Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
My 2019 JLUR (Built April of 2019) has all the mentioned ports. USB-A and C marked USB 1 in the dash, USB A marked USB 2 in the console, and 2x USB-A and C on the back of the console (One marked USB-3 and one Charge Only).

Last edited:

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I just bought a 2021 JLU sport with the Technology group package and 7" touch screen. I have the usb ports on the dash and there is also a power point in the rear of the jeep on the drivers side. I'll have to look and see if there is usb under the flap.
I have a 2018 JLU Sport which definitely does not have the back seat USB. They could be referring to Sport Tech group adding extra 2 for backseat? My kids would sure like these!

Badweissenbier

First Name
Bad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR
My 2018 JLUR has the 4 on the back of the arm rest. Can’t remember the symbols and can’t check right now

JJSix

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2016 Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Actually the larger ones below are USB-A. USB-B is the squarish one:

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Adds Two Additional USB Ports? usb-guide
Ha! Totally mixed up A and B there as I forgot B exists, thanks!

Sponsored

Ezun

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Vehicle Showcase
You mean like these? :LOL:

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Adds Two Additional USB Ports? usb-guide

Got a pair on top of the dash too, just don't have a good pic handy. I think both of your suggestions would be great spots...
That looks really cool. What do the 3 lights do?

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
Let me begin with a few prefaces here. First, I tried searching for the answer already, but there was an insane number of returns on my search terms. Second, this is a pretty one-off question with very little actual importance.

Now that is out of the way, I was re-reading some of the press clippings when the 2021 model year was announced a few weeks ago (because who doesn't re-read jeep related things all day) and every single blog/article (probably based off the same single source) stated that the 2021 model year added two additional USB ports to the wrangler. Does anyone actually know if this is true? If it is, does anyone know where inside the cabin they are?
Well You sound like a hardcore off roader...

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
That looks really cool. What do the 3 lights do?
Flux capacitors
Well, almost as cool as flux capacitors... They're actually just lighted LED switches for auxiliary lighting. Intended use is setting up camp at night. One button is for my Brawlee liftgate light, one is for my rock lights, and one is for my backup/rear scene lights. The part that is cool, is that I used some clever diode work to make the on/off indicator rings illuminate/dim with the dome lights. Makes the switches easier to find in the dark. :)

And so long as I’m posting in this thread again, here’s how I approached the dash top USB ports...

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Adds Two Additional USB Ports? unnamed

OP
OP
Renhilio

Renhilio

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Well You sound like a hardcore off roader...
I know, I'm not rolling in an old CJ without a roof. Wanting clarity about an FCA press release on the current version of the wrangler makes me a total Karen. I just take solace in knowing that you real hardcore off roaders don't carry cell phones or Go Pros, and the first thing you do when you pick up a new JL is jam a stick into these YOUESSBEE thingamajigs.

Sponsored

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
And so long as I’m posting in this thread again, here’s how I approached the dash top USB ports...

unnamed.jpg
I know that USB port is a Blue Sea Systems, but whose panel is it in? Very clean install.
EDIT: I checked out some of your earlier posts, and see that it is a Voswitch.

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
I know that USB port is a Blue Sea Systems, but whose panel is it in? Very clean install.
It’s a Voswitch panel. Again some custom wiring was done as that slot was originally occupied by a switch, but I’m very happy with the way it all turned out.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Adds Two Additional USB Ports? 129CE866-E53B-42B0-95D1-F6539B3C9E53

Caymanedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
2021 JLUR only has a 12v plug in the cargo area. It is hot all the time. I already popped the panel and added a dual USB outlet for utility use. Very easy.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I can also confirm that my 2021 JLUR does not have the data usb in the back of the center console; they are all charge only.
Very odd for them to downgrade the third data port to a charge-only port.

edit: I wonder if there is a way to turn one of those charge ports back into a media port.
Sponsored