jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
oh, i might add, anyone need some slightly used rubicon sliders? they are trail tested lol
Sponsored

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
Andrew Krok? from the "Krok of Sheet" clan? inspecting welds is a normal occurrence at our place. We have had to make many repairs and reinforcements to the JK. But we do wheel pretty hard and often. honestly i could see fracturing some of these welds just hitting a pot hole. Though, thus far our JL welds have held. We put our JL thru quite a bit too.
So how would you fix this weld? just grind down the old one and re do it ? i know nothing about welding.

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
So how would you fix this weld? just grind down the old one and re do it ? i know nothing about welding.
take it to a 4x4 shop that builds buggys and rock crawlers. they have good welders. hell ive had the muffler guy add a piece of angle to the trac bar bracket. lots of places have decent welders. and as much opportunity as you have for welding on a jeep, learn to weld, even my bubble gum welds are starting to look more like stacked dimes with all the practice i get.

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
https://www.bing.com/search?q=www.rockhard4x4.com/category_s/487.htm&FORM=O1HV1
try this when you open the page does it show 6 options if it does the three on the bottom are 2 door the pictures are 4door but the part numbers and description are 2 door they were just starting production and put these part numbers on the site so I could order them did not have any 2 door pictures yet I think the person I talked to was Jason.
Those appear to be sliders not skids. I want the skids that protect the entire belly of the jeep

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Howdy hi my 2-door friends! Hope all has been well :)

No more little ones at our house and shut ourselves down as Foster Parents. So now I find myself with much more free time.

Looking like next weekend I will be going out off roading for the first time in many years! Going to a nearby place called Hidden Falls Adventure Park. You can find videos of the park online, super stoked to go!

A minor thing, I ordered a decal for my Jeep. Small, subtle, but I really like it!

52594C93-ACD2-4C41-A6F7-C106F60F9FF8.png

Sponsored

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Headed into work for a little last minute overtime. Should help pay for today's service as well as help with Monday being off for holiday. We dont get paid for it

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
Good morning, Cristina!
Boy oh boy you’re up early for the time zone you’re in! :giggle:
Ha! Yes, but went back to bed after the morning hug. Pretty dysfunctional, no? To look for my friends that are up on the forum at 2:30am or so.
My son and grandson don’t drive a car. They ride their bikes everywhere, to school, work, store. (My grandson is 7). So we found a bike for me yesterday. A lot of bicycles in Portland! Pretty awesome! Can’t wave at wranglers on my bike, so I can’t take a count.

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
take it to a 4x4 shop that builds buggys and rock crawlers. they have good welders. hell ive had the muffler guy add a piece of angle to the trac bar bracket. lots of places have decent welders. and as much opportunity as you have for welding on a jeep, learn to weld, even my bubble gum welds are starting to look more like stacked dimes with all the practice i get.
However, if you don’t take it to the dealership, it will likely affect your warranty.

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl

No more little ones at our house and shut ourselves down as Foster Parents. So now I find myself with much more free time.

Looking like next weekend I will be going out off roading for the first time in many years! Going to a nearby place called Hidden Falls Adventure Park. You can find videos of the park online, super stoked to go!

A minor thing, I ordered a decal for my Jeep. Small, subtle, but I really like it!

Welcome back, Jason! And enjoy your adventure!

Sponsored

geospyder

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Mo" 2019 Mojito 2 Door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Mornin' all. Last day in the Las Vegas area. Heading to the Red Rock area. Hope to do some hiking and maybe find a 4WD trail or two. So far my wife has placed in all her events - two gold, two silver and one bronze. Two more events today and then on to the World Games in St. George, UT next week.

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Mornin' all. Last day in the Las Vegas area. Heading to the Red Rock area. Hope to do some hiking and maybe find a 4WD trail or two. So far my wife has placed in all her events - two gold, two silver and one bronze. Two more events today and then on to the World Games in St. George, UT next week.
Very cool, congrats to her and a job well done

PhotoGuy

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tjwallerphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
"Stormie," A Base 2018 Granite Crystal JL Sport 2-door
Occupation
Professional Action Photographer

Yours is an Unlimited? I thought you baby was a 2 door?

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link

Ordered mine some time ago. Still haven't gotten them. :(

Headed into work for a little last minute overtime. Should help pay for today's service as well as help with Monday being off for holiday. We dont get paid for it
Don't get paid for that one either, but as luck would have it I have security patching that can be done for a few hours.

Yours is an Unlimited? I thought you baby was a 2 door?
That's the advertisement picture.

Jason, have you already gotten yours?

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Ordered mine some time ago. Still haven't gotten them.

Jason, have you already gotten yours?
Just ordered it Friday. Sounds like I will be in for a wait :(
Sponsored