• Total voters

azhdar

First Name
Azhdar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 4dr
In case of if anyone hopeful that 2020 JLUR doesn't have the steering wheel issue, unfortunately, they have.

I got my 2020 JLUR delivered 2 weeks ago, I factory ordered it.

it has been 2 weeks, I am not driving on a highway too often, but even in city driving it goes right or left, so I gotta center it all the time. (tire 35-36psi)

Did I test drove it before taking out from the dealer? , yes I did. I asked them to lower f psi from 43 to 37psi however, my guess is stabilizer was doing its job when it was brand new, I wasn't even able to check play on steering after few tries steering was becoming tight.

Am I unhappy with my purchase? Hell no! Wrangler is my dream car, it is what it is, I gotta work with dealers till everything get fixed. I drove Honda Civic for 2 years with 0 issues, but now I feel 100 times more happy with my wrangler.

let me know about your 2020 jls
Sponsored

Last edited:

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Dang, all those people saying they were waiting for the 2020 and that it would be so much more improved. Can’t wait to hear what the 2021 crowd says, should be just as entertaining.

At any rate maybe the v41 will apply to you all too? Worth asking the dealership. It’s tightened mine back up but there is still a small dead space. I too had about 3-4”’s of dead space, like driving a battleship. But it reduced it by a large margin.

worth a shot.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was not as bad as my 2019, but not as good as a JK. For me, I first dropped tire pressure to 32lbs. Then I swapped out to the Fox Factory Race ATS steering stabilizer, this also helped. The last thing I have done is perform the Mopar lift LCA swap. This made the biggest difference, and dollar for dollar has been the best thing I have done for my Jeep. My steering wheel still has about 3/4 to 1" of what people call the dead spot that seems to be the result of all the cumulative play in the factory drag link, track bar and tie rods. However, I can drive 75mph on the highway, and on crappy smaller roads with no issues.

After the LCA I had my wife drive it without telling her I changed anything, right away she asked what I did because it drove so much better. I have the ATS on 19, so it is a lot firmer than the factory stabilizer and with the Mopar LCA it tracks perfectly straight and when returns to center with no issues.

I will be swapping the remaining factory steering components when I decide on what small lift I will be running,

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I’m honestly not sure. Coming from a 10 Sahara Unlimited. My 20 JLUR steering almost seems TOO sensitive. Like turning it from 12 to 11 moves the Jeep over 3 lanes. TP set @36.

Sponsored

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I just purchased updated track bar with stiffer bushings from jeep along with an updated drag link. it's suppose to fix the wandering issues

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
Mine had some travel for the first day and then it settled in. So maybe I’m the odd one. But same happened with my 18. It actually got worse after they did the recall.

oasisblue8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Mine had some travel for the first day and then it settled in. So maybe I’m the odd one. But same happened with my 18. It actually got worse after they did the recall.
So maybe there's hope. I'm kinda nervous. I haven't had a Jeep since the mid 90's and I was ready to place an order next week at Criswell. But now I'm not so sure. I don't want to have a brand new vehicle that is unsafe on highways or that needs to be brought in to be fixed so many times.

Sorry, I'm not adding to this discussion, just venting really. I'm disappointed.

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Have not seen this question posted, but has anyone looked at the location and roads that people drive that are having this issue? What I am saying is are the roads more "crowned" in some states/cities then others in the US. A crowned road can be very difficult for a vehicle to track straight. I have been running my JLUR at 37-38 nitro air (nitro makes no difference just a free perk from dealer) from day 1 and 18k miles later it drives straight and true even hands off it tracks straight and predictable (I did the recall but noticed no difference)

Sponsored

oasisblue8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Have not seen this question posted, but has anyone looked at the location and roads that people drive that are having this issue? What I am saying is are the roads more "crowned" in some states/cities then others in the US. A crowned road can be very difficult for a vehicle to track straight. I have been running my JLUR at 37-38 nitro air (nitro makes no difference just a free perk from dealer) from day 1 and 18k miles later it drives straight and true even hands off it tracks straight and predictable (I did the recall but noticed no difference)
That's great. I hope I experience the same. Before ordering I think I'm going to test drive a bunch more now, especially on the highway. And if some have this awful steering issue, I think I'm going to wait another year and cross my fingers that FCA addresses this. I wish dealers and others would stop saying that it's "a Jeep thing." I drove a YJ for damn near 6 years so I know what Jeep steering used to be like.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
That's great. I hope I experience the same. Before ordering I think I'm going to test drive a bunch more now, especially on the highway. And if some have this awful steering issue, I think I'm going to wait another year and cross my fingers that FCA addresses this. I wish dealers and others would stop saying that it's "a Jeep thing." I drove a YJ for damn near 6 years so I know what Jeep steering used to be like.
It's an easy fix, I wouldn't wait another year for something i could fix myself in an hour.
https://www.quadratec.com/p/fox-rac...es-2-ats-steering-stabilizer-jeep-wrangler-jl

oasisblue8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
Steering stabilizers will not improve the side to side tracking. They will soften the impact of bump and help alleviate a wobble. There is no definitive fix for the tracking issue.
You either get a good jeep or a bad one. Past surveys show about 25% have problems.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase