RockyMtnHigh

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon - Punk'n Orange
I asked them and he wrote back:

The basket will fit, however if you have a soft top it may not retract all of the way. We haven't tested that yet on a 2-Door, but it does interfere a bit on the 4-door soft top. If you do order, just put in the comments at checkout that it is for a 2-door JL and we will make sure we provide the correct crossbars.

Mines a hardtop, thinking I may give this a shot.
But it will only work without the rear seat. And will it fit on the front two sets of bolts, behind the front seats? Or just on the rear two sets of bolts, by the trunk?
Sponsored

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

No one knows... guess I'm the guinea pig, just ordered one. That shipping is brutal!

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I asked them and he wrote back:

The basket will fit, however if you have a soft top it may not retract all of the way. We haven't tested that yet on a 2-Door, but it does interfere a bit on the 4-door soft top. If you do order, just put in the comments at checkout that it is for a 2-door JL and we will make sure we provide the correct crossbars.

Mines a hardtop, thinking I may give this a shot.
That's good information... If this does fit the 2-door, I'd certainly consider it. I like that it leaves room on the floor.
I'm also hard-top, but I'm just too sheepish to be the guinea pig.
Thank you...

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

$82.77 to ship. At least I got a 10% coupon for today only.

But yeah I measured my two long storage boxes and they will fit under this basket, so it could be like a halfassed drawer system. Coleman cooler is a little too tall though. But I hate that thing anyway.

Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
$82.77 to ship. At least I got a 10% coupon for today only.

But yeah I measured my two long storage boxes and they will fit under this basket, so it could be like a halfassed drawer system. Coleman cooler is a little too tall though. But I hate that thing anyway.
Holy sh*t Batman! 28% for shipping? That's effing insane...

robin.gif

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Srs, I wonder how heavy it’s going to be. He did say you could use your own acct # to pick it up, but is what FedEx charges him for 2 large boxes from Detroit so doubts it’d be cheaper. Whatever, can’t turn back now :piggybank:

sheram

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU RUBICON
Occupation
Retired
This cost about $20. It will come in and out in about 3 min. It can be used with or without the back seat in place. I ran it in my JK with the seat out and thought I'd try it with the seat in for a while. The photos don't show, but you can still put two bigger than carry-on suitcases side by side upright behind the shelf and close the back door with no problem. The shelf has two TARGET baskets with room for an ammo box for tools and a 20 qt. cooler between the baskets and then additional room on the other side of the Driver Side basket for other stuff. The shelf is secured with zip ties and pulls against the roll bar on either side on the back. On the seat is more storage for camera and whatever on either side. Under the seat is more storage in 3 "makeup" cases that cost about $12 each. In front of the "makeup cases" there's additional storage. (not shown are two angle brackets that I got in the gutter section at lowes that are attached via zip ties to the bottom of the shelf to prevent sagging when weight is added)

For the a$$hole who will ask-no I don't carry makeup in these.
jl06.jpg
jl07.jpg
jl08.jpg
jl09.jpg
jl10.jpg

Swadehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rubicon Hard Rock, 2019 Rubicon, 2023 392
Very nice, does it come in men's?

j/k, lol

Sponsored

marjamr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
DEWALT DWST17807 TSTAK II Flat Top Toolbox Organizer

Look it up on Amazon. Cheap, stackable, solid. Holds lots of medium size stuff.

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
These may not look great.....but they are GREAT for keeping your groceries and other things you place in the back from sliding around . Plus they are only about 8 to 10 dollars a piece at Walmart. They are heavy duty and stay upright even when full of groceries...yet they are flexable enough to conform to what ever you throw
upload_2019-1-28_20-0-10.jpeg
in them. If I had more time, I would have purchased some to match the color of my jeep.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
DEWALT DWST17807 TSTAK II Flat Top Toolbox Organizer

Look it up on Amazon. Cheap, stackable, solid. Holds lots of medium size stuff.

Thank you for the suggestion... would this fit under the back of a front seat? I see the inside dimensions are rougly 16 x 11 x 4, but I won't be home for a while today.

MandKM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘73 CJ5, ‘19 2-door JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

@GRAK did you get the Ace storage shelf? How did it work out?

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

@GRAK did you get the Ace storage shelf? How did it work out?
I did... looked at it but have not put it in yet, decided to wait for the next "trip". Weather is so nice here I may take the top off in meantime, and that shelf has to come out before you can get the top off. I will say it is not light in weight. Also you'd think there'd be a slip of paper included with a few sentences for instructions.. nope. Didn't care for that.. but it's not ugly, I think it will do its job well.
Sponsored