2021 JLU Proximity Sensor Issues

dhpt99

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Wrangler Sahara Ecodiesel
Have had my 2021 JLU Ecodiesel for a couple weeks now but the door lock buttons on the door handles work very intermittent. I have no issue when I walk up to the truck it unlocks flawlessly but when I get out after parking the truck to lock it using the button on the door handle I cant seem to find a pattern on how it works. Some times I have to push the button a bunch of times to get it to lock or hold it down and some days it works first try. Anyone else experiencing this issue or am I doing something wrong? I cant seem to find a trick to make it work first try every time.
Sponsored

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Have had my 2021 JLU Ecodiesel for a couple weeks now but the door lock buttons on the door handles work very intermittent. I have no issue when I walk up to the truck it unlocks flawlessly but when I get out after parking the truck to lock it using the button on the door handle I cant seem to find a pattern on how it works. Some times I have to push the button a bunch of times to get it to lock or hold it down and some days it works first try. Anyone else experiencing this issue or am I doing something wrong? I cant seem to find a trick to make it work first try every time.
Are you grabbing the handle when you push the button? If you are, that can confuse the lock. Try ETing it and you shouldn’t have a problem.

OP
OP

dhpt99

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That seems to have been my problem. Glad I was just being dumb and theirs nothing wrong with my Jeep. Thanks for the help

Stacey616

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
That seems to have been my problem. Glad I was just being dumb and theirs nothing wrong with my Jeep. Thanks for the help
Ha! struggle here too! Why on gods green earth doesn't it know the doors are unlocked. I love my jeep but its dumb, my last car was just touch didn't matter it knew the opposite! They could put the sensors on the back doors too. "eyes rolling"

OP
OP

dhpt99

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ha! struggle here too! Why on gods green earth doesn't it know the doors are unlocked. I love my jeep but its dumb, my last car was just touch didn't matter it knew the opposite! They could put the sensors on the back doors too. "eyes rolling"
Thats how Fords are but I havnt had any issues now that I know how to do it.
Sponsored