NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
Is the key fob extremely simple, since no keyless entry?
I test drove a 2-door Sport model and I guess you could say that the key fob is pretty simple -- still the same size and the other one, but there are NO buttons on it. Just a big gray box that you have to put in your pocket.
Sponsored

OP
OP
warc1

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
Well, hello Warc1! Glad you’re enjoying your jeep! Things are slowly progressing over here!
Hi Cristina. I've largely been off the forum after receiving my JLR six weeks ago and I'm surprised at the number of long timers on this thread that are still waiting. I saw that your rail journey has ended and I assume that it just has to get by truck to your dealer. How far away is that? For me, it was just 5 miles, but that took four days - the longest four days of the entire experience.

The wait was worth it, even though I still hold a large grudge against FCA for the botched 2dr rollout. I've had no issues to date, knock on wood, and the JLR is proving superior to the JKR in every aspect from performance to comfort. Here's hoping you vehicle proves as rewarding.

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
I'm still here and still keeping track of everyone's progress Cristina! I got tired of waiting and actually found a non-sold Rubicon semi-locally which had everything but the steel bumpers and proximity. Once I confirmed it wasn't sold, I jumped on it. I had to sacrifice color unfortunately but am real glad I did given the unbelievable delays in my order. I have no idea what "NORTHTOWNE YARD OFFSITE" means but like you, I can't see how that's a good thing. My order actually showed an expected ETA a couple of weeks ago but was then removed. What's even crazier is that the dealer that I ordered through has taken delivery of 2 JL's and 3-4 JLU's within the past few weeks and they are all stock orders.
I've still been checking the progress on our orders along with others on the tracking site. Hopefully it won't be long for you now. I can also echo what all the others have said....they are worth the wait! I'm loving every minute spent behind the wheel so far and have already changed a few things.

20180704_192407.jpg

20180705_100611.jpg

20180705_100629.jpg
Another gorgeous jeep! Photographs really well! Y’all are a real challenge for PhotoGuy!

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
Hi Cristina. I've largely been off the forum after receiving my JLR six weeks ago and I'm surprised at the number of long timers on this thread that are still waiting. I saw that your rail journey has ended and I assume that it just has to get by truck to your dealer. How far away is that? For me, it was just 5 miles, but that took four days - the longest four days of the entire experience.

The wait was worth it, even though I still hold a large grudge against FCA for the botched 2dr rollout. I've had no issues to date, knock on wood, and the JLR is proving superior to the JKR in every aspect from performance to comfort. Here's hoping you vehicle proves as rewarding.
Thank you! Dixiana is about 160 miles from my dealer in Hardeeville SC. The dealer is about 25 miles from Savannah, Ga. it’s really close, but honestly, until I lay my eyes on her is absolutely impossible to imagine!

PhotoGuy

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tjwallerphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
"Stormie," A Base 2018 Granite Crystal JL Sport 2-door
Occupation
Professional Action Photographer
I'm waiting on a manual 2 door Sport myself.

Are the manual windows nice?
Are there still electrical connectors to the doors? (someone claimed there was)
Is the key fob extremely simple, since no keyless entry?
There's cruise control, right? (preeeetty sure I've read there is, but just kinda wanna confirm)
Is the 6 speed quick with the lightweight bare bones 2 door and the non-rubicon axle gearing? Any chance you could report highway RPM's at various speeds and gears?
Does it feel like a TJ/YJ/CJ successor? :)
The windows are nice. Very smooth. And the reach isn't bad to roll the passenger side up or down if you're stopped at a light or something.
Key fob is very simplistic as Old Fart said. And pretty bulky. It has a switchblade-like action for the key when you want to lock or unlock the doors; other than that it just sits in your pocket.
The shifting is sweeeeeet! Though, as I mentioned earlier, I stalled it twice! And all I've ever driven are standards. First gear is super short! I almost thought it might be a granny gear, but it isn't. All the rest feel about "normal." Didn't go into 6th until I was well into the 50's.
I'll try to get some rpm stats for you tomorrow when I'm out and about.
Can't answer your final question as this is my first Jeep. But this thing DEFINITELY doesn't feel like I thought a Jeep would feel like! It's a smooth ride and the soft top is quiet!
When I had my window down though, the seat belt flapped in the wind and made noise. I'm going to have to fix that somehow.

