2 door Rubi build feedback

TriumphJeepster

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Hopefully
After going back and forth on my build for weeks and keeping an eye on 2022 dates and news of the XTREMEEE Recon package not even an option for 2 doors, this is what I have come up with.

-only thing I am undecided on is color, currently Hydro or White lead on current available.
-adding gorilla glass of course
-I go back and forth on the 8.4 screen, but it seems like a no brainer with upgraded audio.
-dead set on manual.

Is there anything I included or excluded that I should reconsider?
This will be my daily driver, occasional light tow ( boats/small camper in future)

Thank you!

https://www.jeep.com/bmo.wrangler.2...T4,WGM,AL,UAQ,AEK,ADE,AD6,RC4,HT1,AJS,ADH,23R
Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
If you don’t want the 8.4” screen but want the Premium Audio, you can get the premium audio with the 7” screen. I wish I had known this when I got mine. I had no desire for the 8.4” screen so I settled for the garbage base speakers.

Edit: maybe your link isn’t working for me because it doesn’t have tow package selected. You are getting that right?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@TriumphJeepster

Get 8.4 , Proximity, Tow Package, Aux Switches..................... or regret not getting same .....

I have always liked Manual but the JL's 8 speed is a winner to say the least.

No, I did not use you link to see what you...

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
First, white isn't really a color but then again neither is my wifes choice of black. I would go hydro blue or red or something more exciting than the basic white/black/gray personally.

I would not spend the money they want on the upgraded audio or nav screen. Ours has the 7" and it works fine. For WAY less than $1200 you could swap all the speakers and add a sub woofer if better audio is required.

Ours has the cold weather package with heated seats and steering wheel, very nice for those cooler top down days. Tow package also gets you the bigger alternator and aux switches.

Ours was a "basic" Rubicon 2 dr six speed as well, super happy with it so far. We ordered it with the hard top and picked up a factory soft top last week from the dealer. We need both because we do have a substantial amount of winter here.

Enjoy the new Jeep!

OP
OP
TriumphJeepster

TriumphJeepster

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Hopefully
Correct, I have tow package selected.

Sponsored

JeffCj7Jl

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
83 CJ7, 2015 4Runner, 2021 JLR
I went with a 2dr manual rubicon w/ Steel bumper group, LED, cold weather package, tow group and hard top. For me it’s the perfect set of options. The LEDs are amazing at night, heated seats and steering wheel for cool top down or brutal Syracuse winters. Tow group for aux switches and to add a hitch bike rack. Got the steel bumpers because I want to add a winch and like the stock look of them. No regrets not getting the upgraded stereo or leather.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I got 2dr manual Rubi almost fully loaded. I didn’t want/need a hard top, and I prefer black fenders. I think I got everything else that was offered and have no regrets. If I skipped something and wanted it later on, I surely would have regrets. Been there many times over the years with other vehicles…

The manual can be great; mine is. If you read the forum you’ll see not everyone has been lucky, though. The most common problem seems to be improperly bled hydraulics. This can be fixed! Your clutch should engage close to the floor with no chatter. It’s a “truck,” and it is not as easy to be smooth as in a Miata. An experienced driver, or one who is willing to learn, won’t have an issue *if* their clutch has been properly bled.

The second manual complaint people have is gearing, but you won’t have that issue in a Rubicon (until/unless you get bigger tires). The 3.45 setup really doesn’t fit the 6sp.

You’re also going to read about clutch pressure plates and recalls. It’s mostly F.U.D. so don’t let it spoil your expectations. Ditto for “rev hang” threads. Yeah, if you have 3.45 gears and shift at (literally) 5k RPM there is rev hang. With your gearing there is no need to shift above 3-4K, even if hauling ass. Most times I shift at 2500. No rev hang whatsoever.

No, you won’t use 6th gear unless you regear. That’s fine, as it’s there when/if you do that.

FAVORITES:
  1. LEDs
  2. 8.4” Alpine
  3. Heated leather (top down, doors off at night with the heated seats on is niiiiice)
  4. Tow package (gotta have that big alternator and AUX switches)
  5. Tazer (aftermarket programmer)
  6. AUX battery bypass jumper and cutoff switch, plus Northstar aftermarket cranking battery
  7. CMM mirrors (for doors off)

Last edited:

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2.0T eTorque
Proximity locks are great, LED, and cold weather were a must for me as well. I have the 7" U Connect and have been pleased with it.

OP
OP
TriumphJeepster

TriumphJeepster

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Hopefully
All right you guys talked me into adding proximity. My girlfriends Venza has it, super convenient. I must be getting old.

Now I just wait for the new order guide to see what colors I can order!

-3.6 manual
-dual doors (sucker for half doors)
-black hardtop (buy a soft top later)
-tan leather (because SC is hot)
-8.4 infotainment
-cold weather group
-LED lights
-tow group
-remote proximity
-gorilla glass ($95 bucks, what a deal)

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
You might have been forced to get the proximity system anyway, we were. Came up as required on my build which was black 2 dr Rubicon 3.6 manual, cold weather, door sill protectors, hardtop, grab handles, and tow package.
Sponsored