Sponsored

2019 JLU with 7' base audio w/ Alpine Power Pack (is it possible)

cmc.703

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
*Edit:
I think I answered my own question. It seems there's a company called Axxess that sells a T-harness so I don't have to splice the factory harness. the part # is AX-DSP-CH5.

Hey everyone, just a quick question for anyone who may be able to answer.

Has anyone here been able to install an Alpine Power Pack KTP-445u without splicing into the factory harness?

I have a 2019 JLU with the 7' display (non alpine premium) and I want to install an Alpine Power Pack KTP-445u on the factory base radio and factory speakers. I do not want to cut and splice into the factory harness unless I have to, but it looks like that is the only way to wire up the Power Pack. Metra's website does not list a plug and splice harnesses for the 2019 JLU but it does list the 2018 model.

I have searched this forum and found a very helpful thread with all the electrical schematics for my Jeep. So Im assuming all I would need to do is cut the factory harness, run the corresponding speaker wires from the plug on the factory audio unit to the input side of the alpine power pack, and then run wire from the output side of the power pack into the body harness.

Seems like it would be fairly straight forward.

If anyone has any info they would like to share about the install process it would be greatly appreciated !!
Sponsored

Last edited:

JLsport2019

Get the Kicker "Key" 180.4 with DSP instead of that Alpine PowerPack.

Same size amp!
It's suppose to do wonders with factory speakers. Videos all over YT for reviews.

OP
OP
cmc.703

cmc.703

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Get the Kicker "Key" 180.4 with DSP instead of that Alpine PowerPack.

Same size amp!
It's suppose to do wonders with factory speakers. Videos all over YT for reviews.
Ah sweet !! It's twice the price of the Alpine but I do like the added features over the power pack. Time aligning, eq and a built in limiter. I'll look into it. Thanks for letting me know!! I'll post an update here after I decide which route to go and details about my installation. I may add the kicker hideaway too.

Is there a special bracket I can purchase that will attach to the bottom of my seat to mount something like the hideaway?

JLsport2019

Ah sweet !! It's twice the price of the Alpine but I do like the added features over the power pack. Time aligning, eq and a built in limiter. I'll look into it. Thanks for letting me know!! I'll post an update here after I decide which route to go and details about my installation. I may add the kicker hideaway too.

Is there a special bracket I can purchase that will attach to the bottom of my seat to mount something like the hideaway?

Yes ..please let us know.
If I had to start all over again I would of done this route!!!!
Sponsored