Sponsored

Moosh67

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon (ordered 2/26/18)
I
Sooo... my Jeep is off the train; and my dealer didn’t respond to my text... I’ll call tomorrow. Why can’t life just flow smoothly????
It’s maddening!!! :facepalm:

Rlc2009

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JL 2dr Rubi 15’ Yamaha FZ-07 Yamaha 17’yz250f
Occupation
Union journeyman lineman
Trees, yes...flat, I hate to say it, but the wrinkles on the horizon are not exactly hills, sorry...
but the photos, dang, Luke, if you’re not a professional photographer, you missed your calling, man!! Or maybe your gal is just that photogenic! Lol!
Hahah thanks !

JBall

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi/Billet Silver
Here's something everyone may need to check into:
My Jeep is just the base model Sport, but yet it still came with this nice pouch and the fat User Manual and thin User Guide. Now it may just be my dealer making sure I got these, but since many of you didn't, you might just inquire about it.
20180705_161311.jpg
I got it with my Rubi

Sponsored

Biggie C

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7, 2016 JKU Rubicon, 2018 JL Rubicon
Ordered on May 1st and found this site the next day. Been watching, regretting, and thinking it would probably never come in. Dealer called today and I went right down to check it out. After a bit of drooling I can say it looks awesome. I know some have waited a lot longer but I agree with all who have said it before, it is totally worth it. Can't wait to get behind the wheel!

IMG_0096.JPG

JBall

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok unicorn Jeeples....I need yinz input!
What color should I get for Vida:whatsgoingon:
B08E0FBB-A8AE-4400-B2B4-B44ADBB20306.jpeg
I’m thinking red, black, maybe gray?
Red! I like the color of the shadow it casts.

JBall

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red! I like the color of the shadow it casts.
I haven't installed mine yet, but here's a pic I googled of the red Alien Sunshade to show the color it casts
30947521_604715646561056_737641967160131584_n.jpg
:

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Well guys/gals this is it. The anxiety of the wait is over for me, but the trail anxiety has taken over. In the short time since I received my JL a few weeks ago it has been a mad dash to meet the minimum requirements to attempt the Rubicon Trail. I am at the bare minimum with winch, cb, 33's and air. I was really hoping that my rock rails would make it but unfortunately they will not. the Rubicon rails will get a work out. Now the anxiety builds as i embark on this journey tomorrow morning. At this moment we are 3 rigs and 3 drivers, so photography and video will be tough, I'll get as much as i can. I'm sure ill try and post some pics as we make our way north and have signal. I really want to thank everyone in this thread, this is a great group! The support and positive attitudes are awesome! this has been a long journey for many of us. My journey always had this trip in mind, now it is here and I am nervous as all get out. This is not a new thing for us but pre trail jitters are a real thing. did i prep well enough, is all our gear in order, did i forget something? so with that i bid thee farewell and begin a new adventure. Thank you all for letting me ride around in here with you, and sharing my journey. i wont be back to this old lap top for about 10 days. good luck to those waiting. i hope you get your Jeeps in my absence.
Wasting no time. I'll be on that trail one day. I hope you take key pictures and videos to follow with your commentary. Reviews!

Looks like someone’s going to be sweating buckets in this bs heat & humidity to get Vida’s doors back on today. Last night was her first time being in the nursery & HMFN she sure isn’t staying in there until it is thoroughly cleaned!!!! I can’t even imagine what’s already hiding inside of her. :brokenhearted::crying:
24E65C4E-D308-47F2-A338-AC8143A4FB80.jpeg
Charlotte!

Please don't go. :crying:

Did a lil trip today and yes kansas isn’t completely flat and we have trees!:cwl:
I’m very impressed with the ol rubi I never thought I would be a Jeep person, but dang it sure is a lot of fun feels like you can go anywhere :flag:

96618627-D802-46E2-9102-120DC693EDAF.jpeg
The flatness. Yes you can call those bumps hills, but then we can call our puddles lakes. :like:

A Jeep is always going to make options for you. Choose wisely.

I really like those painted fenders. :facepalm:

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
I haven't installed mine yet, but here's a pic I googled of the red Alien Sunshade to show the color it casts
30947521_604715646561056_737641967160131584_n.jpg
:
That’s what I got, red, for my ocean blue.
For Lydia, well, all opinions... but actually if not red, black would go with your wheels, except for the Florida sun. The red cast is fun, though. I know! Get one of each color!! Lol
Sponsored