Sponsored

2018 Wish List

pjs

Threads
Reaction score
  • one of my most import thing is that i need is a seven seat wrangler (and not the teraflex seat third option) if not i need to get a 4runner
  • more power after having 3 jk and a tj lifted and big tires 35s and even 38s more power would nice
  • more tow power how the hell is having a jku and a 3500 tow capacity any good
  • a better navigation/ entertainment system android/ apple play
  • a fix to death wobble :mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • more comfortable rear seats i never seat in the back of the wrangler(JKU) but everyone that goes back complains over long trips maybe more roomier
  • i think a power rear window i thing it would be nice
  • the option on led or regular bulbs for headlight and other lights
Sponsored

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Reliability and an increase in build quality of some type would be nice.

Yes, all experience is apocryphal, but my experience in Wrangler ownership was it returning to the dealer for warranty work at least once a month for the three years I owned it, not to mention water leaks galore when it rained (and none from the tops), something Jeep should have down by now.

My FJ Cruiser, by comparison, required only a recall fix. (Also 6'1 here with a 34" inseam and I can and have driven the FJ for double digits of hours in complete and total comfort. Never had any issues in a 2-door TJ, haven't driven a 2-door JK for more than six hours.)

Given the FJ already has 100K miles on it, I suspect its replacement will be a JL of some type as I refuse to purchase a vehicle with an automatic transmission and Toyota's only stick 4WD is a Tacoma pickup, and I don't buy vehicles with rear drums, either. :)

I don't understand why anyone would want the option of halogen headlights when LEDs are superior in just about every way I can think of.

CorpCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Quad Cab

Yes, all experience is apocryphal, but my experience in Wrangler ownership was it returning to the dealer for warranty work at least once a month for the three years I owned it, not to mention water leaks galore when it rained (and none from the tops), something Jeep should have down by now.

My FJ Cruiser, by comparison, required only a recall fix. (Also 6'1 here with a 34" inseam and I can and have driven the FJ for double digits of hours in complete and total comfort. Never had any issues in a 2-door TJ, haven't driven a 2-door JK for more than six hours.)

Given the FJ already has 100K miles on it, I suspect its replacement will be a JL of some type as I refuse to purchase a vehicle with an automatic transmission and Toyota's only stick 4WD is a Tacoma pickup, and I don't buy vehicles with rear drums, either. :)

I don't understand why anyone would want the option of halogen headlights when LEDs are superior in just about every way I can think of.
Manual is a dying transmission and Jeep is smart to continue offering it for the JL. I suspect a lot of manual only drivers flock to the Wrangler for that reason as less and less cars are offered with it.

The FJ was always going to be more reliable, it's a Toyota after all. But I'm hoping for big reliability improvements for the JL also. Jeep brand overall ranked near the bottom of all brands in reliability :(

You traded your Wrangler in for the FJ? Despite reliability, did you miss the Wrangler? Always wondered how they compared from an actual owners perspective.

2016_vds_rank_1.jpg

Uptonogood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ

Curious, what issues were you having with your Wrangler besides water leaks? What year/model did you have? Mine has been going strong for almost 80k miles besides the oil cooler leaking years back.

Btw agreed about the water leaks but I'd think that will for sure be addressed by this new roof design and hopefully more robust construction there. From the sounds of it it'll be a lot less of a manual process.

JJ75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
  • one of my most import thing is that i need is a seven seat wrangler (and not the teraflex seat third option) if not i need to get a 4runner
  • more power after having 3 jk and a tj lifted and big tires 35s and even 38s more power would nice
  • more tow power how the hell is having a jku and a 3500 tow capacity any good
  • a better navigation/ entertainment system android/ apple play
  • a fix to death wobble :mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • more comfortable rear seats i never seat in the back of the wrangler(JKU) but everyone that goes back complains over long trips maybe more roomier
  • i think a power rear window i thing it would be nice
  • the option on led or regular bulbs for headlight and other lights
Most of the stuff listed here would never be offered from the factory or be standard on a Wrangler. The extra seat and lifted/big tires are strictly aftermarket. It adds weight and also decreases fuel efficiency which is a big no no in this day and age. i agree with the improved towing capacity and LED option and I think we'll get both. Never had any complaints about the JKU's back seat comfort, i feel it is fine, but I'm sure over all comfort and drivability will improve on the JL. I think they told the media that it would.

