2-Door Options for Onboard Soft Top Window Storage

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys
2-door soft top guys...has anyone come up with a better solution for storing your soft top windows in your 2-door JL while retaining your rear seat in the locked riding position?

I know of only two options:
  • Mopar bag (doesn't fit in a 2-door with top down without first pushing forward the rear seat a bit then locking it back in place) [not a good option for me while using child seat anchors :(]
  • BJane Design bag (same issue as mopar bag but worse since the sides could crease more due to the bag being fully soft. Also hanging the bag behind the driver seat is not an option for me because I have back seat passengers)

I'm wondering if removing the rear window, and rolling it up longways like a burrito with 2 velcro straps...then for the side windows loosely rolling them vertically along the plastic corner supports. Will all 3 fit vertically in the back behind the seat without damage??? This method could cause window scratches?? Anyone have any thoughts or methods they are currently using? Ideally I'd love to roll all 3 windows up with blankets between them like the JK guys do, but obviously that is not an option due to the hard plastic corner supports.
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Since my 2 door doesn't have a back seat can't help you with 2 seater solution. I have a Tuffy security enclosure in back. I can put mine in there separated with a security blanket. They are secure when parked but available for sudden rain.

And I hear the windows can scratch easily. Manual says some cleaners and car washes can scratch them.

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
This my biggest gripe with the JL (2dr) soft top. There isn't a reasonable solution for window storage... I have to treat it like a hard top; I either leave the house with them installed or in the garage. Technically the Mopar bag can be made to work, but it's a compromised option (cumbersome to load the bag, needs persuasion to fit with the top down).

I've been looking at "upgrading" to The Suntop, because it looks like the windows are actually soft/rollable; not these weird hybrid soft with rigid bits (not only the corners, it can't be good for the c-channels to be rolled). It's a shame because I like the main part of the top just fine. I'm sure if 2 door sales were more than like 10%, they would have given it more than half a thought.

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
I have a JLU, so I can't confirm if this works for the 2-door. But I do it the same way as the following link:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/soft-top-window-storage-bag.12573/post-431260

A little earlier in the same thread is a picture of similar bag in the back of a JL:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/soft-top-window-storage-bag.12573/post-317462

In that picture, top down doesn't look promising. Maybe reach out to the member that posted the pic and ask how it works.

OP
OP
Combat Chuck

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys
@laroo thanks for the first link. I may purchase that amazon bag and try it. (Price is right) it is narrower than the Mopar bag. The rolled up blanket, to help not put a crease in the back window, may just work. Thanks for the help.

Sponsored

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
@laroo thanks for the first link. I may purchase that amazon bag and try it. (Price is right) it is narrower than the Mopar bag. The rolled up blanket, to help not put a crease in the back window, may just work. Thanks for the help.
Hope it works for you. I like the smaller footprint of this bag vs the Mopar. I use a thick pool noodle wrapped in fabric so the inside of the windows aren't touching each other. Seems to work pretty well, although something thicker might be better. Sometimes a crease is visible when putting back on, but it disappears after a little time in the sun.

OP
OP
Combat Chuck

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys