Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I have to agree with that one. I originally went to my CDJR dealer, on a whim, to test drive a new JLU. I didn't give the downmarket-ish aesthetic of the showroom much thought until I began to digest the average sticker prices of the vehicles they were selling.

I still wonder if or how they'll attempt to meet the expectations of the folks to whom they expect to sell the high five/low six figure(!) Grand Wagoneers now arriving on the lot.
Wagoneer is an experiment that must be keeping Jeep executives up at night.

While it is easy for a brand, any brand, to expand downmarket (e.g., Renegade, Compass), it is extremely difficult to move upmarket.

For a brand, any brand, to successfully expand upmarket, it needs EVERYTHING to pull together: the brand, the product, the marketing, the dealers. In Wagoneer’s case, the brand and the product are —arguably— there. Unfortunately, the marketing appears to be non-existent, and the dealers keep doing business as usual. I’d say their chance of success at this point is 50-50 at best.

If the experiment fails, then the finger-pointing starts: people get reassigned, leave or get fired; budgets get slashed; launches get delayed or put off indefinitely...
Sponsored

Last edited:

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I wish Jeep implemented a short survey to be filled out before buying a Wrangler.

One of the questions would be:

Do you think 20+ inch rims belong on a Wrangler?

🔲 No -> proceed to next question
🔲 Yes -> go back to showroom to look at another vehicle

vegasblue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Every other SUV on the market comes with solid axles and removable tops, doors and can can survive 40” or whatever of water fording and such? No. So no, I don’t want any other SUV.

The creature comforts that come standard for everyone nowadays though (to include all the SUVs), yes I want.

If a $20K Corolla can come with all this stuff, a $45K Jeep can.
I would say a large portion of what is important to you above is what in fact does cost more than a Corolla. I'd guess the solid axles cost more than the little independent wishbones on a Corolla. Or the frame costs more than the global platform Toyota uses. Truth be told car prices started climbing to insane amounts when all the doo-dads were added. If a vehicle was built more like a machine and less like a wheeled computer, they would not cost quite as much. Couple that with the reality that each new model seems to bloat more and more, you can see where this goes. There are admittedly misses with the Wrangler, it's not perfect for sure. I've owned everything from Toyota to BMW and Mercedes. Funny how 95% of those gizmos cars come with are either defeated, or simply not used. But as consumers, we are sure happy we have them, and pay for them, even if we don't ultimately use them. I'd rather the R&D go into mechanicals on the Wranger, retain some creature comforts, but abstain from safety nannies and butt warmers. To appease both of us, load up the Sahara with every dealybob whirlydoo, and make the Rubicon more mechanically stout with A/C and auto up/down windows. One great option on mine? The "Screen Off" button.

NMPirate

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old go-cart from 1973
Occupation
King Shit of Turd Island
I would like to see Jeep keep the bright and happy colors longer than 3 months at a time on the order sheets. Not everyone likes white and the 50 shades of grey. It gets a little boring seeing drab colors and shades at every stop light.

kermitjewel

Threads
Reaction score
anywhere, but always flipping off moderators
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito,
What kind of trailer is that ? Looks like it’s just enough, without being too much. It it trail rated ?
livin lite 6.0 (Coleman Model)with off road suspension and tires
a/c, fuse panel inside (picked it up for 3000$ had been barely used at that point)

Jeep Wrangler JL Wish List for Jeep brand 20210208_122413

Sponsored

Wraif

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 2-door manual Rubicon, 09 JKU
livin lite 6.0 (Coleman Model)with off road suspension and tires
a/c, fuse panel inside (picked it up for 3000$ had been barely used at that point)

Jeep Wrangler JL Wish List for Jeep brand 20210208_122413
I had seen that, wasn’t sure it was what I thought it was. When it’s closed up, is there enough room inside to pack what you need ? I’m looking for me, my wife and daughter. Just wanna know if it’s enough. Thanks, any other info is great too.

kermitjewel

Threads
Reaction score
anywhere, but always flipping off moderators
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito,
I had seen that, wasn’t sure it was what I thought it was. When it’s closed up, is there enough room inside to pack what you need ? I’m looking for me, my wife and daughter. Just wanna know if it’s enough. Thanks, any other info is great too.
yes room for some things, under the seat, and the floor area is fairly open when closed, bedding clothes fit there, and rack on back to tie stuff down to. fully fused electrical, ac is nice

Wraif

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 2-door manual Rubicon, 09 JKU
yes room for some things, under the seat, and the floor area is fairly open when closed, bedding clothes fit there, and rack on back to tie stuff down to. fully fused electrical, ac is nice
Sounds great, 1 more question if you don’t mind. Rate it 1-10 stars ?

HeisenbergFX4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4XE 2021 Infinity QX80
Maybe already mentioned but being an older guy at 55 with not the best back in the world I really appreciate how much lighter the doors on the Bronco are and hope Jeep follows their lead in that area