• Total voters

Keycub

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon
So finally I took my JlUr to the dealer with the pulling right and left problem (also loose passenger side freedom top).

They said for some reason all new jls has loose passenger side freedom top (do you guys have realized it? like the clippers are not tight like driver side)

they test drove it and decided to pull right and left happens because of the road crown.

they checked all track bars and stuff and said 2020 got all new updated stuff which as we know ending is AE.
I picked mine up on sat with a 900 mile ride home. The highway was no fun. Serious play 2-3 inches each way. Appointment on Monday. All front end parts are the updated one. So not sure. Already opened a case with Jeep cares. So we will see. Hopefully they don’t give me a hard time for new 35’s and rims.
Sponsored

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Do you know what fuse number???
It’s the “DO NOT TOUCH” unless you are absolutely sure you know what you’re doing number. If I’m not mistaken it’s one of the high current pole fuses, maybe N6 but it is high current and you can fry your whole electrical system including your PCM, body control module and various other electric components if you don’t know what you’re doing and aren’t extremely cautious. There’s not much I won’t do or try, but that’s one of them.

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I picked mine up on sat with a 900 mile ride home. The highway was no fun. Serious play 2-3 inches each way. Appointment on Monday. All front end parts are the updated one. So not sure. Already opened a case with Jeep cares. So we will see. Hopefully they don’t give me a hard time for new 35’s and rims.
Wait until you get your issues resolved before you add another equation into the mix. New wheels and 35s will most certainly make it worse and much harder to accurately diagnose the problem. They will just blame your wheels, tires and road crown and you’ll leave frustrated and unsatisfied

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
As you remember I was only comparing some of the road manners and attributing it to the suspension differences. As for "apples to oranges", I think it is more like apples to pears.

They are both lumbering, top-heavy, off-road capable machines. My 4Runner Trail will hang with the JLUR until you get to really technical stuff. They both have similar ground clearance (4Runner has Bilstein 5100s and leveled front end), V6 with the Toyota winning the torque battle, 4WD (Toyota's is very smart and very capable, better in snow, etc., Rubicon's more capable in the very rough due to ratios, etc.), both have front and rear lockers, AT (5sp vs 8sp), BFG KO2s, etc. The JKUR has a 9" longer wheel base, but the track widths are both right at 63". 4Runner trail curb weight is about 4600 lbs, the Rubicon is 4439 and I am not sure if that is measured with hardtop or soft top. Mine has hard top. The 4Runner is what people buy when they are afraid to buy a Jeep.

When I bought the 4Runner I immediately thought it did not handle as well as my '12 JKUR in the curves and such. The JKUR felt more responsive and the 4Runner felt very lumbering and top-heavy in the curves. On the highway, other than some noise and comfort, I never really thought much about the difference in handling because they were very similar at speed. However, with my '20 JKUR and some injected focus because of other's experiences on this forum, I am paying very close attention and do notice some difference between my two vehicles (I'm going to drive the 4Runner this morning and I will again be mentally comparing from the JKUR yesterday). Overall, my observation to date is that they are more similar than different and that slight difference in road manners is due to the suspension design as I said at the very beginning.
I get what you’re saying now!! Suspension wise the JK and JL are really not that much different, it’s the non adjustable hydro electric steering box That’s causing all these issues. I Worked out almost all of my steering issues, it’s been a trying five weeks of ownership I’ll tell you that. I still have a very small dead spot, but for the most part it drives and tracks great. If I keep this thing long-term, down the line I’ll either do a redneck Hydro assist or a PSC hydraulic steering box conversion.

Keycub

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon
Wait until you get your issues resolved before you add another equation into the mix. New wheels and 35s will most certainly make it worse and much harder to accurately diagnose the problem. They will just blame your wheels, tires and road crown and you’ll leave frustrated and unsatisfied
Thought about that. Service manager said no worries. He’s fixed enough to know tires make no difference as long as suspension has been altered.

