2 Door Window Storage Technique

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
So took delivery today of my new 2 Door Rubicon. I ordered the factory window storage bag. I was really disappointed when my sales rep advised the bag will not fit behind the rear seat. I tried to read the forums here for suggestions, but it seems like most conversations are about four door JLUs. What are you guys with 2 doors doing for window storage that does not sacrifice the back seat? I have a 5 year old and I have his car seat in the back and it's not really an option to have the bag in the back seat area. Feel like jeep should have done a better job with the factory bag and storage. However, I'm certain you guys have a viable solution. Pictures and/or videos would be wonderful! Thanks in advance for your replies!
Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
The window bag can absolutely sit behind the back seat....I have done this myself multiple times. The Sales Rep is a Tard!

OP
OP
JimmyZ

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The window bag can absolutely sit behind the back seat....I have done this myself multiple times. The Sales Rep is a Tard!
I tried to get it back there and didn't have luck the first time. Is there a technique on how to store the windows in the bag prior to attempting? Also did you have to tilt the back seat or anything prior to do this? Thanks man!!! If you have any photos it'd be greatly appreciated! I'm like a elementary school kid... I learn best with colors and pictures 🤣🤣🤣

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
I tried to get it back there and didn't have luck the first time. Is there a technique on how to store the windows in the bag prior to attempting? Also did you have to tilt the back seat or anything prior to do this? Thanks man!!! If you have any photos it'd be greatly appreciated! I'm like a elementary school kid... I learn best with colors and pictures 🤣🤣🤣
the bag is wider than the cargo area, so the sides have to kind of curve into the wall, if that makes any sense.

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is a 4 door, but shows the idea. I assume the 2 door is similar.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door Window Storage Technique 4FDBFB10-BBB0-4EF4-A96F-35938EF755B6

Sponsored

OP
OP
JimmyZ

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
JimmyZ

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is a 4 door, but shows the idea. I assume the 2 door is similar.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door Window Storage Technique 4FDBFB10-BBB0-4EF4-A96F-35938EF755B6
Ok that helps... I'd assume the right side there where it curves is the hard plastic corners. I'll be giving it a whirl after I have some coffee and wipe the crust outta my eyes 🤣🤣🤣

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok... Does this cause any damages to the windows?
see the image I posted in response. don’t just jam them in there, but no there’s no damage. Just make sure they’re clear of the bulge in the swing gate when it closes. I’ve been storing my windows like that since I’ve had my Jeep with no issues.

OP
OP
JimmyZ

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
see the image I posted in response. don’t just jam them in there, but no there’s no damage. Just make sure they’re clear of the bulge in the swing gate when it closes. I’ve been storing my windows like that since I’ve had my Jeep with no issues.
You're the man!!! I'll update you with my success in a bit 😎

Sponsored

OP
OP
JimmyZ

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
Do you put the hard plastic corners on the same side of the bag or one on each side?
One each side and just fold the plastic corners in and things should fit. It puts what feels like a serious fold in the window, but upon taking it out and installing them back and sitting in the sun for 5 minutes it looks fresh again.

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
If you absolutely must have the windows with you, then yeah, you can squeeze them back there, but you stay remarkably dry with the top alone if you get caught in the rain (and like pina colada?).

Like JeepDave said, my windows stay in the garage when I take them off. It's way too much hassle trying to contort them into fitting behind the seats, IMO. Plus, you lose the little bit of cargo space you do have. I've had the windows off in light rain while parked and heavy rain while driving, it was really no big deal. The top edges of the carpet sides in the back got a little damp.
Sponsored