Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Don't you think the engineers would of thought of that? Steering and suspension have been a sometime occurrence for decades but not on most. And none of the backyard mechanuc solutions have worked for everyone.
Now that Bronco is going with IFS as have G Wagon and others maybe Jeep will get rid of the solid axle to the great consternation of the "hard core" Jeepers that will consider that heresy.
Sponsored

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
if that was the cause of the looseness than all jeeps would have the. same problem. The Synergy sector brace is an item that helps keep the steering box from moving.

wouldn't it be cool if IFS was an option from the Jeep dealers ?

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
if that was the cause of the looseness than all jeeps would have the. same problem. The Synergy sector brace is an item that helps keep the steering box from moving.

wouldn't it be cool if IFS was an option from the Jeep dealers ?
Watch out... people will bamboozle you for saying these things on the forum.

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Watch out... people will bamboozle you for saying these things on the forum.
iā€™ve been around this forum long enough to know who to listen to and who to not to pay attention to.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
are the dealers admitting the 2020 has issues... i got mine as one of the first to roll of the line.. and 5 visits they swore it was fixed.. i then put 1k into my steering parts and it was better for a bit but getting worse again.. running tires low pressure helps.. but doesn't fix.. is it worth taking back to dealer now that some time has passed?

Sponsored

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
a interesting spin, i hear through a very credible source that fca issued a tech bulletin this week which addresses wandering and pulling to the right. itā€™s a combination of steering gear parts (or adjustment) and a computer software update. Dealers may not be aware of this yet and the parts and procedures are not yet established.

I donā€™t know what it entails, or what will come of this.

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
a interesting spin, i hear through a very credible source that fca issued a tech bulletin this week which addresses wandering and pulling to the right. itā€™s a combination of steering gear parts (or adjustment) and a computer software update. Dealers may not be aware of this yet and the parts and procedures are not yet established.

I donā€™t know what it entails, or what will come of this.
E6D66828-1E77-459B-A8B8-19F38CEFD72F.png

85E24644-E8AF-4E69-ABA4-ED346601F137.png

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
So the dealer confirmed the service bulletin, and has agreed to replace the steering box and flash the steering fluid pump to update it.. so o think my 400 dollar bi directional steering stabilizer got ruined by the old steering box... should I see if @JeepCares would heā€™ll me with a credit towards a new steering stabilizer

SimpleAce

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
For 2020 owners, how is the steering? Has it been resolved? Any problems? My Sahara is scheduled for delivery in a few weeks, so Iā€™m hoping this has been fixed.
I took delivery in early September of a ā€˜20 Sahara with 2.0L. I am not having any steering issues.
I took delivery of a 20' JLU Sahara 3.6 end of October and do not have any steering issues

I got my 2020 in Jan and do not have much steering issues either but im still getting it replaced, however this new part was not included in any 20s. Its only in 2021 builds starting now.
Sponsored