Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 Ecoboost 2018 2-door Rubicon 2013 Range Rover Evoque
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I'm very confused. I ordered a 2020 wrangler sport s 2.0. I was deciding between a black 19 or a 20 sting gray. I ultimately went with the 2020 as they were giving me a better deal on it. I was never once told that the model didnt have the etorque system.. so after reading, my jeep does not have the etorque system??
Only Sahara's have eTorque for 2020
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
wow I'm pretty upset about that. feel like I was lied to.
Honestly, for me, I'd prefer it without it. Lots of complexity there.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
yea great point. wish I was more informed by the salesman. just adds to the crappy experience I had.
Yep, but drive that Jeep and you'll forget about it. Lots of power in that 2.0 and you don't have to worry about a 24v electrical system with cooling lines running underneath just waiting to hang up on a rock or branch.

Sponsored

bval001

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport s
Yep, but drive that Jeep and you'll forget about it. Lots of power in that 2.0 and you don't have to worry about a 24v electrical system with cooling lines running underneath just waiting to hang up on a rock or branch.
ok I feel better . yea I was going to say before reading the thread I would have had no idea. love the power of the 2.0. HUGE upgrade from my inline 6 WJ!

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Not trying to make you feel bad, but I wouldn't buy a 2.0L without eTorque. Zero Turbo lag. Start/stop is seamless.
Coolant lines are out of the way. I have a Rubicon and never had issues with it off-road.
Yes, more Complex, but it doesn't scare me. I use to be a mechanic, now an engineer.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Yeah... if you’re hanging up on the coolant lines, you have bigger problems more than likely.

There’s a skid plate protecting the battery and about a foot of the lines until they cross over the exhaust. From there they run back up to the engine on the inside of the driver frame rail like many vehicles’ fuel lines.

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 2.0 Sport S Granite
Looks like the LED package is available for the Sport S as well, I see it selectable when doing a build. Doesn't look like DRLs are part of it though, can anyone confirm? I wonder if they'll be direct swappable to the first generation 2.0.

bval001

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport s
Looks like the LED package is available for the Sport S as well, I see it selectable when doing a build. Doesn't look like DRLs are part of it though, can anyone confirm? I wonder if they'll be direct swappable to the first generation 2.0.
yes I have the LED light package with my sport s. It includes LED headlights and fog lights. the side markers/turn signals /drls are halogen as well as the taillights

Sponsored

bval001

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport s
Not trying to make you feel bad, but I wouldn't buy a 2.0L without eTorque. Zero Turbo lag. Start/stop is seamless.
Coolant lines are out of the way. I have a Rubicon and never had issues with it off-road.
Yes, more Complex, but it doesn't scare me. I use to be a mechanic, now an engineer.
so the horsepower and torque numbers are unaffected whether the jeep has etorque or not ? correct ?

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 2.0 Sport S Granite
yes I have the LED light package with my sport s. It includes LED headlights and fog lights. the side markers/turn signals /drls are halogen as well as the taillights
Nice thanks for the info. I'd like to have DRLs and factory LEDs on my 2018 but I believe it's also a software option issue (on top of hardware and wiring), I need to read up on it more but I believe it's selectable using a Tazer. I'm going to wait to see if anyone swaps the 2020 lights into the 2018 and what's involved.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
so the horsepower and torque numbers are unaffected whether the jeep has etorque or not ? correct ?
Yes, that is correct. So 70 lbft are added for one half of a tire rotation from a stop if it operates exactly like the Ram is explained and contributes up to 1500 rpm at that standing start.

Last edited:

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Peak numbers, yes they are the same.
From idle to 1500 RPM it gives 70 lb/ft.
Noticeable when cruising and come to a slightght hill, without cruise control on it will maintain RPM.
Also regenerative engine breaking. With cruise control on it will add a load to the engine to help maintain speed when going down a hill/mountain.

Last edited:

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
Don’t know difference but mine is lifted with heavy 35s 76lbs and is still very quick if spooled right. No complaints
Sponsored