Sponsored

Soft Top Window Storage Question 2 Door

Namakan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys
I did a quick search but did not spend hours trying to find the answer. Just got my new 2 door home. Put the windows in the storage bag and it says to put it against the back of the rear seat but the bag is too wide. Is this suppose to actually fit behind the 2nd row?
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I did a quick search but did not spend hours trying to find the answer. Just got my new 2 door home. Put the windows in the storage bag and it says to put it against the back of the rear seat but the bag is too wide. Is this suppose to actually fit behind the 2nd row?
I believe each side bends/rolls.
Jeep Wrangler JL Soft Top Window Storage Question 2 Door 1628728475221

RubyRubi

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon, 2018 Grand Cherokee
It technically fits but I still think it’s too big. I don’t store mine in the Jeep but you can if you need to.

OP
OP
Namakan

Namakan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys
I could not bend it enough to fit and did not want to break something on day one. Based on the width of the bar at the bottom of the back window I don’t see any way this could fit as the diagram shows.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I could not bend it enough to fit and did not want to break something on day one. Based on the width of the bar at the bottom of the back window I don’t see any way this could fit as the diagram shows.
The bar is intended to be removed and placed back on the tailgate retainers. It slides off the rear window channel.

Sponsored

lpasq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR - Prior: XJ | TJ
Probably not helpful to OP but to those running without rear seat and owning the OE window bag... ...the three windows, even with the tailgate bar attached to rear window panel, hangs perfectly well off the two front seats.

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
It fits but the ends curl around. I often find it easier to let the rear seat slightly lean forwards so the roof locks into position, then push the seat into it’s upright position.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

Mlsy2014

First Name
Meghan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler willie
I am having the same problem! I actually think its the wrong bag
For a soft top. If you look at the image inside the bag, it shows storage for the 2 hard top pieces , NOT for soft top. I’m going to call the dealership to find out. What do use to store yours ? I have wrinkles in mine just for laying them on my bed.

OP
OP
Namakan

Namakan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys
I am having the same problem! I actually think its the wrong bag
For a soft top. If you look at the image inside the bag, it shows storage for the 2 hard top pieces , NOT for soft top. I’m going to call the dealership to find out. What do use to store yours ? I have wrinkles in mine just for laying them on my bed.
The part number for the bag I ordered is 68358392AC