KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Hi, running the 2 door with back seats removed and need some storage for the general crap that we all keep in the car (water bottle, ice scraper, de icer, dog lead, tools etc). There's no under floor storage with the sub woofer so what are you using?
I run without a backseat as well and built a platform from 1 x 2’s and 1/4 inch CDX plywood. Room underneath for a lot of storage with the added benefit that everything underneath is secure with the tailgate locked. I bolted it to the rear seat belt bolts and can strap down whatever needed as I added tie downs on all three sides, backside facing tailgate is open.

95485B20-C905-447C-9C54-31768F5DA2AA.jpeg

6BFDBCE7-78E3-4A36-BD35-112E391BC7EF.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
4 door, but I use totes and bags strapped wherever I need them. Compressor, Airlines, tow strap, gloves, fire extinguisher stuff like that.

OP
OP
stewartld

stewartld

First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
I still need room for the dog in the back so even though some of these solutions look great they're not going to work for me...but I like the webbing on the seat backs, is that MOPAR?

crystalbackJL

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL
I just bought two plastic storage bins from Home Depot. They fit perfectly behind my back seat and make a world of difference handling things so they don't roll around the back.
With a rear seat delete, they offer larger bins that may work for larger equipment.

Sponsored

MikeLewisMusic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 2 Door, 2.0l Turbo/Automatic
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I still need room for the dog in the back so even though some of these solutions look great they're not going to work for me...but I like the webbing on the seat backs, is that MOPAR?
It comes factory on Rubicons. However, I have Bartact tactical seat covers (made of waterproof Cordura), and they are covered with them on the non-seating surfaces--I believe they offer them for any model seat. Lots of discussion here about MOLLE bags on the tailgates, too, although I haven't tried that.

Uhdinator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport HT 2.0T Auto, 2003 TJ Rubicon HT
Vehicle Showcase

MikeLewisMusic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
If you want to build a custom cabinet, take a look at using some 30 mm t-slot extrusion to frame it. You can use 1/4" King Starlite XL for filler panels. This makes a strong, light, water resistant cabinet that will stand up to off road abuse. A common configuration for over-landing is a slider for a stove and drawer stack on one side, and a slider for a chest style refrigerator on the other (or some similar combination). A Coleman liquid fuel type stove works well for this application.
Thanks for the King Starlite reference, that looks very promising, and supplier close by. Much appreciated!

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
Thanks for the King Starlite reference, that looks very promising, and supplier close by. Much appreciated!
I use Futura t-slots. They make some plastic panel mounting blocks (671236) that inset the panel and allow for expansion/contraction. It makes a nice clean look and protects the panel edges.

Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2-door and I ditched the back seat also. I keep an electric floor jack behind the driver seat, and under the passenger seat is a small storage box with assorted tools & a rolled up blanket. In the bag on the passenger side I keep a Dewalt socket set, breaker bar, air compressor, recovery/tow strap, multimeter, spare fuses, & battery load tester. Up top I have an MPS Molle panel with the first aid kit. Plenty of room left for the golf bag.

storage.jpg

MikeLewisMusic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I use Futura t-slots. They make some plastic panel mounting blocks (671236) that inset the panel and allow for expansion/contraction. It makes a nice clean look and protects the panel edges.
I have used a lot of 80/20 over the years for fixturing and such. I will certainly take a look at the plastic panel mounting blocks, thanks again!

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know if this would fit in the 2 door with the rear seats completely removed like we are doing?
It doesn't look like it's compatibile with the 2-door... if you look at 'choose options' in the middle, the only value there is 4-door. But reach out to them... Nick's pretty good with responding quickly. I typically call them.

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1977 FJ40, (RestoMod), 2018 Camaro SS Convertible, 2020 Tesla Model Y Performance
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC
This could be something. They used to make a hard proper rack but don’t see it for JL...

https://www.bestop.com/jeep/2018/all-new-wrangler-jl/cargo-trunk-organizer/
For day to day stuff, organizers are the bomb! We have a seat organizer that is similar to the one in the link. It keeps all the essential clutter in one spot that is easy to pull out of the Jeep if it needs cleaning or more room. It is very useful.

https://www.qmuniforms.com/uncle-mi...Vk9ylh-GL9KC-I3PaGsaArPuEALw_wcB#.XEm2hc1ReUk

For those of you that want Seat Back MOLLE attachements but don't have a Rubicon....we offer a panel that straps on. I have not had the opportunity to mount it to a Wrangler (mine is a Rubicon) but it should work just fine.

DSC_0051_zps6cebbc63.jpg

http://store-springtailsolutions-com.3dcartstores.com/MOLLE-Pouches_c_30.html

Also I would be remiss if I did not toss in a picture of our Tailgate Table/MOLLE Rack

IMG_1770_zpsfa9fwcr3.jpg

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door storage solutions {filename}

http://store-springtailsolutions-com.3dcartstores.com/Jeep-JL_c_39.html

Doc

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

It doesn't look like it's compatibile with the 2-door... if you look at 'choose options' in the middle, the only value there is 4-door. But reach out to them... Nick's pretty good with responding quickly. I typically call them.
I asked them and he wrote back:

The basket will fit, however if you have a soft top it may not retract all of the way. We haven't tested that yet on a 2-Door, but it does interfere a bit on the 4-door soft top. If you do order, just put in the comments at checkout that it is for a 2-door JL and we will make sure we provide the correct crossbars.

Mines a hardtop, thinking I may give this a shot.

Sponsored