2019 JLU Rubicon Alpine

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
The real question is why would you ever order that combo? The 8.4” screen was only what, $200 more? It comes with a ton of extra features, and it looks great.

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
The real question is why would you ever order that combo? The 8.4” screen was only what, $200 more? It comes with a ton of extra features, and it looks great.
As I mentioned earlier in this thread, and several times on this forum, it is my understanding that the 8.4" is the only system that allows over the air updates from FCA. And I'm not very comfortable with FCA pushing new software to me jeep without my consent, or having to tell it I don't want the update every time I turn it on like my iPhone. That being said, I'm not 100% on this and haven't ordered yet, and if someone figures out how to disable the cell connection I'd get the 8.4 no question ;)

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
I ordered that combo. I’m not a technology geek. Many features on the 8.4 would be a complete waste on me, plus the hassle of canceling subscriptions to the services before they automatically renewed, etc. However I do like my music, and the 7 inch with Alpine sounds great.
My girlfriend wishes I had the 8.4 instead of the 7, but maybe she was talking about something else....:(

OP
OP

Rubi111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
I wanted 8.4” screen...but all the car already built and waiting at somewhere in the lot in Canada, this was the closest one with all options I want.
I could have ordered and built exactly what I wanted, but I couldn’t wait. So I took this one:sun:

Sponsored

Papi4baby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Theres no subscription to cancel, once they are done they are done. You can renew, but you dont give your credit card at any time for a auto renewal service.

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
I wanted 8.4” screen...but all the car already built and waiting at somewhere in the lot in Canada, this was the closest one with all options I want.
I could have ordered and built exactly what I wanted, but I couldn’t wait. So I took this one:sun:
^this, almost exactly (MN is close enough to Canada)

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Is there something sinister I should be worried about with these automatic pushed s/w loads in my 8.4" screen?

Sponsored

Mrcake3014

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Hi, I have a question.
I ordered 2019 JLU Rubicon today.

This car doesn’t have Uconnect 8.4inch, but has 7inch screen Uconnect.
And it has Alpine premium audio system as an option also.
My question is, does this car has 10’ sub woofer ( 9 speakers )?
Or even there is an Alpine premium audio system, it’s still 8 speakers? (No sub woofer?)
Please let me know if someone knows about this.

Thank you!
Don't expect a lot out of the PREMIUM Alpine system. I'm very disappointed in it. I would hate to hear the standard audio in the car.

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
Unlike power windows, power locks, sway bar disconnect and locking Differentials.....The Alpine Premium Entertainment system will probably be used EVERY time you get in your jeep. As an option it makes more sense to invest in this option over some of the others. I love mine and am so glad that I ordered it....worth every penny! ! ENJOY THE RIDE!

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
Consider the 8.4" if you ordered or want Alpine. I'd change your order and add the 8.4" Infotainment for a few hundred more. Along with the Alpine, you will get the Nav, better screen, U-Connect apps, Guardian, other features. And Active Noise Canceling if your ordered the 2.0.
Spot on recommendation! He should change his order and get so much more for just another $300.
Sponsored