Wish List for Jeep brand

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
While I am at it, can you get a PU with a manual shift TC, not a stupid electronic shift knob anymore?
I was pleased that the Wrangler retained that particular analog feature.

Isn't it true, though, that those of us with automatics in our Jeeps have the same shift-by-wire gear selection as what the electronic transfer case knobs provide? That's what makes the AutoShift feature possible, IIRC. I'm happy to be corrected if this is inaccuate.
Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
I was pleased that the Wrangler retained that particular analog feature.

Isn't it true, though, that those of us with automatics in our Jeeps have the same shift-by-wire gear selection as what the electronic transfer case knobs provide? That's what makes the AutoShift feature possible, IIRC. I'm happy to be corrected if this is inaccuate.
No fault direct shift was too simple, we now have to rely on an array of electronics to function properly.

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Mons, Belgium (originally, Sn Antonio, TX)
Vehicle(s)
22 JLU Sport; 22 JLU Willys Sport
Occupation
USAF
I fold the windshield down somewhat frequently around town. I also would not buy a vehicle with adaptive cruise and if I had the option to get only half doors without power windows as standard or either or option, I would have gone that route. Also for the $3k, your getting more then just power windows, you get AC if I recall.
JLUs come with A/C standard. The JLs are what you have to add it to and even then you can get that on the Sports for like $1500 or something (another thing that is silly in todays age).

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
USAF
Soooo, you want any other SUV on the market? I had a commuter 2019 Accord with all this crap on it. I turned it all off. So damn annoying. They would have to change the sticker on the hood from Rubicon to Pampers.

I'd rather them put the dollars towards making the Jeep more stout. For the life of me I can't understand why people want all these nannies. I'm somewhere in the middle I guess. I do like the push button start and rearview camera. I digress.

In other news, I get surveys from Jeep all the time. This question gave me pause...

1..JPG
Every other SUV on the market comes with solid axles and removable tops, doors and can can survive 40” or whatever of water fording and such? No. So no, I don’t want any other SUV.

The creature comforts that come standard for everyone nowadays though (to include all the SUVs), yes I want.

If a $20K Corolla can come with all this stuff, a $45K Jeep can.

Reactions: AFD

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
USAF
I fold the windshield down somewhat frequently around town. I also would not buy a vehicle with adaptive cruise and if I had the option to get only half doors without power windows as standard or either or option, I would have gone that route. Also for the $3k, your getting more then just power windows, you get AC if I recall.
Side note, I’m genuinely curious why you fold your windshield down? I see no point in doing so, personally, but maybe I’m missing something? Is it just for the party trick aspect of being able to do so? Do kids and elderly veterans love it? Not trying to be a jerk, I’m really curious to why anyone would do this regularly especially around town.

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
The creature comforts that come standard for everyone nowadays though (to include all the SUVs), yes I want.

If a $20K Corolla can come with all this stuff, a $45K Jeep can.
The thing is, a $45K Jeep without these standard features will likely fly right past $50K+ when such baubles are made compulsory. This has the detrimental effect of pricing out those buyers who don't need or want to pay for such fluff, but now have no choice in the matter. Wranglers are already comparatively expensive. Why advocate making this worse than it already is?

And so we'll continue to debate the matter amongst ourselves, figuring -- probably correctly -- that the Fluffers won't willingly volunteer to compensate the rest of us for the now-bloated pricing that the Fluffers themselves brought about, if or when their lobbying for Even More Crap! ever succeeds.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Side note, I’m genuinely curious why you fold your windshield down? I see no point in doing so, personally, but maybe I’m missing something? Is it just for the party trick aspect of being able to do so? Do kids and elderly veterans love it? Not trying to be a jerk, I’m really curious to why anyone would do this regularly especially around town.
Because I can and enjoy it. Probably on the same justification as having a Scar 16 when any of my half dozen ARs is just as good.

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
USAF
The thing is, a $45K Jeep without these standard features will likely fly right past $50K+ when such baubles are made compulsory. This has the detrimental effect of pricing out those buyers who don't need or want to pay for such fluff, but now have no choice in the matter. Wranglers are already comparatively expensive. Why advocate making this worse than it already is?

