2023 Gupton Ordering, Tracking and Delivery Reports

NDRugby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Unlimited Rubicon
Interesting. How did you get that view? I'm wondering about the infor about Peterson's in Boise. I haven't ordered, yet, but am curious as to how active they are in the custom orders.
I run jeeptracker.com. So I run some reports. But when you put your Jeep on the tracker you also get data related to your Jeep that looks like this. This is my Jeepā€™s options and the statuses.

FDADC38C-57AF-480C-BAFE-BE0E761C50D0.png
Sponsored

JJ_WA

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dakota, 2017 Cherokee, 2023 Willys XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Higher Education
Clubs

I run jeeptracker.com. So I run some reports. But when you put your Jeep on the tracker you also get data related to your Jeep that looks like this. This is my Jeepā€™s options and the statuses.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Gupton Ordering, Tracking and Delivery Reports FDADC38C-57AF-480C-BAFE-BE0E761C50D0
Thanks for the response. I looked at the site, but since I have not yet ordered my Jeep, I don't have access. I was curious as to how busy Peterson's is/was with their custom orders, like how you showed Gupton's status.

Thanks!

NDRugby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Unlimited Rubicon
Thanks for the response. I looked at the site, but since I have not yet ordered my Jeep, I don't have access. I was curious as to how busy Peterson's is/was with their custom orders, like how you showed Gupton's status.

Thanks!
Nor sure which one, but remember these are just the ones that have signed up for this specific tracker.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Gupton Ordering, Tracking and Delivery Reports Screen Shot 2022-10-07 at 1.03.28 AM

Brandonhgt

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe
In the Welcome email they send, there is a link to their financing thing. I believe in the past it was a couple of (local?) banks, but when I filled out my stuff, at the end of the link it showed a bunch of different banks/credit unions, so chances are, the information is sent out and those organizations will compete. It was a pretty painless process and was actually less paperwork than my other option (USAA).

Like anything else, the rates and terms are all unique, I am putting down a decent amount and the rate they gave me was better than what USAA offered, and I got 72 month loan too. If you got a really good credit score then I would think they could at least do that, if not better.

Mine is 5.99% and USAA was higher than that. I was prepared to use their financing and then refinance later if USAA or my bank was lower, but I plan on sticking with that. I haven't seen WHO will have the actual loan yet, but it might not matter. (FYI, I use PENFED and years ago when I bought my truck the rate was VERY low, now PENFED is stupid high, its clear they don't want the loan(s).)

I was concerned less about saving a few small points here and there and more about the banks jacking them up (whole numbers) now that all the interest rates are going up and it doesn't seem like they are coming down anytime soon. It never hurts to have your financing set up and then apply to the link that Gupton provides and see what they kind of details they can provide.
Thanks for this information. Daniel provided update that ship date is 10/10 even though no updates are showing up on tracker. Hopefully it arrives before the rates go up again!

Matts43131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Yo, Wrangler bros, checking in from JT-land. My buddy is looking for a JK JL for his daughter. Is Gupton still 7% below invoice with FCA like it is with Gladiators? Should my friend expect roughly ~10-12% off MSRP if he plays around with custom builder?

What is the timeframe?

I would get in touch with Renee but I know she gets bogged down with request. Figured it would be easier to just ask you all. Especially since the homepage of the websites says Jeeps have the highest 'market adjustment' in the country! yikes

Side note - How is the used Wrangler market? Recommendations for getting a great deal?

Last edited:

Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Yo, Wrangler bros, checking in from JT-land. My buddy is looking for a JK for his daughter. Is Gupton still 7% below invoice with FCA like it is with Gladiators? Should my friend expect roughly ~10-12% off invoice if he plays around with custom builder?

What is the timeframe?

I would get in touch with Renee but I know she gets bogged down with request. Figured it would be easier to just ask you all. Especially since the homepage of the websites says Jeeps have the highest 'market adjustment' in the country! yikes

Side note - How is the used Wrangler market? Recommendations for getting a great deal?
A few notes:

1. The current Jeep Wrangler is the JL, not JK. Your buddy will not be able to order a JK. You probably just got mixed up, but noting as it will be much better for your research if you're looking for JLs and not JKs. :)

2. Timeframe is anyone's guess. At any given moment, any random item on your build could be backordered or held up, and it changes constantly.

3. Disregard the "Jeeps have highest market adjustment" nonsense. For starters, the data is from an org called "iSeeCars" - they release it ~monthly, and it's not actual sales data. If you click through to their site, their "methodology" is to basically scrape dealers' websites for listing prices. Has nothing to do with what dealers are *actually* selling them for after negotiations, discounts, etc.

4. The used Wrangler market is still a bit bonkers, but it's softening. If you're looking to spend ~$30K+, you would almost 100% of the time be better off just ordering a new one through Gupton or other high-volume dealer.

Best way to get the best price is to follow these steps:

1. Use the Jeep.com builder to get an idea of what you want, in terms of trim level, features, powertrain, etc. I always recommend that, once you've built your "ideal" Jeep, go back and try to build the exact same features/etc on the next trim level up. In many cases, it's the same price (or cheaper) to just start with the higher trim. Obviously not a factor if you're going Rubicon, but between Sport, Willys, Sahara, etc.
2. Once you have your build, email it out to 3-5 dealers. I recommend 1-2 local dealers, along with a few high-volume dealers from Ratbert's list of below-invoice dealers. Get their offers and pull out your calculator. Note that each 1% off invoice is approximately $500, give or take, and factor in your travel costs if it's an out-of-town dealer.
3. Place the order, put your big-boy panties on, and prepare to wait patiently. There's nothing anyone can do to expedite the process, just watch the pizza tracker.
4. Enjoy your new Jeep.

JJ_WA

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dakota, 2017 Cherokee, 2023 Willys XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Higher Education
Clubs

Nor sure which one, but remember these are just the ones that have signed up for this specific tracker.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Gupton Ordering, Tracking and Delivery Reports Screen Shot 2022-10-07 at 1.03.28 AM
Awesome, thank you! I think they are pretty much the same the second is the Nampa store. They're pretty busy, too, it seems.
Thanks much!

Reman1826

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon
Ordered my 2nd yesterday. Vin and Von are showing. Hoping for < 3 months. my 22 took 5+months.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Gupton Ordering, Tracking and Delivery Reports 1665156388670

j-rob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Incoming 2023
Mine has unexpectedly been delivered!

Anyone who is picking up at Gupton, try to snap some pics of my sting gray XR!!

Sponsored

RLJ111

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon
Mine has unexpectedly been delivered!

Anyone who is picking up at Gupton, try to snap some pics of my sting gray XR!!
We are picking ours up on Monday, I will look for it, and take some pictures.

ItsUhJEEP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
Anyone here plan on using an Xport company to ship your Jeep home from TN? Just curious which one to use? Montway, Shiplux, etc? Im in Fl and want to explore the options

yeti1951

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep JL Two Door Rubicon
My two door soft top Rubicon is now there. Hopefully picking up Saturday the 15th
Sponsored