 4xe does not.
I think it's the cross path that does it, not sure since our sensors have been turned off for a couple years. My Ram will stomp on the brakes whenever it feels like it in reverse, annoying as hell.
Sponsored