Sponsored

2018 Wish List

ModdedJK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modded JK
Clubs

What is your wishlist for the JL Wrangler?

I would like to see the JL lose some weight (1-200 pounds), keep the current wheelbase length, full LED head/tail lights, solid F/R axles, removable top and windshield and V6 standard.
Sponsored

CrashBurn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150
I really would have liked an all aluminum body but seems that is off the table based on the latest rumors.

With it poised to get bigger (based on spy pics) i feel weight will need to be kept in check. The new turbo 4 might help but i'd like to see them take it one step further.

Brogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge
Pentastar V6 with DI. Better MPG doesn't hurt. Few cosmetic changes which means definitely no Renegade lights.

Jeep XXL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I have just one major wish and that's for them to keep the sport bar / roll cage. Have a fully framed roof structure will make the Wrangler feel and look just like a regular SUV. :(

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
My wish list is to put the V6 Diesel from the Grand Cherokee in it with the 8 speed transmission. This would allow it get over 20 mpg around town and over 30 hwy and if they could fit a similar size tank to the Cherokee it would get 700 miles on a tank. This would be great at helping the Wrangler be a better Overland Vehicle. The other request is simply better hwy manners. Driving from Vegas to Moab is a chore in my current JKU. I think the diesel with 8 speed will help with a big chunk of that, but I wish they would tighten up the steering feel as well.

Last request is to get a legitimate infotament set up. I have the 730N currently and the interface is terrible, is freezes all the time, shows the wrong album art, and blue tooth takes forever to sync.

I know for pure trail use none of this is important, but I daily drive mine, and also use it to visit surrounding states so hwy use is important to some of us.

Sponsored

OP
OP

ModdedJK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modded JK
Clubs

I have just one major wish and that's for them to keep the sport bar / roll cage. Have a fully framed roof structure will make the Wrangler feel and look just like a regular SUV. :(
Roll cage is gone and we'll have a fixed A pillar so it sounds like it will be an open-y feel without the true openness. Unfortunately the roll cage adds more weight without more stiffness for crush test standards.

I've read predictions that it will be something like the Jeep JJ soft roader concept with a BOF, aluminum body structure designed to support the same crush test abilities as a conventional vehicle while still having an open top FEEL.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 Wish List {filename}

I pray that they are wrong about that.

JoKer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Wrangler Sport
My wish list is to put the V6 Diesel from the Grand Cherokee in it with the 8 speed transmission. This would allow it get over 20 mpg around town and over 30 hwy and if they could fit a similar size tank to the Cherokee it would get 700 miles on a tank. This would be great at helping the Wrangler be a better Overland Vehicle. The other request is simply better hwy manners. Driving from Vegas to Moab is a chore in my current JKU. I think the diesel with 8 speed will help with a big chunk of that, but I wish they would tighten up the steering feel as well.

Last request is to get a legitimate infotament set up. I have the 730N currently and the interface is terrible, is freezes all the time, shows the wrong album art, and blue tooth takes forever to sync.

I know for pure trail use none of this is important, but I daily drive mine, and also use it to visit surrounding states so hwy use is important to some of us.
Yea I'd like an updated modern screen/nav system too. Current one really isn't very good and fallen behind the competitors IMO. If the sticky'd list of JL Wrangler features is right, it sounds like we'll get a totally new gen nav unit with Apple Carplay and Android Auto, which would be keeping up with the most modern nav systems out there. I hope the screen resolution gets bumped up too.

Jeep XXL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Roll cage is gone and we'll have a fixed A pillar so it sounds like it will be an open-y feel without the true openness. Unfortunately the roll cage adds more weight without more stiffness for crush test standards.

I've read predictions that it will be something like the Jeep JJ soft roader concept with a BOF, aluminum body structure designed to support the same crush test abilities as a conventional vehicle while still having an open top FEEL.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 Wish List {filename}

I pray that they are wrong about that.
The JJ was ugly as sin and couldn't make it over the Rubicon without the help of a towrope. Any Wrangler should not be aiming to perform like a Cherokee.

If that's the best fixed roof they come up with I'll be sticking to my JK

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
My order form would (will) look much like this;

JLUR, black on black (though hoping they bring back Mango Tango paint), 3.0 Ecodiesel, 6 spd std, dual top, connectivity group, butt heaters, Trailer tow group (lite for a bike rack). Long range I'd also add an Ursa Minor J30.

Last edited:

AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
What is your wishlist for the JL Wrangler?

I would like to see the JL lose some weight (1-200 pounds), keep the current wheelbase length, full LED head/tail lights, solid F/R axles, removable top and windshield and V6 standard.
Personally I don't think you can feel 100-200 pounds on a 4000+ lbs car. I'd rather see more powerful engine which you'll actually feel performance benefits from. MPG won't be helped much either with 100 pound reduction. The new angled windshield probably does more for gas mileage.

Sponsored

ValTicinO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Volvo 245
2-doors, 4/5/6 seats, 106" wheelbase, higher hardtop with sliding/opening windows and rear ambulance doors, diesel engine, automatic...to be the BEST car up & down the Alps mountains now that Land Rover Defender 90 is going out of production!

Biker Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati Monster
That's a pretty long wheelbase for just the 2 door? About 10 inches more than the current I think. I'd want it to stay similar to the current Wrangler.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
2-doors, 4/5/6 seats, 106" wheelbase, higher hardtop with sliding/opening windows and rear ambulance doors, diesel engine, automatic...to be the BEST car up & down the Alps mountains now that Land Rover Defender 90 is going out of production!
Ambulance doors would be awesome. The current JK set up is kind of annoying

Midnight2d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Rubicon
Ambulance doors would be awesome. The current JK set up is kind of annoying
Functionally it would be good but I don't care much for the look. Only one I've seen in person is on the Mini Clubman though.

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
As someone who will likely be a first time Jeep buyer, (2018 JLU):

1. A "quick remove" suicide door package, in which the remote controlled power door locks are deadbolts extending from the center pillar/post between front/rear doors, requiring no wiring to be inside these "quick remove" doors with manual roll up windows, in order to feature power locks. (You're welcome for this idea!)

2. Waterproof interior option, with rubber mats, drain plugs, and waterproof/stain-proof seat material in hella colors, and with that quick remove door option mentioned above, taking all electronics out of doors, also have removable snap-in plate which covers all center dash electronics, so every interior surface can be hosed down when that snap in shielded protects the navi screen and AC/heat.

3. Option for panoramic clear vinyl "safari" soft top in an array of colors/flag prints, as well as an option for semi-panoramic "safari" multi-piece hard top.

4. 4-cylinder non-turbo diesel with great MPG

5. As light as it can get

6. Polar edition with engine block heater, all season snow tires, heated seats/steering wheel, etc in several colors (including all white)

7. Factory option for body matched front/rear bumpers and some body-matched undercarriage/skidplates

8. Huge navi screen with Apple play.

9. Lots of front seat legroom with seat all the way back (for us bball players) (I suspect the increase in apparent length in spy photos will address this legroom need)

10. Stow and go seating for maximum cargo capacity

11. Super slim, factory pop up camper roof option.

Let me order my all white/white, panoramic SAFARI flag print soft top, suicide quick remove powerless doors, polar edition with waterproof interior and a tiny diesel already !!!!!

Or gift me it after my consultant visit to Toledo !
Sponsored

Last edited: