Towing a boat

OP
OP

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
That’s awesome man! Congrats!! How are the seals for saltwater? Plumbing on live wells sounds superior, nice to get rid of light poles. I run a helix 7, all I need until I upgrade to a SIMRAD. You’re going to get so much use out of that thing! Very exciting for you and your family. Can’t wait to see pics when it comes in! Cheers man
nothing salt rated rated at all. It’s lake boat for me. I looked into the bays but they are wicked expensive for what you get. When that point in my life comes I’ll buy a dedicated bay and get a longer boat I would think. It would only get salt use 2 times a year unless I started making weekend trips down to Delaware. We just figured might as well keep it simple.
all my buddies Run 7’s but now with mega 360 they r forcing you to pretty much start at 8 but really trying to push you to 10. I think I would do a live view before mega 360 though. The garmin is tempting. I almost flipped last minute and went with the force for a Tm and Garmin electronics but then I remembered how much i like using my buddies ultrex on their boats.
Sponsored

Keneds

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JL Willys
Vehicle Showcase
jimim, contemplating picking up a 2022 JLU Willys with a 2.0 But I need to know how your making out with your towing. I have a Tracker 17’-6” bass boat similar to your boat. How’s the 2.0 towing experience?

OP
OP

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Perfect. No issues. All my buddies who have had multiple boats and trucks for well over 30 years each said it pulls awesome. I got zero sag in the rear. I have the hitch at the height recommended by Vexus. Deff helps cause I had it a bit higher and I could feel the difference.

What I like the most. Its jeep. I can jack the crap out of the 2 when putting in the water in areas that are tight. My one buddy always yells tooooooo much when I'm turning it while backing up. lol I go wait wait. . . you don't have a jeep just wait for it. . . . my 1 buddy has a jeep and showed me how to back up and how to handle tight areas. I can't get over ow much you can bend the pair to really get in tight areas. I deff can access places other guys can't for some of the places we like to fish. 1 lake that is private by us but they stock it with trout so they have to allow access on it. well the launch area is wicked tight. once 5 people park you have to back down 200 yards from a highway or be able to turn around at the water and not hit another truck or a huge fence. well no one with a full size truck can make the turn. the jeep. no problem! so we are fishing there again. lol

you will have zero issues. that tracker is light. prob very similar to mine.

enjoy! did you look into a 181 or 189 vexus? similar boat.

Keneds

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JL Willys
Vehicle Showcase
Perfect. No issues. All my buddies who have had multiple boats and trucks for well over 30 years each said it pulls awesome. I got zero sag in the rear. I have the hitch at the height recommended by Vexus. Deff helps cause I had it a bit higher and I could feel the difference.

What I like the most. Its jeep. I can jack the crap out of the 2 when putting in the water in areas that are tight. My one buddy always yells tooooooo much when I'm turning it while backing up. lol I go wait wait. . . you don't have a jeep just wait for it. . . . my 1 buddy has a jeep and showed me how to back up and how to handle tight areas. I can't get over ow much you can bend the pair to really get in tight areas. I deff can access places other guys can't for some of the places we like to fish. 1 lake that is private by us but they stock it with trout so they have to allow access on it. well the launch area is wicked tight. once 5 people park you have to back down 200 yards from a highway or be able to turn around at the water and not hit another truck or a huge fence. well no one with a full size truck can make the turn. the jeep. no problem! so we are fishing there again. lol

you will have zero issues. that tracker is light. prob very similar to mine.

enjoy! did you look into a 181 or 189 vexus? similar boat.
I bought my Tracker TXW175 new in 2016. Been towing with a RAM 2500 like its not even back there. I’d hate to buy something that takes the ease of going fishing away. I know my boats not heavy compared to a glass boat. As long as the 2.0 has the umph I’ll be good. 👍

OP
OP

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The 2.0 can pull a 175 with ease. Yah going up big hills. Is it down shifting. Yah but it can handle it. The motor on it is a 60 right? My Vexus is 18, 3 with a 75 only. Wicker light boat. Trailer is also pretty light. Vexus makes them in house for each model boat they sell. I have zero issues.
The turning radius. Butter! This morning my buddy couldn’t get over how tight I was able to spin around in the parking lot to back in easier.
Sponsored