First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth
So whose punkn rubicon am i inquiring about at river oaks? in houston

JW172014

The chat peeps are telling me it's available not sold order, but i doubt it.

At this point, if i can find something close, i'll consider a road trip and jumping on it.... it's auto and punkn instead of mtx and granite, and a few missing features, but has led and infotainment. biggest downside is it's probably someone here's jeep, and i won't poach it, but i will inquire...

if nothing else, put a little pressure on my dealer. tho i hear ya saying they will sell it in a day or two, that's not the vibe i get from them. 2 door manual rubi they at least think is hard to sell in deming.... might as well work it.

river oaks also has this one which is damn close to mine other than automatic and trail rated kit
JW153400

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
So whose punkn rubicon am i inquiring about at river oaks? in houston

JW172014

The chat peeps are telling me it's available not sold order, but i doubt it.

At this point, if i can find something close, i'll consider a road trip and jumping on it.... it's auto and punkn instead of mtx and granite, and a few missing features, but has led and infotainment. biggest downside is it's probably someone here's jeep, and i won't poach it, but i will inquire...

if nothing else, put a little pressure on my dealer. tho i hear ya saying they will sell it in a day or two, that's not the vibe i get from them. 2 door manual rubi they at least think is hard to sell in deming.... might as well work it.

river oaks also has this one which is damn close to mine other than automatic and trail rated kit
JW153400
Could be wrong, but looking at window sticker that sure sounds like cmb's which he picked up yesterday.

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
Well guys/gals this is it. The anxiety of the wait is over for me, but the trail anxiety has taken over. In the short time since I received my JL a few weeks ago it has been a mad dash to meet the minimum requirements to attempt the Rubicon Trail. I am at the bare minimum with winch, cb, 33's and air. I was really hoping that my rock rails would make it but unfortunately they will not. the Rubicon rails will get a work out. Now the anxiety builds as i embark on this journey tomorrow morning. At this moment we are 3 rigs and 3 drivers, so photography and video will be tough, I'll get as much as i can. I'm sure ill try and post some pics as we make our way north and have signal. I really want to thank everyone in this thread, this is a great group! The support and positive attitudes are awesome! this has been a long journey for many of us. My journey always had this trip in mind, now it is here and I am nervous as all get out. This is not a new thing for us but pre trail jitters are a real thing. did i prep well enough, is all our gear in order, did i forget something? so with that i bid thee farewell and begin a new adventure. Thank you all for letting me ride around in here with you, and sharing my journey. i wont be back to this old lap top for about 10 days. good luck to those waiting. i hope you get your Jeeps in my absence.
strap a go pro to your side mirror.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

Sponsored

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
Howdy folks! Looks like it is going to be a hot rainy mess around Austin today.

Been watching the tracking updates for alltimesaresoon, Cristina, and of course my order. I would like to think alltimesaresoon is up next for delivery, but that is still a total cluster :(. Cristina is probably up next.

My order shows last update in Michigan on the 3rd, so apparently someone got North and South confused. Also not seeing daily updates which is odd since most others I looked at were getting daily, sometimes multiple daily, updates as it progressed in transit. No idea what this means ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And still no build sheet, though Window Sticker is available.
Thank you! I have to admit, although I did not expect anything to happen on the 4th, I could not help checking JG 4-5 times yesterday. I’ll text my dealer today, see if he can find out anything. Usually I email him, but he does not answer emails most of the time.
My Jeep moved so nicely until Dixiana, I am disappointed about the sudden halt in action. But we are at the tail end of this undesired adventure. At least we all keep each other company!

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
Hey, anyone knows what happened to McBeevee? Can’t remember hearing from him recently. Looking at his build, in KZ, but offsite in a yard, that’s not as good as “in transit”, no doubt.

LydiaSP613

Threads
Reaction score
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
Looks like someone’s going to be sweating buckets in this bs heat & humidity to get Vida’s doors back on today. Last night was her first time being in the nursery & HMFN she sure isn’t staying in there until it is thoroughly cleaned!!!! I can’t even imagine what’s already hiding inside of her. :brokenhearted::crying:
24E65C4E-D308-47F2-A338-AC8143A4FB80.jpeg

Sponsored

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
Looks like someone’s going to be sweating buckets in this bs heat & humidity to get Vida’s doors back on today. Last night was her first time being in the nursery & HMFN she sure isn’t staying in there until it is thoroughly cleaned!!!! I can’t even imagine what’s already hiding inside of her. :brokenhearted::crying:
24E65C4E-D308-47F2-A338-AC8143A4FB80.jpeg
Clearly everyone likes Vida!

OP
OP
warc1

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
Ya sometimes I don't like white vehicles, but your Rubi has the right amount of black, that gives it definition and overall looks great.

Local dealer has a white rubi with black hard top coming in any day... Its gotta manual which I prefer out of traffic jams.. First world problems.. lol.

I doubt I can resist once I drive it
The white on black look is definitely what sold me on white paint. I posted below why it's not what I would really like in colour and why I didn't feel I had much choice.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/lack-of-real-choice-in-jl-colors.4700/

Now that I have it, I have no regrets. I think the b/w contrast is striking in person and just looks good at all times, even when wearing the dirt from its intended purpose. The only downside is that there are probably more white Wranglers than any other color, so it doesn't exactly stand out from the crowd.

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth
update.... .dealer emailed that he would split the $400 for a dedicated driver. i told him ok in principle, but he had to get confirmation he could get it to the dealer by saturday for sign and pickup, and that he wouldn't get into any issues with getting it off the current truck if it's backed up behind others and not moving due to any rules or regs they have..... he's checking, and i'm checking austin, phoenix, houston....

LydiaSP613

Threads
Reaction score
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
Clearly everyone likes Vida!
I’m trying to come to terms with it. Lol. To tell myself it’s no big deal, because I know it really isn’t. On the other hand, I’ve never really been good at controlling my arachnophobia. I’m just not sure how I’ll react if something decides to come crawling out of a vent while I’m driving down the road. :facepalm::(:surprised::crying:

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
The white on black look is definitely what sold me on white paint. I posted below why it's not what I would really like in colour and why I didn't feel I had much choice.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/lack-of-real-choice-in-jl-colors.4700/

Now that I have it, I have no regrets. I think the b/w contrast is striking in person and just looks good at all times, even when wearing the dirt from its intended purpose. The only downside is that there are probably more white Wranglers than any other color, so it doesn't exactly stand out from the crowd.
Or stand out from the snow bank? :)
Sponsored