2021 JLUR ParkSense Issues

CFC4953

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Hey guys, Hoping someone can help me here. I have a brand new JLUR that has 1,000 miles on it. Right from the dealer I went to the 4x4 shop to get a 2.5 AEV Lift put on with 37 Nittos. Two weeks later, I'm getting messages on my dash that I need to wipe the sensors and that their unavailable. Photo attached, I just got my Jeep back from the dealership today and they replaced the entire park sense system. Before I go and call them again that it's not working. I'm wondering if it's the larger tire. I have the Mopar relocation bracket on, and it seems like the tire is high enough. If the sensors we're detecting them wouldn't it contantly beep and not say to clean them? Also this doesn't happen when in reverse the light comes on randomly when driving. Could this also be a TPMS sensor issue. Is it possible since the TPMS is aftermarket it's somehow throwing off the sensors?

Before people comment with remedys

-All sensors were just replaced
-Tire with valve is at 12 o'clock as I heard that could fix the issue in other posts

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 JLUR ParkSense Issues Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 3.08.34 PM
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 JLUR ParkSense Issues IMG_7330
Sponsored

QC22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURR
My 35s on the factory heavy duty tire carrier trips the Park Sense.

Sponsored

QC22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURR
Do you have the same issue "Wipe Parksense"
Mine's a 2020. It just shows something in the right rear corner. Have not seen that message. I just turn Parksense off. Fixed.

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Ours have 35"s and we get beeping and indications that something is behind us from one or two sensors. I've never seen a message like you're getting. Wouldn't expect TPMS sensors to interact with ParkSense. If taking the tire off doesn't prevent the message I'd look to see if the wiring harness got unplugged or the wiring got damaged. In fact unplugging them would probably be a good next step to diagnose.

OP
OP
CFC4953

CFC4953

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Ours have 35"s and we get beeping and indications that something is behind us from one or two sensors. I've never seen a message like you're getting. Wouldn't expect TPMS sensors to interact with ParkSense. If taking the tire off doesn't prevent the message I'd look to see if the wiring harness got unplugged or the wiring got damaged. In fact unplugging them would probably be a good next step to diagnose.
It seems like no one is getting a message to wipe them unless their actually dirty. At this point after trying everything, I'd like to see the wiring myself to see if it's plugged in correctly. Any idea where the wiring harness is? I have the metal bumpers

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Unfortunately I don't know but I imagine the wiring for all four sensors come together on one side or the other, near a frame rail. I'd guess drivers side, away from the exhaust.

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Hey guys, Hoping someone can help me here. I have a brand new JLUR that has 1,000 miles on it. Right from the dealer I went to the 4x4 shop to get a 2.5 AEV Lift put on with 37 Nittos. Two weeks later, I'm getting messages on my dash that I need to wipe the sensors and that their unavailable. Photo attached, I just got my Jeep back from the dealership today and they replaced the entire park sense system. Before I go and call them again that it's not working. I'm wondering if it's the larger tire. I have the Mopar relocation bracket on, and it seems like the tire is high enough. If the sensors we're detecting them wouldn't it contantly beep and not say to clean them? Also this doesn't happen when in reverse the light comes on randomly when driving. Could this also be a TPMS sensor issue. Is it possible since the TPMS is aftermarket it's somehow throwing off the sensors?

Before people comment with remedys

-All sensors were just replaced
-Tire with valve is at 12 o'clock as I heard that could fix the issue in other posts
As a side note: A common theme on this forum is the fear that dealer's will not honor warranty due to mods.

OP: you've got a good dealer here because they replaced the ParkSense under warranty even though it appears that your tire upgrade is the underlying issue.

silverheep

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR4xe
When we put 35’s on 4.5” backspaced wheels, we got the exact same error, “wipe sensors”. We fixed it with the Teraflex Alpha HD mount, pulling the tire and wheel in closer to the tailgate. I have heard of others fixing by rotating the spare to move wheel weights away from the sensors - may be worth trying!

EDIT: see this thread for info on rotating.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...m-with-wheel-tire-upgrade.83046/#post-1736646

OP
OP
CFC4953

CFC4953

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
When we put 35’s on 4.5” backspaced wheels, we got the exact same error, “wipe sensors”. We fixed it with the Teraflex Alpha HD mount, pulling the tire and wheel in closer to the tailgate. I have heard of others fixing by rotating the spare to move wheel weights away from the sensors - may be worth trying!

EDIT: see this thread for info on rotating.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...m-with-wheel-tire-upgrade.83046/#post-1736646
I called Rubitrux to ask them if they had issues, they use the same setup here with the Teraflex. Is it possible that the 4x4 shop put the tire bracket on incorrectly and it's sticking out more then it should? I currently use this from Mopar

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/o...m_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organicshopping

I also tried rotating the tire with no luck

silverheep

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR4xe
I called Rubitrux to ask them if they had issues, they use the same setup here with the Teraflex. Is it possible that the 4x4 shop put the tire bracket on incorrectly and it's sticking out more then it should? I currently use this from Mopar

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/o...m_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organicshopping

I also tried rotating the tire with no luck
The Mopar carrier isn’t adjustable - so it is going to leave your wheel/tire out where the parksense sensors can “see” it. Without seeing it - there is a chance it wasn’t installed correctly, but not likely, as it only goes on one way. I chose the Teraflex mainly because of its adjustability.

Probably worth pulling the spare to see if the issues go away, and if so, put the tire on with the wheel weights at the top to see if that will fix it. If it still has the error, might be worth looking at an adjustable carrier!

EDIT: I missed what you said about rotating with no luck. I think the next step is to remove the spare and check for errors, and if there are none - think about swapping carriers!

OP
OP
CFC4953

CFC4953

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
The Mopar carrier isn’t adjustable - so it is going to leave your wheel/tire out where the parksense sensors can “see” it. Without seeing it - there is a chance it wasn’t installed correctly, but not likely, as it only goes on one way. I chose the Teraflex mainly because of its adjustability.

Probably worth pulling the spare to see if the issues go away, and if so, put the tire on with the wheel weights at the top to see if that will fix it. If it still has the error, might be worth looking at an adjustable carrier!
I am going to try everything before I bring it back to the dealer! I heard on other forums that it could be the valves where the TPMS sensor is but your saying it's the weights?
Sponsored