2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth
Well that’s great and all that he recognizes the problem, now the question is what the heck he plans to do about it.
Call his regional rep, who will join him Nicole and Jeff and others watching and reporting. Jeep chat told me that even escalation is just escalated watching.
Sponsored

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
Well jeep chat just told me my vehicle is completed , and waiting shipping approval . when i asked what the status was she said F which is paint, but what ever at least i know after 5 months waiting my jeep is actually being built.

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Call his regional rep, who will join him Nicole and Jeff and others watching and reporting. Jeep chat told me that even escalation is just escalated watching.
I will go out and take care of this for you.

Hey Mr. Dealerman. Nice lot you have here. O and nice young lady I saw you with at that hotel last night. You know, life is very unpredictable. Maybe vandals hit the lot, maybe a wife finds out about a mistress. That would be very unfortunate.

So maybe my friend alltimesaresoon gets his Jeep tomorrow. Maybe these unfortunate things don’t happen.

PhotoGuy

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tjwallerphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
"Stormie," A Base 2018 Granite Crystal JL Sport 2-door
Occupation
Professional Action Photographer

Hey Mr. Dealerman. Nice lot you have here. O and nice young lady I saw you with at that hotel last night. You know, life is very unpredictable. Maybe vandals hit the lot, maybe a wife finds out about a mistress. That would be very unfortunate.

So maybe my friend alltimesaresoon gets his Jeep tomorrow. Maybe these unfortunate things don’t happen.
:cwl:

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth

I've stooped nearly as low. Tried cracking the dealer Rubicon vls tracking system to see what additional information I could get.

Researched the websites involved to try to get a login, and also to try to find out what truck carrier holds a cuxc carrier code, and call them directly with a plea for help and escalation.

Struck out so far

Last edited:

Sponsored

JBall

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi/Billet Silver
I've stooped nearly as low. Tried cracking the dealer Rubicon vls tracking system to see what additional information I could get.

Researched the websites involved to try to get a login, and also to try to find out what truck carrier holds a cuxc carrier code, and call them directly with a plea for help and escalation.

Struck out so far
Glad to see you're still fighting! It has to be almost over....keep it up!

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth
Glad to see you're still fighting! It has to be almost over....keep it up!
I fly to Prague July 16. If I don't have it before I leave I might threaten to cancel and see how they respond

SandBucket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR; 2017 Subaru Outback; 1999 TJ Sport (traded-in)
I was able to view my build sheet on 7/2 and I just received a notice from crypto that my window sticker is available BUT when I click on the link I get a message that a window sticker is unavailable for my VIN. Anyone know why? Is it just timing and I need to be more patient? That is definitely not my strong suit.

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase

Struck out so far
that's going the extra mile! im over here rooting for you and the other few stragglers. get those jeeps! two doors rock!

PhotoGuy

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tjwallerphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
"Stormie," A Base 2018 Granite Crystal JL Sport 2-door
Occupation
Professional Action Photographer
I fly to Prague July 16. If I don't have it before I leave I might threaten to cancel and see how they respond
Unfortunately, they won't care because they'll just sell it to someone else in a day or two.

Sponsored

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
How long after your jeep is built does the build sheet show up?

jpalazz2

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Volt, Honda CB500x
How long after your jeep is built does the build sheet show up?
My build sheet showed up about a day or so ahead of it hitting KZ. Received the window sticker about another day or so after it finished the quality inspection and landed in a train.

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
Ok on the 866 number the woman was able to see that my jeeps went from D1 to E to F to JS , and to KZ from yesterday morning till this morning

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
Well guys/gals this is it. The anxiety of the wait is over for me, but the trail anxiety has taken over. In the short time since I received my JL a few weeks ago it has been a mad dash to meet the minimum requirements to attempt the Rubicon Trail. I am at the bare minimum with winch, cb, 33's and air. I was really hoping that my rock rails would make it but unfortunately they will not. the Rubicon rails will get a work out. Now the anxiety builds as i embark on this journey tomorrow morning. At this moment we are 3 rigs and 3 drivers, so photography and video will be tough, I'll get as much as i can. I'm sure ill try and post some pics as we make our way north and have signal. I really want to thank everyone in this thread, this is a great group! The support and positive attitudes are awesome! this has been a long journey for many of us. My journey always had this trip in mind, now it is here and I am nervous as all get out. This is not a new thing for us but pre trail jitters are a real thing. did i prep well enough, is all our gear in order, did i forget something? so with that i bid thee farewell and begin a new adventure. Thank you all for letting me ride around in here with you, and sharing my journey. i wont be back to this old lap top for about 10 days. good luck to those waiting. i hope you get your Jeeps in my absence.

cedxc2005

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JL Sport S (Gabrielle)
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Well guys/gals this is it. The anxiety of the wait is over for me, but the trail anxiety has taken over. In the short time since I received my JL a few weeks ago it has been a mad dash to meet the minimum requirements to attempt the Rubicon Trail. I am at the bare minimum with winch, cb, 33's and air. I was really hoping that my rock rails would make it but unfortunately they will not. the Rubicon rails will get a work out. Now the anxiety builds as i embark on this journey tomorrow morning. At this moment we are 3 rigs and 3 drivers, so photography and video will be tough, I'll get as much as i can. I'm sure ill try and post some pics as we make our way north and have signal. I really want to thank everyone in this thread, this is a great group! The support and positive attitudes are awesome! this has been a long journey for many of us. My journey always had this trip in mind, now it is here and I am nervous as all get out. This is not a new thing for us but pre trail jitters are a real thing. did i prep well enough, is all our gear in order, did i forget something? so with that i bid thee farewell and begin a new adventure. Thank you all for letting me ride around in here with you, and sharing my journey. i wont be back to this old lap top for about 10 days. good luck to those waiting. i hope you get your Jeeps in my absence.
Good luck and have fun out there! :like:
Sponsored