Sponsored

Raylan Givens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Two models I would like to see are a base model with all the Rubicon features available and a luxury model. Many are willing to pay extra for all the King Ranch, Platinum, and Denali packages on trucks, it would be a a competitor to the upcoming Land Rover models. The Rubicon options on a base model would allow those who just want the capability without the huge price tag to spend well under $40,000 on a vehicle that is going to leave the pavement on a regular basis.

Chinster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wants: Decreased NVH, better fuel economy, 5000 pound tow rating.

No reason they can't do these things without diminish the off road capabilities or lessening the aftermarket appeal of the car. Less wind noise, tire noise, lighter and sips less gas. I'm sold.

Corduroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Cherokee
Two models I would like to see are a base model with all the Rubicon features available and a luxury model. Many are willing to pay extra for all the King Ranch, Platinum, and Denali packages on trucks, it would be a a competitor to the upcoming Land Rover models. The Rubicon options on a base model would allow those who just want the capability without the huge price tag to spend well under $40,000 on a vehicle that is going to leave the pavement on a regular basis.
The more 4 doors they sell and more owners using it as their daily/commuter, the more likely this is becoming. Without diluting the brand I think it can stand to be slightly more comfortable and road friendly without becoming a luxury cruiser.

Sport11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
I'm with the guys that asked for a drop tailgate. Hard to transport anything longer than 4-5 feet with a swinging tailgate.

And I'd like a better roof. Open air ability is cool but it needs better functionality. Trunk isn't very useful with soft top on. Both hard and soft tops drip water when opening door. And both tops take too long to take on and off.

Sport11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Forgot to mention removable windows on the hardtop would be high on my list too. The clay scale model concept showed handle inserts to remove the windows on the hardtop so thats encouraging to see its been considered.

Sponsored

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Curious, what issues were you having with your Wrangler besides water leaks? What year/model did you have? Mine has been going strong for almost 80k miles besides the oil cooler leaking years back.
Freezing AC evaporator, driveshaft replaced multiple times for forward to reverse clunk, miscellaneous electrical glitches including loss of all dashboard gauges, replacement of steering wheel clock spring, replacement of steering wheel horn switch, replacement of driver and passenger seat belts for failure to retract, replacement of various window weatherstrip pieces that fell off, replacement of engine oil seal, replacement of multiple rear axle seals for dripping, and those are just off the top of my head.

1997 Wrangler Sport (TJ).

SteveC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK, Ford Explorer
I'm not looking for much just want them to fix all the nagging probs many of us have on the JK (leaky tops, fuel overflow, steering knock, hood flutter, etc) before we get into NEW features.

Also I'd like to save money on basic things that should have come standard on the JK.. grab handles and hood latches that don't suck, door sill entry guards, door hinges w/ 2-3 stop positions, security lock boxes, bigger tires, better sound system.. just off the top of my head..

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I'm not looking for much just want them to fix all the nagging probs many of us have on the JK (leaky tops, fuel overflow, steering knock, hood flutter, etc) before we get into NEW features.

Also I'd like to save money on basic things that should have come standard on the JK.. grab handles and hood latches that don't suck, door sill entry guards, door hinges w/ 2-3 stop positions, security lock boxes, bigger tires, better sound system.. just off the top of my head..
I would disagree with several of your standard items; I have no need for grab handles, the hood latches work perfectly fine (Hood flutter? Does it matter if the hood doesn't actually come flying up?), door "hinges" other than a strap are not needed (if they want to sew three positions into the strap, that works), and the rest should be options (I never bought a Tuffy and I wouldn't check the option boxes either; the better approach is to never keep anything in value in a vehicle that can be broken into with a screwdriver or pocket knife.)

A better sound system would be nice, but anything Chrysler can drop in will be beaten by an aftermarket system costing half the price.

On the other hand, a nav system with 4WD trails built in would be pretty cool, as most GPS units don't and phone map apps usually won't work where there are no cell towers.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase

I 2nd this. The hood latches are crap on the current JK any hwy driving in a 10mph + wind and the hood looks like its going to rip off. Door stills would be nice to mud/dirt out from between the carpet and body, doors that stay open on a hill would be awesome for loading stuff in the car or on windy days not having the door slam in your face.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
A better sound system would be nice, but anything Chrysler can drop in will be beaten by an aftermarket system costing half the price.
I disagree with this. If your 20 and looking to have a bumping system so that everyone around you at the stop light looks at you, your correct, but if you just want a quality all around sound system the factory systems in a lot of cars these days are awesome. Also they are fully warrantied, and dont require splicing and crimping your wiring,
Sponsored