Sponsored

Keycub

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon
Wrong answer brother, tires will absolutely 100000% make a huge difference!!
Agreed. But rather have it addressed how it will be driven. Just glad he’s cool about it

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Agreed. But rather have it addressed how it will be driven. Just glad he’s cool about it
That also makes sense!! Jeep says you can put 35’s on the JL so its basically approved. Just make sure you have them flash it for the correct tire size and make them responsible because down the line you don’t want them blaming any mechanical failures on your tires. Also look up the correct tire size on the manufactures website, 35s don’t actually come out to 35. My Ridge Grappler‘s come out to 34.7, the BFG KO2 34.4 etc. I had my dealer flash it before I got my tuner and they flashed it for 35.1 Because they were going by the 35×12.50 on the side wall.

Keycub

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon
That also makes sense!! Jeep says you can put 35’s on the JL so its basically approved. Just make sure you have them flash it for the correct tire size and make them responsible because down the line you don’t want them blaming any mechanical failures on your tires. Also look up the correct tire size on the manufactures website, 35s don’t actually come out to 35. My Ridge Grappler‘s come out to 34.7, the BFG KO2 34.4 etc. I had my dealer flash it before I got my tuner and they flashed it for 35.1 Because they were going by the 35×12.50 on the side wall.
I’m flashing for 315 c rated KO2’s. 34.4 I think you are right.

Chrissalexx

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punkn’ JLUR 2.0 ESS
I own a 2020 JLUR. Custom ordered a little over a month ago.
Currently at 27xx miles and I have had ZERO issues with steering. I live in Los Angeles, take it off roading every other weekend, and just came back from a trip to Sacramento and back. I’ve ran the psi as high as 42 psi and as low as 34 psi. My sweet spot is 39psi.
Time will tell if all steering components stay true, but as of now, I have zero complaints or problems.

Sponsored

Chrissalexx

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punkn’ JLUR 2.0 ESS
Currently at 27xx miles and I have had ZERO issues with steering. I live in Los Angeles, take it off roading every other weekend, and just came back from a trip to Sacramento and back. I’ve ran the psi as high as 42 psi and as low as 34 psi. My sweet spot is 39psi.
Time will tell if all steering components stay true, but as of now, I have zero complaints or problems.
I usually drive at the speed limit +5mph, but took it up to 97mph when the electronic speed limiter kicked in . Felt a little unstable at that speed, though. Anything under 85mph feels solid and tracks straight.

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I usually drive at the speed limit +5mph, but took it up to 97mph when the electronic speed limiter kicked in . Felt a little unstable at that speed, though. Anything under 85mph feels solid and tracks straight.
I like scotch

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Don’t hold your breath waiting for the connection to the buy back department, it doesn’t exist as far as I know. Hey JeepCares if you know of such a department let us know so we can get in line. . At least I got AE box with the V41 update. funny how it only made it worse.

On a more serious note, a big thanks to the jeepcares group. We know your doing all you can do working as a mediator and trying to keep the communication open between owners, dealers and FCA. We get it that you can’t always answer your phone and have lots of cases and no real authority to commit to anything. We know as individuals you’re probably as frustrated as we are. Just try to understand we as owners are playing by the rules and going to the dealer time after time hoping for a solution only to have the same old line told to us. No matter how high up the food chain you put us it’s always the same final answer,”no we can’t do anymore” case shut, game over, lights out, etc. I’ve gone to the top of the heap and thanks to my JeepCares rep had the regional person come out and look at it. Door still slammed in my face. I might have better understood this if Jeff had actually driven it more than 4 minutes before making a decision.
I have already been contacted by them—pleasantly surprised.

+1 on the Jeep Cares. My rep has been responsive and helpful.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I’ll admit to being envious. I’d love a Jeep that will drive properly.

Congratulations on the JLUR and you got it I the best color :rock:

Brandon3333

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Update 2020 JLU Rubicon Steering/Pull issue. So, went to the dealer today who finally got another 2020 JLU Rubicon. Test drove it - WOW...perfect...not one bit of a pull. Honestly, I let go of the steering wheel doing 70 mph and felt like I could stick my hands in my pockets...not pull whatsoever. Moreover, the left/right steering was equal (unlike mine that seems like it resists steering to the left).
So what was the difference? This was a 2.0L vs my 3.6L.
Question? Does anyone know if the steering box is different on a 2.0L vs 3.6L? I imagine since they are both Rubicon, the only difference is just the engine size, but are there any other differences in the suspension/front end that anyone 100% knows? (Please no guess responses...only if you are certain)
@JeepCares Hint...maybe you should look into this.
Sponsored