And so we'll continue to debate the matter amongst ourselves, figuring -- probably correctly -- that the Fluffers won't willingly volunteer to compensate the rest of us for the now-bloated pricing that the Fluffers themselves brought about, if or when their lobbying for Even More Crap! ever succeeds.
I can understand that, but if that’s Jeep’s logic going forward that all the “fluffers” should just be added on and not become the standard going forward (as in the price doesn’t increase monumentally because everything on the road has standard X, Y, and Z “fluffers” and their prices didn’t skyrocket). Then there’s a problem with the brand (which wouldn’t surprise me if they do this, as a lot of complaints in here are about dealerships as a whole, so I’m sure corporate Jeep would do this). So I guess I should re-phrase my original post to where the problem is Jeep gouging for these “fluffers” on our Jeeps and should price everything more reasonably.

If Toyota, Honda, Hyundai, whatever are still cheap with all the safety items/“fluffers” there’s no reason why Jeep needs to up charge so much as they do for the same things being standard for us.

Reactions: AFD

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I guess I should re-phrase my original post to where the problem is Jeep gouging for these “fluffers” on our Jeeps and should price everything more reasonably.

If Toyota, Honda, Hyundai, whatever are still cheap with all the safety items/“fluffers” there’s no reason why Jeep needs to up charge so much as they do for the same things being standard for us.
Agree completely, Kenny. đź‘Ť

GO_RV

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Sahara JLU
I have one more wish
1. If you remove your tire pressure sensor caps and put on an external TPSM for towing so you can monitor the pressures in the RV, when you put the caps back on your tires have the UConnect app not keep telling you to have your TPSM serviced.
i still have the yellow alert because I removed the caps. It will not go away.
Jeep Wrangler JL Wish List for Jeep brand E4F8450B-CFC5-4A2D-838C-B8952E2E902E

Sponsored

GO_RV

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Sahara JLU
One last wish and it’s a big one.
coming from my 2004 Jeep Liberty Columbia edition I wish they copy the steering system from the 2004-2006 Liberties.
It’s a big difference and I need to get used to the super play in the steering in the JL. I can’t figure out why would have this steering system unless you need loose steering for off road

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I can understand that, but if that’s Jeep’s logic going forward that all the “fluffers” should just be added on and not become the standard going forward (as in the price doesn’t increase monumentally because everything on the road has standard X, Y, and Z “fluffers” and their prices didn’t skyrocket). Then there’s a problem with the brand (which wouldn’t surprise me if they do this, as a lot of complaints in here are about dealerships as a whole, so I’m sure corporate Jeep would do this). So I guess I should re-phrase my original post to where the problem is Jeep gouging for these “fluffers” on our Jeeps and should price everything more reasonably.

Yeah. I predict the day I decide to leave Jeep, after 25+ years, it will be due to Jeep’s boundless greed.

I’m finding it increasingly difficult to justify getting nickel-and-dimed to death for the privilege of owning a Jeep, when I can get newer technology, more features, greater comfort and more consistent quality for less money pretty much anywhere else —well, perhaps with the exception of Ford.

And it is not like dealers are even trying to keep up with Jeep’s upward mobility. In fact, their customer treatment seems to be going in the exact opposite direction.

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
Problem: I want the open air experience of sides all around open while also being able to close the Jeep up in a way that does not obstruct visibility, that is well sealed at all speeds, that doesn’t require adjustments, and built to last.

Translation: Half doors and soft top is great, but door uppers’ current design obstructs visibility, results in gaps between door edge at top and door frame at high speed, uppers adjustment mechanism (legs) are fragile and hard to adjust, and holes in doors where uppers’ legs go in scratch easily.

One touch top and half doors: rear window not removable or foldable. Door uppers made of soft top cloth don’t match a hard top.

I'm not sure half doors were meant for regular road use, especially regular highway use, and the uppers are really just in case inclement weather catches you while driving.

What you want are full doors.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
...it is not like dealers are even trying to keep up with Jeep’s upward mobility. In fact, their customer treatment seems to be going in the exact opposite direction.
I have to agree with that one. I originally went to my CDJR dealer, on a whim, to test drive a new JLU. I didn't give the downmarket-ish aesthetic of the showroom much thought until I began to digest the average sticker prices of the vehicles they were selling.

I still wonder if or how they'll attempt to meet the expectations of the folks to whom they expect to sell the high five/low six figure(!) Grand Wagoneers now arriving on the lot.

I'm not sure half doors were meant for regular road use, especially regular highway use, and the uppers are really just in case inclement weather catches you while driving.

What you want are full doors.
+1.

I do periodically miss the half door experience of my YJ. That said, the full doors on my JLU, coupled with the posts from owners with the new half doors for their own Wranglers, seem to confirm that the inherent limitations of the latter are still evident.
Sponsored