Sponsored

Please give me feedback on my build

mac0822

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Hello,

I think I am ready to order, but I'm waiting on the late colors to open up.

-Rubicon Unlimited
-Automatic $2,000 - What a ridiculous price for automatic transmission
-LED Lighting Group $895 - Should be standard, but it's a must have (appearance mostly)
-Electronic Infotainment System Group $1,295 - Mainly for the Alpine stereo, but I find Nav handy as well. Bigger screen is never a bad thing
-Dual Top Group $2,195 - This one is the hard for me. I could get a hard top for $1,000+ less, but I think I'll use the soft top more. I could save $1,500 and just get the soft top, but I can't stomach a $50,000 Jeep without a hard top
-Steel Bumper Group $1,295 - This one is hard too. I'd want upgraded bumpers anyway and I usually like OEM look. I want a winch, so I didn't want to wait for aftermarket bumpers and deal with installing them.

MSRP: $49,370

Reasons I didn't choose some options:

-Painted Fenders; I wavered on these, but just feel like a Jeep looks more like a Jeep with the black fenders. Plus I will be doing some off-roading and I fear the painted fenders would get beat up.
-Cold Weather Group - This will be a 3rd vehicle, only driven in summer
-Trailer Tow and HD Electrical Group - I considered this, but $795 seems steep for what it is. I'll kick myself if I decide to add some lights. I won't be towing, but I wouldn't mind the hitch. If it was a little cheaper, I'd do it.
-Jeep Active Safety Group - It's a Jeep, not a Cadillac. Plus I could see that technology not holding up in the woods.

Any feedback would be appreciated!
Sponsored

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
The Infotainment group is $1495 now. The towing package also gets you a bigger battery and alternator, and of course the switches you know about, I think you will regret not getting that at some point.

auxSwitch

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubi, FZ6
Vehicle Showcase
what AZCrawl said - that towing package is well worth it, imho, for alternator, battery and programmable switches - I can't see equivalent after-market additions fitting into $800 there.

I'm "meh" on Infotainment system - I agree with you on larger screen, but I just don't want to pay that much for it.
I ended up just getting the hard top - I also considered dual top, but decided to save and get the towing package instead.

My situation is different - this will be my daily driver, so I want Cold Weather, LED (in winter most of the driving I do on weekdays is at night), and Safety Group to attempt to compensate for less-and-less-caring drivers out there (yes, I recognize the irony - i'm relying on the same technology as less-and-less-caring drivers).

What kind of driving are you going to be doing?

(sorry, i just have to ;-) ) Going manual will buy you the towing package AND leave another $1k. ;-)

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
It’s your Jeep, but if you are serious about only driving it in the summer, I see the hard top being stored a lot. $1500 is a lot of money for something that might end up taking up significant space. The Dual top was my last decision and the reason I went with it was: I prefer the look of the hard top, it will be my year-round vehicle, and I want to have the top off/down as much as possible....Oh yeah, and ditto what he said about the infotainment being $1495. The builder is wrong.

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
I would suggest adding the tow package. I think it is well worth it. I saw aftermarket steel bumpers on facebook already. I think it's worth waiting instead of going with the OEM steel bumpers (I don't like the OEM rear steel bumper). If you are in warm climate and don't see yourself installing and removing the hard top at least once a year I would skip it and get the premium soft top only, specially for a summer-only third car.
Sponsored